Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee - More Inter-Activeness Needed?

Tri2killme

When you press E for melee and slice a group of grineer and repeatably press the E button does it get slightly repetitive? My thoughts exactly, now I don't know how this could be implemented but its just an idea to look at.

Combo trees, nothing to complicated just even an extra up and down combo would be enough to make melee more viable and fun to use and I think in my opinion it would put more focus on the ninja elements of warframe seeing as ninja use a variation of melee and range. Say a heavy is close to you and about to aoe you and your close by team-mates, up combo would be simply a launching mechanisim that is upgraded through stun mods that allows you to incapacitate the enemy probably long enough to get a few rounds into it and escape.

Down combo could be implemented as a sweeping motion for those annoying rollers that swamp you and your team-mates and could be upgraded through reach mods.

Those are just 2 of the things I could think of for situations but if you have any more idea's feel free to leave your comments and thoughts below, Thanks guys.

The devs have already said they do not want a combo system so I doubt it will happen. They did say something about being able to combine normal attacks and charge attacks like using them both in a combo but its not a combo not really sure how to explain it lol.

Edited by Archangelzz

I like melee where it is right now, though I wish we had a toggle melee mode, or some button that made us draw our weapon and take hold of it in a permanent (until you toggle off) melee stance for Infestation missions.

In <Lv40 infestation, I use 90% melee.

My finger gets TIRED of mashing the E key 500+ times. I'd like to have some sort of system where I can toggle melee and click instead of using my left pointer. I could re-bind the melee key, but then I'd just run into the same problem.

If an Ancient comes out that I need to shoot, I can tap the toggle key to pull my gun out and shoot it.

I like melee where it is right now, though I wish we had a toggle melee mode, or some button that made us draw our weapon and take hold of it in a permanent (until you toggle off) melee stance for Infestation missions.

In <Lv40 infestation, I use 90% melee.

My finger gets TIRED of mashing the E key 500+ times. I'd like to have some sort of system where I can toggle melee and click instead of using my left pointer. I could re-bind the melee key, but then I'd just run into the same problem.

If an Ancient comes out that I need to shoot, I can tap the toggle key to pull my gun out and shoot it.

If that style of melee came to mind then it could fit in a small combo aspect to the game, left click normal, right click could be used with a combo tree aspect like, L L R or L R (but most likely the right click would be used to block) 

If that style of melee came to mind then it could fit in a small combo aspect to the game, left click normal, right click could be used with a combo tree aspect like, L L R or L R (but most likely the right click would be used to block)

I wouldn't mind a simple two-button combo that was different for the weapons and had logical on-screen cues as to which button you should hit next, sure.

I wouldn't want to get into ultra-complex crap, though.

And Blocking... I really don't see Blocking as really being all that useful. IMO, just get rid of it. Nobody uses it, enemies don't melee often enough for it to really be that useful, and it'd be overpowered if we allowed it to work on everything, including enemy fire.

A simple right-click for 2nd attack and have a different attack pattern for each melee weapon would be great. Perhaps if you do the moves in the right order you reduce the attack speed by 50% if you successfully click the buttons in the right order and/or at the right time. Nothing TOO punishing for failing to do it right.

Could even make a system where smaller weapons are easier to do right than bigger weapons. Bigger weapons hit harder, but you have to time them right and the combination is slightly more complex, where smaller weapons have easy-to-master combinations but do less damage so they balance out.

Edited by Xylia

Smaller weapons being easier to do right, thats the opposite of most games as heavy weapons have slow speed and in logic are harder to swing around, where as short melee weapons are easier to swing and quicker making for more combinations.

Btw in the last livestream they said they would be buffing blocking, it reduces a small amount of damage from bullets and melee as it is so im not sure if it will totally block out damage from bullets and melee with a very high stamina reduction or what.

Smaller weapons being easier to do right, thats the opposite of most games as heavy weapons have slow speed and in logic are harder to swing around, where as short melee weapons are easier to swing and quicker making for more combinations.

Btw in the last livestream they said they would be buffing blocking, it reduces a small amount of damage from bullets and melee as it is so im not sure if it will totally block out damage from bullets and melee with a very high stamina reduction or what.

Well if you think about it another way... if we used a suggestion like successfully hitting the buttons right, adding 25% or 50% attack speed to a pair of daggers every other attack is nowhere near the amount of bonus you'd get by adding 25% or 50% to the next 2-3 attacks of a huge axe that does craptons of damage when it hits. To balance it out, you'd give it a slightly more complex string, maybe daggers would be RLRLRLRL while the Scindo might be something like RRLRLL or something like that.

And if you mess up, no biggie -- the whole thing starts from the beginning, but you lose that speed bonus.

Just some random ideas/musings.

*shrugs*

Edited by Xylia

Well if you think about it another way... if we used a suggestion like successfully hitting the buttons right, adding 25% or 50% attack speed to a pair of daggers every other attack is nowhere near the amount of bonus you'd get by adding 25% or 50% to the next 2-3 attacks of a huge axe that does craptons of damage when it hits. To balance it out, you'd give it a slightly more complex string, maybe daggers would be RLRLRLRL while the Scindo might be something like RRLRLL or something like that.

And if you mess up, no biggie -- the whole thing starts from the beginning, but you lose that speed bonus.

Just some random ideas/musings.

*shrugs*

Thats not a bad idea, I was thinking rather than percentages and boosts more of a situational combo, you know like one combo does damage at its normal rate of damage and one does sweeping damage to a group of enemies at a reduced rate you know?