Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Saryn build

Gravehearts

Question

So i finally managed to build saryn and wanted to see the hype about this room clearing frame and im not disappointed but i got a question to either how im playing her or building her.

I looked over a few guides and most seem to go for a long range build for spore or strength build for miasma.

Id like to try a spore build since it seems easier to clear in bigger areas without having to chase the enemies but i never seem to be able to build the spores very high because they seem to fall off pretty quicky. The range build i see usually have extremely low duration could that be why the spore dont last long and not able to build up.

Should i try to keep range up as high as i can and keep the other stats all above 100%. Any ideas for a basic build would be appreciated. Hopefully with a little survivability.

The build i had so far was 28 dur/130 eff/235 range/130 str

4 answers to this question

Yeah a duration that low will absolute kill your spores, they need a little time to tick damage and strip armor, and also give you the opportunity to spread them. Not to mention Toxic Lash is amazing for spreading spores but with that low of a duration you'd basically be spamming it just to keep it up. 

This build is a good one to start working with, high survival as long as you're smart and stay mobile, clears out massive areas easily, all in all a solid setup. And Energy Siphon IS the winner here for an aura, don't bother with Corrosive Projection as spores will strip armor for you quickly and you need your energy.

I personally use a slightly different version of this utilizing the mods from Sacrifice, if you haven't done that and don't want to spoil anything then don't check out the build, but if you're up to speed then feel free to check it out. It's an absolute monster of a setup, solos all kinds of intense content with ease. 

This is it, and perhaps the funniest thing about this setup is that it only requires 4 forma on a fresh Saryn Prime where the first build requires 3 forma, so it's not as massive of an investment as it originally looks like. The problem of course is that it uses different forma from the normal build, so if you start with the first then eventually transition to the second it takes a few more (think my Saryn has 7 on her? Maybe 8 from experimenting). 

Beyond the build, some basic tips are:

- CAST spores only when you absolutely need to, casting it reduces your stacked damage so you want to spread them not cast them whenever possible. 

- Use Toxic Lash, like all the time. It works on guns now and not just melee weapons like previously, so if you use something like Ignis/Ignis Wraith you can spray huge areas with damage and force your spores to spread far and wide. 

- Be mobile, don't be afraid to get close and use melee when you need to, but know how to stick and move and never stay in one position for longer than you have to. You're tough but you're no tank, so don't act like it, take a hit if you have to, but then get away and make them regret it. 

- Use your molt, it gives a speed boost for escaping trouble, provides a target to draw fire away from you, and it explodes and deals a guaranteed damage proc to surrounding enemies. It's a great ability despite what some detractors claim, and you can find some pretty clever ways to use it and massively increase your survival potential.

- Bring a melee with high range, good speed, and use Healing Return - I suggest a polearm like the Cassowar or a Zaw purpose built for this frame. Life Strike is a workable alternative, but it requires switching weapons and using your energy to channel...not the best option for Saryn. Healing Return can be utilized from quick melee strikes without removing your primary/secondary and with your forced procs spreading all over it heals plenty if you sweep it through a nice big group. 

- Feel free to use Miasma to finish off large groups. Once your spores are spreading and stacking, if a big group of enemies moves toward you never be afraid to just burn them down with a Miasma shot or two, just be mindful of the energy expenditure and keep yourself topped up with Zenurik/pizzas. 

Edited by Lannen

4x Forma

Corrosive Projection - Cunning Drift

Stretch - Augur Reach - Streamline - Vitality

Overextended - Primed Continuity - Transient Fortitude - Intensify

Arcane Energize - Guardian

This setup works for me. I know others use Regenerative Molt but since I use this mainly in ESO. I'm not too fussed.

Thanks for all the info. The only thing im curious about your second build is the steel charge. Is weapon damage more important later on or was it suppose to be energy siphon that was suppose to go there?

I will prob give your first build a try for now since i dont have umbral mods yet. only thing i might change is the cunning drift to power drift so power str is above 100%. 235% range should be enough to start with. But the 2nd build looks fun. just hope getting the umbral mods arent crazy hard

Just now, Gravehearts said:

Thanks for all the info. The only thing im curious about your second build is the steel charge. Is weapon damage more important later on or was it suppose to be energy siphon that was suppose to go there?

I will prob give your first build a try for now since i dont have umbral mods yet. only thing i might change is the cunning drift to power drift so power str is above 100%. 235% range should be enough to start with. But the 2nd build looks fun. just hope getting the umbral mods arent crazy hard

Steel Charge is there because it has to be in order to fit all of the Umbral mods at max rank, it gives 4 more capacity than other auras and you need every point you can squeeze out to make it work. You could theoretically under-rank Overextended and Continuity to fit in Energy Siphon instead but I feel like it hurts your stats too much to warrant the extra energy, by that late in the game pizzas are cheap and easy to pump out so I just always bring some to fix energy when I need it and use Steel Charge to maximize the rest of the build. The choice there is up to you but for obviously-biased reasons I suggest my setup. 

Swapping Cunning for Power is a definite option, I don't do it because spreading the spores further is more important IMO. If you keep spores stacking your damage bonus far exceeds what a little more strength would and with a high enough stack strength because even less important because the damage just becomes ridiculous. So you can eventually reach a point when strength stops adding to your output but range will continue to help at all times, so for that reason I use Cunning Drift. Also, in the Umbral setup Umbral Intensify takes you well past 100% power so you can really cut loose and use Cunning Drift to maximize range.