The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie slowly becoming trivial

angias

Am 12.8.2018 um 17:56 schrieb angias:

The more i see replies in this thread the more i think we need damage 3.0

Endgame is meaningless with infinite Power.

thats true, but i dont think damage 3.0 will make us much weaker. itll just shift the meta a bit, and ideally enable more build diversity.

Oh Gosh here we go again.  You sound like you would make a modest proposal for why children would taste good.  Also as you read, notice how many things you made up about what I said.  Honestly I don't know why I'm wasting my time with you, but here goes:

On 2018-08-10 at 4:39 PM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

1) You do not have access to DE's profits/losses, nor their budget.  You cannot specify what they make, nor where they can or should allocate their financial resources.  You also falsely assume that "top-tier players", however you define those, make up the "top half" of the playerbase.  Based on what concrete info?

DE has stated this before, specifically the fact that veterans trend towards far fewer market transactions, and the theory that this is because they have easier means through trading.  I'm not digging through 2 years of posts to find it for you though.  I also never said anywhere that top tier players represent the top half of the player base.  Are you sure you didn't confuse someone else's statements as my own?

2) Path of Exile is nothing like Warframe's business model.  At all.  I wear a shirt.  Dwayne Johnson also wears shirts.  Does that make me a body builder? No. (and you picked apart MY argument?)

First off, the comparison I made went beyond the business model.  I specifically stated their both dungeon crawl / action titles.  And that's not to say the business models aren't already somewhat similar, they're both FTP titles with item mall transactions (So your Dwayne analogy is dumb anyway).  Furthermore, the point of the statement I made was that DE could take pointers.  Which also implies I already identified the two systems were different.  Apparently I need to feed this to you in a spoon.

3) You are, for some reason, assuming that just because content does not currently exist that meets your standards for "difficult", that DE is not currently making it?  DE has clearly announced Fortuna, bigger bosses, Railjack, new cinematic quests, and more.  Where in those plans did they appear to be ignoring the requests for more content?
Just because I'm cooking a turkey in the oven, it doesn't mean I'm not aware that you're hungry NOW.  It means that I don't have a friggin' time machine and you just have to be patient. it

They've announced a lot of the years, content such as the ones you name above, that pan out to be more content aligned with generally the same difficulty as most anything else.  When I see it I will believe it.  No one put the onus on you to build a time machine either.

4) Finally, you cannot objectively state what one would perceive as "rewarding" or "challenging" gameplay in Warframe.  What is "fun" to you is boring or annoying to another.
I, for one, love Archwing, love long Survivals (when time allows it), and really enjoy Sorties, Acolytes, Eidolons, etc.  In MY "perspective", DE has not disappointed me, even a little bit.  My opinions are as valid as anyone elses, but you state your opinions as if they are simply "the way things are", which is incredibly misleading and quite frankly dishonest.

You try to rebute my arguments just to confirm them for me.  It's exactly what I said and in previous posts to this thread, there are many of us who want more challenging gameplay that is also rewarding, and many of us who are satisfied with the existing system.  I clarified that already.  And that's the point, not everyone thinks like you.  There are those of us who want more of something a little different.  All the things you listed are easy, from my perspective, and some other's as well.  I never said my views represented the entire community.  More examples of your apparent confusion.

I find just hanging out in the Dojo very "rewarding".  I don't get mod drops for doing so.  I don't make a ton of plat from it...and yet I still enjoy it, because hey...go figure, some of us actually find the reward for playing the game to be, ya know...PLAYING THE GAME.

Fantastic, glad you find loitering in the Dojo to be rewarding.  Not all of us do.  This was useful information how?

But if you need trophies for everything to give you a reason to play, maybe pick up some new titles, or start a new account.  Warframe has been increasingly successful for over 5 years now....I see no reason to believe they don't know what they're doing.

Trophies?  You mean items or achievements?  Hate to break it to you, but most of the game already revolves around item drops and equipment.  Your argument could be used to justify not having any sort of reward at all.  And they know what they're doing, but they could be doing it "better" in terms of what a lot of people still want to see with Warframe.  I'm not making any of this stuff up, there are those of us that exist with these opinions.  You seem to want to squelch this.

I cannot stand by and watch people rip a developer to shreds and claim it is "too profit-focused" when that developer has made their entire career off of the FREE-EST F2P title there has ever been!   Come on, for pete's sake!

I didn't rip any developers to shreds.  Also wasn't it you a few comments back that defended their profit focus?  But what do I know?