Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Glaring Problem In The "no Nerfs, Only Buffs" Ideology Curently Circulating.

Solaurus

-Snip-

Exactly.

Changing fire rates, magazine size, damage, projectile speed etc can only go so far. Those sorts of changes are going to get unbelievably stale very, very soon. To me, they already are stale.

Having new weapons look cool will not last forever.

Secondary fire rates would be amazing.

Time for me to create a thread on that...

Can't be bothered at the moment.

I'll get to it another time.

Edited by Nugget_

Exactly.

Changing fire rates, magazine size, damage, projectile speed etc can only go so far. Those sorts of changes are going to get unbelievably stale very, very soon. To me, they already are stale.

Having new weapons look cool will not last forever.

Secondary fire rates would be amazing.

Time for me to create a thread on that...

Alternate fire will further diversify weapon class and add a lot more horizontal progression to the game. Recently, I have been dabbling with Firefall and, surprisingly, class-specific weapons with alternate fire are a big factor that make each class feels different from one another.

Take an example of Accord HMG that fire fast with short falloff range and pretty wild spread. Alternate fire just creates a shield in front of the Dreadnaught and protect him from damage in order to get close to the target.

Or Recluse BioCrossbow that fire long range projectile on LMB and AoE projectile with medium range on alternate fire.

While this addition may not help with overall game balance, it will help alleviate the point&shoot syndrome in Warframe.

I think you are looking at numbers when features is the issue.

Make acrid do X less damage, sure sounds like a good nerf.

Remove a Warframe power and replace it with junk so that Nova, Vauban or other frame haters are happy is nerfing in a stupid manner.  Nerf all the gear into the ground so we have only sticks and stones for all i care, but removing features/powers rather than implementing others that work is stupid and wateful.