Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10 Can Wait - Focus On Mission Connection Issues

0Pinger

What is more important, Region chat full of players not able to use matchmaking, making new players shy away from the game or more content.  The core of any online game is being able to join a server/host, if we can't do that then we start to complain.

Matchmaking does not work for 99% of the time for this event.  Void anything, can't be invited or invite.

So on behalf of the 7% which sounds better than 210 thousand players doesn't it DE's legal dept., fix connectivity as a priority.  its that or do you want bad PR, 210k players word of mouth to friends saying this game is S#&$ as they can't join any hosts.

Get the basics working then add to it.

All I  wanted out of this event was the shotgun mods. And because of this bug I haven't gotten a single one. And this isn't the first time this issue has happened with the whole "cannot join session" bs. I have missed a lot in the past few weeks of playing this game because of connection issues. Iam done. If this doesn't get fix, and quickly. I will not continue to play this game. If I wanted to deal with the stress of worrying if me or my team-mates are gonna stay connected, I would just play league of legends. NO. Iam done with this crap. Fix it, or start losing players.

Where did you get 7%/210k players from? Matchmaking really must suck since I normally only see a handful of squads throughout the system. I know there's solo etc but surely not that many...

DE don't go without mentioning 3 million accounts on any PR and the last live stream they said the current figure getting strictnat is 7%.  So as the Americans say do the math

DE don't go without mentioning 3 million accounts on any PR and the last live stream they said the current figure getting strictnat is 7%.  So as the Americans say do the math

Doubtful, I think the actual number of active players is much lower than that which is pretty usual for F2P games. 7% of active players should be a lot less than 210K players.

However, this is an ongoing issue than they are doing what they can do to solve it. The team that responsible for content is different team though. Just like the weapon team keep pushing new stuff out without waiting for weapon damage overhaul.   

Introducing new content shouldn't have any effect on fixing content issues - there's probably two different teams doing those tasks (or there should be). It really doesn't matter what content they introduce - it has no impact whatsoever on connection - which is something they can continue to work out no matter what else they do.

Introducing new content shouldn't have any effect on fixing content issues - there's probably two different teams doing those tasks (or there should be). It really doesn't matter what content they introduce - it has no impact whatsoever on connection - which is something they can continue to work out no matter what else they do.

In the perfect world , your statement might be true.

But imagine a new weapon which uses a new network function. Lets say that weapon doesnt "really" work, that new network function can then cause a huge impact on everything else.

If left unchecked, that bug will stay and no doubt be added to when a new weapon comes out.

The Vauban and its Vortex was added a month+ ago, yet, it can still crash the game or disconnect players.

Sayn Venom, over 1000+ onscreen DPS readouts, with the above = guaranteed bad time.

This is basic stuff, really is, but it seems content/money comes 1st with DE.

The game needs fixing on a basic core level. Adding content requires extra programming time for setting up SFX/animation sequences/shaders etc etc. Time that the programmer could be using to "fix the game".

Dedicated servers is the only way this game can go to truly resolve network issues.

The PS4 version which has been "thrown into our faces" has it, why not the players who have actually funded the development of this game?

But hey, at least we can help the devs by buying forma for everything! Talk about a slap in the face.

Edited by Fourdee

Doubtful, I think the actual number of active players is much lower than that which is pretty usual for F2P games. 7% of active players should be a lot less than 210K players.

However, this is an ongoing issue than they are doing what they can do to solve it. The team that responsible for content is different team though. Just like the weapon team keep pushing new stuff out without waiting for weapon damage overhaul.   

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/15/digital-extremes-celebrates-3-million-warframe-space-ninjas/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/15/ninja-bots-are-big-warframe-is-surprisingly-huge/

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/warframe/news/warframe_celebrates_3_million_users_with_update_9.html

But the new missions and items aren't the only big news from the launch; Digital Extremes also announced that Warframe has amassed over three million users since hitting open beta in March.
Edited by 0Pinger

3 million active accounts/users =/= 3 million active players

It peaked at like 12k concurrents on Steam today. You're looking at an active playerbase of <500k.

Edited by 101blubb