The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe hard-locking my computer with solid colored screens

DiscRover

So recently, Warframe has been hard-locking my computer at seemingly random moments where my monitors flicker and one becomes a solid color, the other, black. I've experienced this same phenomenon during The War Within and The Sacrifice story quests but those were at specific moments e.g (When your character sees themselves in the big mirror in the big ice map). I've managed to remedy those particular issues by messing with my settings but now it is at complete random. I can be running the game for 3 hours, log off, come back on later and 20m in, the hard-lock occurs.

There is nothing wrong with my system because I'm able to run a much more intensive game such as Tekken 7 for hours on end with no problems whatsoever.

I also want to point out that prior to the "War Within" story quest, my Warframe client has never experienced these crashes ever and these random hard-locks have only started happening since the other night which seems to be from the latest hotfix 23.1.2 as far as I remember.

What's going on?

nVidia drivers: 397.31

I have since updated to the 398.36 but I haven't really tested them just yet

PS - These hard-locks also don't even show up in the Event viewer. The story quest hard-locks at least did as an "Event id 14 nvlddmkm cannot be found etc etc"

Edited by DiscRover