The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

High Memory Crash - Warframe using 5.4 GBs

Nekomian

Hi all, first post here so I'm going to try and be as concise as possible; recently, as of most recent update 23.3.1, my entire system has been crashing due to high RAM usage. In the Windows 10 system event logs, it shows Warframe at approximately 5.4 GBs of RAM, with Windows Explorer coming in 2nd place at 596 MBs. I followed the instructions in this subforum first to troubleshoot (as well as following basic troubleshooting of computer software and hardware I myself understand), and all updates seem to be present and no errors were detected in any stress tests, including hard disk checks, memory integrity checks, etc. The main reason this crash occurred, to my understanding, was that I recently forced the page file size to the "system recommended" number of 2 gigs, instead of the 12 gigs it was currently sitting at. This is because for whatever reason, Warframe consistently eats up 5+ gigs of RAM it seems, to the point where it just obliterates my physical memory and hoards the virtual space as well; this causes severe stutter and lag on my end due to constant page file swapping from a significantly slower disk rate (it's not SSD sadly), so I had attempted to lower it to a reasonable system value to lessen this impact on my performance.

I've also lowered Texture Memory in-game to "medium" from "large" in concurrency with this change, though I believe that is handled by the GPU's discretion. Either way, I'd like to see if anyone can help me resolve this issue and actually have decent gaming performance without sporadic crashes (just saying "duh buy more RAM" doesn't really answer why WF would be using this much in the first place), or in the case that this is a memory leak transfer that information to Digital Extremes. As per forum recommendation, I won't post any logs pertaining to Warframe here, but below I'll include all information I believe to be relevant.

Computer: http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo Desktops/ideacentre AIO 700 (24)/ideacentre_AIO_700_win484.pdf (Core i5-6400, GeForce GTX950A, UHD 4k display but game resolution is 1080p because well... it's not gonna render in 4k and go faster than 10fps, 7200rpm SSHD with the 8gbs of NAND flash memory that acts as additional support for frequently loaded information).

Error Log (Windows Event Viewer):HqEAu2r.png

Thanks for any and all replies, I'd really like to resolve this issue without any need to suffer through continuous ingame stutters every 20s or so, despite my GPU being able to get 70+fps on all high settings without any sort of excessive heating. If this topic should be moved elsewhere or someone has any other suggestions (besides to shorten my post... :/), please feel free to leave a comment!

Edited by Naroxas44
I can't math, changed the byte amount for explorer.exe to properly match the event error log :')