Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Shuts Down Randomly While Playing Warframe

FiOth

I've experienced the aforementioned situation around 5 times until now. My computer does not freeze, it simply shuts down without any warning, heating or otherwise, and I am forced to reboot, having to recalibrate my overclock and everything. I've tried having it off power for a few hours in case something was amiss with static, I'm running on a ups and the power supply is fine. Any software hickups of this nature I should be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. 

No, it doesn't happen with any other games or software and no, all hardware seems to be fine, I've run diagnostics on everything. If it was a workload failure it prolly would have happened when I was crash testing it with 3D Mark 11. I can't believe that after trying to find out why I was getting such horrendous fps drops for weeks I found a solution only to have to worry about random PC shut downs...

I've checked the temp using intel's CPU tester, passed with flying colors. GPU is brand new and has never produced any such problems, passed temp test as well. Nah, nothing of the sort. I've noticed that there are random people online who seem to be having the same problem but no answer was given.

I have EXACTLY the same problem, i do however know whats wrong. My PSU is giving up the ghost. For some reason it only is affected by Warframe. Got a new one ready to go in, just need the time to do it :)

I know it sounds odd, but it really is my Power supply that just shuts down.

Edited by Veemaxt

PSU was the first thing that crossed my mind but thing is, I've read that other people have been having the same problem, swapped their psus and pop! Nothing! Problem still there.

Could you please test it and post the results here?

Just run a diagnostic using FurMark, 1080p 8Xmsaa etc. The test would strain the GPU for 15', didn't get past 7'. Verdict? PSU prolly can't handle too much strain long term. It's dying. After Veemaxt tests his/her own, I might have to reconsider its replacement...

oh, yours dies on a Benchmark too, sounds deffo like the PSU is on its way. Does it get louder just before ditching out ?

BTW, Veemaxt = He :)

I am not sure if it get louder with all the gunfire dude, but it did die on benchmarking. So I suppose it's swap time. :(

Keep in mind that a GPU stress test by itself may not put significant load on the CPU or disks, and hence may not be as stressful on the power supply as a game can be. If you really want to torture the PSU you're going to have to load every component of the system to 100% simultaneously. Then check that the voltages are within the range required by the ATX standards.

I've experienced the aforementioned situation around 5 times until now. My computer does not freeze, it simply shuts down without any warning, heating or otherwise, and I am forced to reboot, having to recalibrate my overclock and everything. I've tried having it off power for a few hours in case something was amiss with static, I'm running on a ups and the power supply is fine. Any software hickups of this nature I should be aware of? Any help will be appreciated. 

1. Your PC is rebooting because of a unrecoverable error. It would provide a BSOD , but, you have it disabled.

2. Stop overclocking your PC, it obviously cant handle it.

3. A program will never cause your PC to reboot, unless it asks your permission.

Rule of thumb, if you dont know what your doing, dont do it.

Edited by Fourdee

Keep in mind that a GPU stress test by itself may not put significant load on the CPU or disks, and hence may not be as stressful on the power supply as a game can be. If you really want to torture the PSU you're going to have to load every component of the system to 100% simultaneously. Then check that the voltages are within the range required by the ATX standards.

This.

Few tests will test the whole system. Once you've verified they work independently, you need to start running tests in combination.

Please, keep the flame to a minimun people. 

Now moving onward to productive comments: The problem first appeared BEFORE any overclocking was done, but I considered it a sole incident and didn't pay much attention. After it happened again I started checking for the cause. 

Veemaxt please let me know what the results of the swap are mate.

Sure, as I say, am getting the PSU later this eveeneing then will give it a good raggin on Warframe and post in here.

I hope it cures it, it's getting embarrasing now people think im trolling and just dropping out for fun .... :(

MAJOR UPDATE: All above theories were false, at least in my case. Problem was due to 2 reasons: The CPU cooler had amased a layer of dust that had completely escaped my notice - after moving house 7 times in 10 years this has to be expeced of all devices - AND my GPU was placed too low in the box, deminishing openings for its own cooler. I moved it higher in the case, cleaned the CPU and now I am getting 60fps with AA and everything turned on and even Crysis 3 runs like a charm on high settings! This is on a PC that was put together in 2007, running on DDR2 RAM! Praise Primus! :D

PS. I am still very thankful towards all the people who tried to help. Live long and prosper guys! ^^