Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rescue Turning Capture (like cap sometimes goes extermi)

JJArcuis

So it's a simple enough idea, like capture sometimes turns into extermination, imagine the rescue target decides to explodingly teleport to another part of the map because it has been freed already from the jail cell. This would cause some damage to allies and turn the rescue mission, into a capture all of a sudden.

This could have other fluxes of different missions, too.

Say you're doing a mobile defense, but the last terminal turns out to be too difficult to hack and needs to be transported to ship. That would make mob def turn into a hijack.

Another could be spy turning capture, where you gain data from a successful hack and it "change of plans" you (possibly at last hack spot) to capture a high value target. Or could have an impromptu assassination, as if Sargeras Ruk is visiting another spot and shows up to make it a twist.

Something to possibly consider. Thanks for reading.

Capture, Mobile Defense, and Sabotage already (randomly) turn into Exterminate, though personally I've only seen it a handful of times. Spy also turns into an Exterminate if you trip the vault alarms too many times. Having the rescue target turn into a capture target would make no sense given the circumstances (like who turns against their rescuers?).

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Apollyon VII said:

Having the rescue target turn into a capture target would make no sense given the circumstances (like who turns against their rescuers?).

Maybe it was a trap? There was nobody to rescue to begin with, instead we are met with a bomb or something once we open the cell. After that we are told to go capture whoever fooled us.

No thanks, I actually want to do the one thing I set out to do. I always give a big sigh each time one of my fast capture missions just slaps me and tells me to do something I didn't choose to do. If I want extermination, I'll do an extermination mission.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-07-28 at 11:33 AM, (XB1)Apollyon VII said:

Capture, Mobile Defense, and Sabotage already (randomly) turn into Exterminate, though personally I've only seen it a handful of times. Spy also turns into an Exterminate if you trip the vault alarms too many times. Having the rescue target turn into a capture target would make no sense given the circumstances (like who turns against their rescuers?).

well, i mean it could be someone being rescued and realizing that freedom is within reach, but would do better not to be caught by tenno. It would be someone that's on a moral instability with the tenno kind. Say... Nef Anyo or someone like that.

On 2018-07-28 at 11:54 AM, AlphaPHENIX said:

Maybe it was a trap? There was nobody to rescue to begin with, instead we are met with a bomb or something once we open the cell. After that we are told to go capture whoever fooled us.

nice thinking