The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Extreme Lag Since 9.6

SanityRobot

Well I guess we stop playing warframe and remember the times we could play without problems, and be done with it.

It's just a game, if developers F*** it up its not our fault, we stop playing, and in time uninstall it and go play something without bad coding (usually games that are bought don't have these problems)

I'm having the same issues but its only really been effecting me since update 9.8.  It happened a couple of times before but now its happening a lot!  It's not a PC or internet connection issue as my machine can easily handle Warframe, and I've tested my connection several times and there are no issue with ping or connection speeds outside of the game.  But in game, playing in a group of 3 or 4, all I can see is my team mates running on the spot and sometimes the odd enemy standing still, but when you shoot them, all I see is a spray of blood and no numbers flying off them to indicate any kind of damage.  When not in a battle, I see my team darting around the stage.  But I'd like to reiterate, I do not believe my connection is the issue as every speed test shows zero issue and a fast connection.

usually games that are bought don't have these problems

LOL WAT. You're living in a dream world, bud.

On topic: I didn't play for a couple of months, now that I'm back (around Update 9.6 too I think) I hear a lot of people complain about games lagging horribly. Usually I play with friends and I'm host, and nobody's lagging. However, when I do play public ("online") it does happen that I get incredibly laggy games when I'm not host, although I seem to be more lucky(?) than others as my friends rage a lot about their public games being hatefully laggy.

I live in West Germany, I got 50 MB/s downrate and 2.5 MB/s uprate. As I said, none of my friends complain about lag when I'm host, except one who lives in France. She says she can't even see mobs in defense missions etc. (probably related to the rest of us killing them before they get near the pod), and when she hosts, she's warping/teleporting for me too as well as the mobs. This provides me with a lot of pleasant side effects as in my shield suddenly breaks (1110 on Frost atm) out of the blue (from my point of view anyway) or my energy doesn't regenerate despite picking up orbs and stacked Energy Siphon, then suddenly it's full. She says she doesn't have any issues in other games, although the only ones she plays besides Warframe are (for all I know) LoL and S4L (no need to look up the latter if you don't know it, suffice to say it's also peer to peer netcode).

As speedtests don't return anything out of the ordinary for her and the "Analyze network" feature in Warframe's options claims "all systems nominal", I'm not quite sure how to fix her problem. As my other friends don't have any issues when I host, I fairly doubt it's related to my internet or machine. As she also lags with other hosts I'd usually say it's her internet, but she insists other games work fine and speedtests report expactable results for her.

Not sure if it's related to the OP's issues but I felt like sharing this.

For what it's worth, speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2943461985

Edited by takku

• 2 weeks later...

Are we being ignored all together? Can an Admin please respond? Are there any plans to optimize AND compress your crappy net coding or not? 2 Megabit upload requirement is simply ridiculous! No other online game I have EVER played has required this much. Not even Diablo III was THIS bad.

I have been lagging aswell, having all the symptoms described in this thread. Multiplayer is unplayable and I'd love to be able to fight Lephantis with my friends but I can't because of the constant teleporting and inability to switch weapons.

Please fix this soon DE! All of my friends confirm the lag was not this bad beforehand. :(

i have same issue with my friend.

at first, i couldn't join friends game when 8.6.

its solvent were join after friend host game.

and could play still confortable without lag.

then coming update 10, i could join to friends game easily.

but got super heavy lag.

and then, this weekend, i don't know why, but its fixed.

we could play without lag finally.

BUT after this 10.1.2 patch, lag is coming back...

what changed???

Same problem here, I think I can approve that it went worse since Update 9. Before bringing that patch, I could easily host 4 player games with not a single lagg (neither for me as a HOST, nor for any other mates). Now, my internet connection goes nuts when hosting for more than 2 players. It even goes to the point that I am the ONLY one in a match by another hoster who is lagging like hell. I thought it might have been the experimental "Multi Threading Rendering" which I hadn't enabled before.. but even with that option disabled, nothing changed to a better state. I just wanted to add that I'm playing Battlefield 3, too- which is an extremely demanding game both for hardware and internet speed.. and this game just runs PERFECTLY!

Edited by MediumRange

Since the last two-three hotfixes, I have been having lag issues that seem to be entirely unrelated to ping. even if I set my ping limit to 100ms and join others, I see people walking jerkily, sprinting on the spot before teleporting somewhere. I see their sentinels floating still in empty space, abandoned by their masters. I see enemies stacking on top of each other and they never shoot me unless I stand still for ten seconds. naturally, the enemies are also standing still, just taking the punishment.

The damage works as normal, which gives a suggestion that the ping of the mission is in fact good, for during bad lag damage does not register properly.

I have never had any problems like this of the sorts before. My ports are forwarded and my 8mbit connection is working just fine.

I am making a double post here to report that the last reinforcement patch with the Galatine fixed my lag issue that made ever non-hosted game lag.

I can now play the day again after two days of this being impossible.

If you are still having lag that seem unrelated to your good connection, even if your ping-limit is set to 100ms. Post here.

2997532724.png

Im having the same issues since 10.1.0 if im not mistaken.

I dont think my connection is the issue here, but either way i ran some tests, and my connection is flawless, 0% packet loss etc.

I cant play with my clanmates anymore since the lag is unbearable, and 90% of the public games are bad too.

Every time i ask during pub games if people is having probs, most say that it lags for them aswell, either if im hosting or another person.

I've been playing solo most of the time now, but its not fun playing alone all the time.

I hope this will get fixed soon.

Im having the same issues since 10.1.0 if im not mistaken.

I dont think my connection is the issue here, but either way i ran some tests, and my connection is flawless, 0% packet loss etc.

I cant play with my clanmates anymore since the lag is unbearable, and 90% of the public games are bad too.

Every time i ask during pub games if people is having probs, most say that it lags for them aswell, either if im hosting or another person.

I've been playing solo most of the time now, but its not fun playing alone all the time.

I hope this will get fixed soon.

Pretty much this. First I thought it's something with my ISP, but everything else works the same as always. Unfortunately 90% of games I play now are basically unplayable and when I host everyone else is lagging. I believe it started around 10.0.1.

It isn't fixed at all, not with the latest update out so far. I even tried reducing my graphic settings (which should be ridiculous as I'm running a i7 3770 and 2 GB AMD 7870, Win 8 x64), setting the game mode to 64 bit, en-/disabling the experimental "Multi-Threaded Rendering", but this didn't change anything, as expected.

Edited by MediumRange

• 2 weeks later...

I prematurely gave up on support after the first thing they wanted me me do was update to a beta nVidia driver. I failed to see how video could be related to S#&$ty network performance. I could play all day long as solo and loved this game but with the increasing amount of team type events and an inability to participate I'm done.. Now, I'm off playing Battlefield 4 Beta and replaying Borderlands 2 (with NO LAG or Dissapearing/unresponsive team mates i might add). Maybe if DE gets off their asses and fix the issue I'll be back. Good luck guys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...