The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low fps in squads

KidDarkrai

This usually happens in missions that have a lot of enemies that spawn in or when players use frames that have abilities that take up the whole screen like nidus for example. When I play solo i get around 100-80 fps but when I go into squads i get around 60-40 fps.

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50GHz

RAM: 8gb 

GPU: Rx470

Fixes and help is always appreciated, thank you for your time.

9 hours ago, foterCZ said:

Alot of people have this issue. It seems DE gave up on it.

There are more particle effects and more enemies spawning in groups. Also the host of a session is also the server for the 3 others. I don't really think it's a bug... Just lower your settings.

Edited by striker890

44 minutes ago, striker890 said:

There are more particle effects and more enemies spawning in groups. Also the host of a session is also the server for the 3 others. I don't really think it's a bug... Just lower your settings.

Im not stupid I know that. Problem is my PC should be able to handle it, and there are many other people with specs that should handle the game. If DE cant make their game run properly on high-end computers, then there is a problem. Also I tried the LOWEST specs, which changes absolutely nothing, thats the issue here. Look up some of the other threads. 

7 hours ago, striker890 said:

i've already tried running it on low and by looking at my specs i should be able to run the game no problem but it just dips to 50-40fps

7 hours ago, KidDarkrai said:

i've already tried running it on low and by looking at my specs i should be able to run the game no problem but it just dips to 50-40fps

Your processor is pretty slow compared to recent models. It has 20% the single core performance of a recent ryzen processor...

i have this problem started today, i bought a brand new gaming laptop and palyed 60fps on the highest graphics possible in the game (could do more fps but i get screen tearing).

anyways the point is my fps dropped from 60 to 20 ! nothing happened since the last time i logged in yesterday and not even 12hours passed, wth. 

DE as much i love you and the game, its very sad to hear alot of people have this issue and no fix...

btw i bought a new pc just so i could play my favourite game on 60fps...

Could you try enabling VSR in your Radeon Control panel OP? I decided to see whether increasing the GPU load on Warframe by upping the resolution would help with better framerates and more stable frametimes, and it worked out surprisingly well. On a 2560x1080 ultrawide with a GTX 1080, on POE with heavy gun fights, with no resolution upscaling my FPS averaged 90 and would often dip to the 30s when many explosions and enemies were on screen. I repeated the same mission with upscaling and the same location, and I got a consistent 110-120 FPS and no dips lower than 100.

8 hours ago, striker890 said:

Your processor is pretty slow compared to recent models. It has 20% the single core performance of a recent ryzen processor...

that's compared to recent models. My system smashes the system requirements which means i should be able to run the game no problem

2 hours ago, Trixx- said:

Could you try enabling VSR in your Radeon Control panel OP? I decided to see whether increasing the GPU load on Warframe by upping the resolution would help with better framerates and more stable frametimes, and it worked out surprisingly well. On a 2560x1080 ultrawide with a GTX 1080, on POE with heavy gun fights, with no resolution upscaling my FPS averaged 90 and would often dip to the 30s when many explosions and enemies were on screen. I repeated the same mission with upscaling and the same location, and I got a consistent 110-120 FPS and no dips lower than 100.

just enable it or change it to a different resolution. I play on 1080p