Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat double resourc buff doesn't proc

(PSN)snkhuong

I'm currently in a kuva flood. The last kuva cloud is stuck in a wall so I'm waiting for the affinity buff to kick in.

It's been 45 minnutes. Yes I've been wasting 45 min of my life just to prove that there's something unusual about kavat proc, EVERY other buff has proc at least 7 times,  but not a single affinity proc. 

This makes me thing that DE definitely  has something in place to prevent affinity buff from procing in kuva flood (not everytime but once in a while). One thing for certain is the chance of affinity buff is much lower than other buffs.

I know not just me but some people use the tactic of waiting for the proc to kick in before the last cloud, so I can tell you right now that it's a waste of time... 

3 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

or....it's just RNG. don't quote me saying 45m, that doesn't change anything

while that maybe the case....its still REALLY low...for it to not proc AT ALL within 45 minutes is just messed up.

imo, the fact that the Charm has only a 27% chance to activate every 28 seconds is just insulting as it is with the amount of possible buffs it has anyways.

4 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

or....it's just RNG. don't quote me saying 45m, that doesn't change anything

I kind of expected response like this.

Charm has 6 buffs - if all other buffs have proc at least 5 times without a single affinity buff - it can only mean that the affinity buff has lower chance than the other buffs. 

If they all have equal probability of procing (100/6 %) then I had to be incredibily unlucky to not get a single affinity buff. The chance of that happening over the course of 45 min is stupidly low it's next to impossible. Hence it's most likely that affinity has lower proc chance the other buff. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)snkhuong said:

I kind of expected response like this.

Charm has 6 buffs - if all other buffs have proc at least 5 times without a single affinity buff - it can only mean that the affinity buff has lower chance than the other buffs. 

If they all have equal probability of procing (100/6 %) then I had to be incredibily unlucky to not get a single affinity buff. The chance of that happening over the course of 45 min is stupidly low it's next to impossible. Hence it's most likely that affinity has lower proc chance the other buff. 

Dude, you can do math all you want, people having been claiming the same thing as you for other stuff and doing precise math....it still doesn’t change the fact that it’s all RNG, and what’s to say that this low possibility didn’t just happen to hit you? 

Also I doubt you’ve been staring at the screen every few sec checking for the buff, if you were then it’s just sad 

35 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

while that maybe the case....its still REALLY low...for it to not proc AT ALL within 45 minutes is just messed up.

imo, the fact that the Charm has only a 27% chance to activate every 28 seconds is just insulting as it is with the amount of possible buffs it has anyways.

Nobody said RNG isn’t messed up....and for buffs as strong as these it’s understand the activation is so bad, or do we want to have 30 sec of orange crit and 120 sec of double xp/resources more often now? 

Sonrobe suggested we break up the buffs and distribute them to the other pets to buff them up, which isn’t a bad idea tbh