Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slightly Disappointed

PaperHat

Upon seeing the 'new' Phobos tileset, I was immensely thankful for the change in scenery. I loved the largeness of each tile, and the openness of a few of them.

That is, until I got to play Grineer Defense.

The single defense tile that was added really grinds my gears. I'm not saying I hate it (I actually really love it), but it's not quite what I was expecting.

This thread's going to make me look like an ingrate, but I could foresee some improvement with the defense nodes in mind.

The biggest question I pondered is: Why is there only one tile for the two defense nodes that are available? I was hoping for some variety, but instead got the single 'sand wrack' tile.

With a huge desert planet, I was hoping for the -first- wide-open tile with Grineer coming in from every direction. I was hoping for a tile that would encourage long-rage firefights, unlike every tile we have so far. The large corpus 'courtyard' does not encourage long-rage combat, due to the fact the cryo spawns near multi-levelled platforms or a large hallway-like bridge. the Grineer cave does not encourage sniping, as you're forced to continually run in circles to defend it, preventing you from simply turning around and sniping them.

I was hoping we'd finally get a mission where we would be encouraged to whip out one of the four in-game snipers and do some work, but I was disappointed.

A suggestion I'd like to make is to have a massive crater with the cryo sunk into the sand at an angle in the epicenter, with Grineer spawning from every direction. That crater would be massive, but we would defend a cryopod, rather than an Orikin reactor. There would be sparse cover, but enough to where the Grineer could either engage in long-rage firefights or attempt a 'zerg rush' in large packs.

Thoughts/ideas on wide-open defense missions?

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated, as well as any added ideas.

Edited by PaperHat

I also support this idea, I kinda hope for tileset where the fights feel more like Serious Sam games open wide with tons of infested coming at you or whatever mobs is in that tileset, no bunckers no tunels, just pure open fighter under the sky ...