Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Abilities: "action Skills."

SpiderWaifu

This is a little idea for all the Warframe powers that don't pull their weight, or just aren't worth using power, but are still nice to have around.

For now, let's use Embers Fireball, and Frosts Iceline thingy as examples. They're nice powers to have, and a good addition to the frame, but they just aren't worth the power cost.

My proposition: Make them Action Skills.

They're almost like passives, in the way that they don't cost anything, they're relatively weak, and are preformed by a certain mundane combo.

They'd have a cool down [30-60seconds], and their effective damage would be reduced, and not able to be upgraded. [Last one is debatable.]

Let's say for the Ember, while ADS, you can quickly double tap [or something] with your primary weapon to launch a fireball forward with the gun.

Frost could preform a airial melee-slam to create the Iceline forward from the melee weapon.

Discuss the idea as a whole, debate the current ideas, or add more ideas for Action Skills.

Please no arguments of ~It would take too much of the devs time meh meh, more important things~

This is a little idea for all the Warframe powers that don't pull their weight, or just aren't worth using power, but are still nice to have around.

For now, let's use Embers Fireball, and Frosts Iceline thingy as examples. They're nice powers to have, and a good addition to the frame, but they just aren't worth the power cost.

My proposition: Make them Action Skills.

They're almost like passives, in the way that they don't cost anything, they're relatively weak, and are preformed by a certain mundane combo.

They'd have a cool down [30-60seconds], and their effective damage would be reduced, and not able to be upgraded. [Last one is debatable.]

Let's say for the Ember, while ADS, you can quickly double tap [or something] with your primary weapon to launch a fireball forward with the gun.

Frost could preform a airial melee-slam to create the Iceline forward from the melee weapon.

Discuss the idea as a whole, debate the current ideas, or add more ideas for Action Skills.

Please no arguments of ~It would take too much of the devs time meh meh, more important things~

frankly i'd like if DE adds a different "skill" mechanics besides just pressing a button and watch something fly....maybe even press skill then left click to aim a spot to shoot is different. Maybe a skill, lets say fireball for example, could be press the skill once to shoot once, then press same skill again to shoot another but at lower damage.

Anything to make the skills more "engaging" is always a good thing

Character-specific combos? Yes please >_> I love combos so much. It'd would add a lot of character and make the individual warframes more unique. At the moment, I feel like the warframes are too similar to each other and I feel it could be much more interesting to change warframes if we had something like this implemented for every warframe.

A plain fireball throw seems boring though. How about blasting yourself with the fireball to send yourself flying towards the enemy. It'd probably would look less ridiculous in practice. As for the controls, hold the melee button while slide dashing. Having more utility would be preferred over just another damage skill and she does need close proximity to use her powers so it seems fitting to her style.

Edited by Liacu

i would suggest a charge system...

the first upgrade allow you too use your skill uncharged and without using any energy

dowside is that the effect duration, power range, atk damage are just crazily weak...

at the other side you ll be able to use it in combo from a brand new moove (only uncharged can be linked)

each skill will have her own tree allowing ppl to upgrade them as they want depending theire own fighting style

each upgrade lvl coresponding at 5energy unit and 5ms time charge...

in game you ll have to charge in order to release the full power of your basiks skills

the ultimate will have a fixed charge time of 30ms or so

iF your frame is 30% health or lower, you ll goes in OverCharge mode

you ll be able to use your ultimate skill instantly (at the cost of your full energy bar no matter how big it is)

and the other skill will take half time to be launched

--------------------------------------------------------

Take this

Put a slow energy regeneration system (like twice the actual artifact)

change the energy regeneration artifact to regeneration Boost and we are good to go

Edited by Tsoe