The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe Packet Loss On High-Speed Connection

GravesTheOutlaw

I recently acquired a 100 Mb Internet connection and tried to play Warframe on it.  The result was terrible packet loss, so bad the game was unplayable.

85585504.png

85575707.png

I can run anything else perfectly fine without any problems.  League of Legends runs fine, Steam games run fine, World of Tanks runs fine.  I can stream and watch Youtube without any problems.

85585867.png

However, the moment I turn on Warframe I get packet loss so bad I can't even load websites while playing.

Yes, I've already sent a support ticket.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

Well...

I would suggest manually forwarding the 2 ports Warframe automatically sets in your router. If the problem only persists while in Warframe (while it's running) than it's possible some kind of conflict, no matter how rare, is happening when the game reprograms your router. If you go into warframe, turn off UPNP and manually go into your router and set the ports yourself... (and restarting Warframe, running it as Administrator of course) then you should know if it's the UPNP system.

Also, if you could, remove your router entirely and just directly connect to your cable modem. I too run on 100.

Use a proper ping test not a speed test site, which never are accurate.

e.g.

startbar/run type: CMD and in the window that opens pathping IPadress then wait 3 mins and that will show exactly where the loss is

Pingplotter if you dont want to mess with dos commands

Once you found out which hop it is happening on, then can you figure out if its who ever provides your connection or something else.

I typed in pathping *IP address* and got this:
39jOsWL.png

I'm not sure what to make of this or where to go from there.  I apologize, I'm not exactly educated on networking.

On another note, I disabled UPnP.  It seems to be fixing the problem at the moment, though I hesitate to call the solution resolved until I try again tomorrow when Internet traffic will be heavier.

I tried to enable UPnP again ingame and immediately got horrible lag.  Ran a pingtest and got 19% packet loss.  Turned it off midgame and the number immediately dropped to 1% and then 0%, spiking to 9% for at most a minute every once in a while (say, half an hour).  So I'm inferring that UPnP is the major culprit, or if not the cause to another major problem.  I have no clue why this should happen, though.