Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Great Game, But I Want To Play With Friends: Add Steamworks Community Support, Please!

FuuKuy

So I'm a STEAM user, ok? I have many games on Steam and all my gaming buddies are there. And you know what? I love Warframe, it's a very cool game. BUT here's the deal:

Some of my friends don't want to play Warframe because they need to create a new account. Yes, I know is very easy and fast to do, but they are sick of having so many different accounts (quake live, battlefield heroes, ghost recon online, minecraft, world of tanks, etc.)

And I get it... but anyway some of my gaming friends DO play Warframe, but even I have already added on my Steam friends list, I have to ask for their nicknames and add them again into the game. Kind of silly to add the same person twice, right?

You see my point? So here is my proposal. Similar to what many websites do, allow different login methods. I'll explain:

Like Spiral Knight have, do you know the game? You can download the game from the official website and you can use their own account system (or even facebook) BUT if you download the game from STEAM, you can use your own Steam account to login, no need to create a new account and no need to add your friends again.

It's a WIN-WIN!!

I mean, if the game is on STEAM, why don't use such STEAM features? If you want to embrace the STEAM community make it easier for players to engage with the game and their friends.
I can understand thismake no sense with games like Minecraft or World of Tanks, those games are not available on STEAM and they have their own communities outside VALVe's ecosystem, but Warframe game IS AVAILABLE on STEAM, I think is reasonable to ask for this feature.

I dream with being on Windows desktop and popup my STEAM friend list and if I see a friend playing Warframe, just right-click on his name and join the match. Easy as pie, as PayDay 2, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty or many other STEAM game do.

Is it too much to ask?

So I'm a STEAM user, ok? I have many games on Steam and all my gaming buddies are there. And you know what? I love Warframe, it's a very cool game. BUT here's the deal:

Some of my friends don't want to play Warframe because they need to create a new account. Yes, I know is very easy and fast to do, but they are sick of having so many different accounts (quake live, battlefield heroes, ghost recon online, minecraft, world of tanks, etc.)

And I get it... but anyway some of my gaming friends DO play Warframe, but even I have already added on my Steam friends list, I have to ask for their nicknames and add them again into the game. Kind of silly to add the same person twice, right?

You see my point? So here is my proposal. Similar to what many websites do, allow different login methods. I'll explain:

Like Spiral Knight have, do you know the game? You can download the game from the official website and you can use their own account system (or even facebook) BUT if you download the game from STEAM, you can use your own Steam account to login, no need to create a new account and no need to add your friends again.

It's a WIN-WIN!!

I mean, if the game is on STEAM, why don't use such STEAM features? If you want to embrace the STEAM community make it easier for players to engage with the game and their friends.

I can understand thismake no sense with games like Minecraft or World of Tanks, those games are not available on STEAM and they have their own communities outside VALVe's ecosystem, but Warframe game IS AVAILABLE on STEAM, I think is reasonable to ask for this feature.

I dream with being on Windows desktop and popup my STEAM friend list and if I see a friend playing Warframe, just right-click on his name and join the match. Easy as pie, as PayDay 2, Team Fortress 2, Call of Duty or many other STEAM game do.

Is it too much to ask?

Who knows. Its beta, so don't expect seeing this too soon.