Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this Rhino Prime Build Optimal for the Index?

Naztalgic_

Question

Hello! After looking up multiple Index builds for Rhino, I could not help but find small things that were wrong with them. For example, they would have Flow for Rhino(normally the carrier) who would only be picking up an Energy Orb to put on Iron Skin. He does not need Flow when his Energy will constantly be draining from Financial Stress. I came up with this build and I would like feedback on it please since I have NOT actually made this yet. This is my goal I am working towards and would like to save Forma if this is not optimal for a new player to make. Thank you very much for the feedback!

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_2400243030_5-6-5-6-3-5-19-1-10-34-8-5-58-9-5-411-4-10-472-7-0-544-5-5-726-0-5-860-2-5_726-8-19-7-860-7-6-11-411-8-544-6-5-5-472-6-34-14-58-9_0/en/1-0-23/0

The Mods and why:

Corrosive Projection: Most of the enemies have armor in the Index and it makes killing them faster.

Energy Conversion: You HAVE to pick up an Energy Orb that spawns at set points on the map to use your abilities. This will always be active for Iron Skin.
Enemy Sense: Gives you the direction the enemy is facing and how many so you do not go guns blazing on a three versus one and potentially lose your team the match.

(This has saved me more than I can remember)

Transient Fortitude: Gives you a lot of Power Strength for no actual loss in The Index since Iron Skin is the ability you will be using 99% of the time.

Augur Secrets: Flat Power Strength with no downsides

Intensify: Flat Power Strength with no downsides

Steel Fiber: Gives more Armor to increase the Iron Skin Multipler

Armored Agility: Gives more Armor to increase the Iron Skin Multipler and Sprint Speed to help going back and forth on the map quicker.

Streamline: Makes Iron Skin cost 35 which is useful since whenever I pick up an Energy Orb it takes one to two seconds to let me actually use Iron Skin and that could mean life or death.
                   (May be my own issue)

Iron Sharpnel: Lets you cast Iron Skin even if it is still active. Very useful when you only have 20%< left on it.

Mods not used:

Vitality: Since Iron Skin uses the base HP of your Warframe I found this not useful after six or more gems since your HP would be so low.

(Please correct me if Financial Stress Debuff does not affect the base)

Blind Rage: Would make Iron Skin cost too much even with Fleeting Expertise with the issue I have about Iron Skin taking one to two seconds to cast after an Energy Orb pick up.

Umbral Set: Do not have the Endo for such an invesment since I am still relatively new to the game.

Edited by Naztalgic_

10 answers to this question

Ya it's good. You can potentially optimize your build further by adding Blind Rage instead of Intensify and Fleeting Expertise instead of Streamline, since the only thing you care about as Rhino is having as much Iron Skin as possible for carrying the points. You could also add Primed Flow or something else entirely instead of Streamline, as long as you just make sure you have enough maximum energy pool to cast Iron Skin. Any time your Iron Skin gets lowish you can just go to one of the energy orb spawners and fill up on energy while you burst and recast Iron Skin, so reducing its cost doesn't really matter. You'll be full on energy any time you need to cast it if you play right.

26 minutes ago, Get_Singed said:

Ya it's good. You can potentially optimize your build further by adding Blind Rage instead of Intensify and Fleeting Expertise instead of Streamline, since the only thing you care about as Rhino is having as much Iron Skin as possible for carrying the points. You could also add Primed Flow or something else entirely instead of Streamline, as long as you just make sure you have enough maximum energy pool to cast Iron Skin. Any time your Iron Skin gets lowish you can just go to one of the energy orb spawners and fill up on energy while you burst and recast Iron Skin, so reducing its cost doesn't really matter. You'll be full on energy any time you need to cast it if you play right.

Not sure if it's my issue or what, but Iron skin takes one to two seconds to cast after I picked up an Energy Orb. With a max  Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise my Iron Skin should cost 47.5 meaning by the time I can cast Iron Skin with my delay I would not have enough energy to do so.

What's the point of Flow as the carrier? Financial Stress Debuff drains your energy the more Gems you're carrying make it pretty much useless since you'll be at zero Energy until you pick up an orb to recast Iron Skin.

Edited by Naztalgic_

1 minute ago, Naztalgic_ said:

Not sure if it's my issue or what, but Iron skin takes one to two seconds to cast after I picked up an Energy Orb.

What's the point of Flow as the carrier? Financial Stress Debuff drains your energy the more Gems you're carrying make it pretty much useless since you'll be at zero Energy until you pick up an orb to recast Iron Skin.

The only reason to add Flow or Streamline would be in case Blind Rage causes the energy cost of Iron Skin to exceed the maximum possible base energy pool for Rhino. I doubt it would but it's possible, just don't know off the top of my head. No other reason than that really.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

It's an alright build though it wouldn't matter much if the enemy doesn't survive long enough to kill you, and killing has rarely been a issue for my trusty Arca plasmor 🙂

As someone without the access to Arca Plasmor yet, I find that Corinth does the job nicely. This "In yo face" version that bypasses shields has served me well for a carry Rhino with plenty of kills on the way. The gun itself is also my main squeeze as primary. I recommend for anyone without the access to a built-up Dojo.

qQWveIB.jpg

I use this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_2400243030_2-0-10-6-3-5-19-1-10-34-8-5-55-6-5-411-4-10-472-7-0-544-5-5-615-9-5-860-2-5_2-15-19-7-860-7-6-11-411-8-544-6-55-6-472-6-34-14-615-9_0/en/1-0-23/

I melee everything and if I need to shoot something down I kill with the Ignis. 

The build is made for running with 0 energy. No roar. If you get an energy orb you recast iron skin. This is because there is a bug which happens pretty often: If you take more than 20 coins (like 30-40) and cash them in, the game doesnt register that you have 0 coins later and still sucks your energy dry at the same rate.

I did run the whole time a 130% effiency rhino but this killed me several times because of that bug, I switched streamline for fleeting and since than no problems in the 1 sec window where I have enough energy to recast iron skin. 

And yeah, it makes sense to bank more than 20 coins.

Typing this it makes me wonder if vitality is useless. Need to run tests.

Edited by Fiewel