Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Commando/soldier/technopath Warframe

Sev1107

Commando/Soldier (Technopath)

1. Hive: throws a "grenade" that releases microscopic robots (nanites) that disassemble enemies on a subatomic level.

2. Marksman: by making the nanites upgrade their weapons, for a short time, critical chance and critical damage are enhanced for the team (unsure of percentage, would only be affected by base crit chance and damage)

3. Mine field: Throws a grenade that detonates into multiple smaller radially triggered mines (no timer set [like null star], once used it’s gone).

4. Arial Barrage: Uses a jetpack to launch self into the air and starts firing rockets like the Hellion Grineer. Rockets seek closest enemies to initial target.

Possible Alternate abilities:

Shatter point: for a short time, every shot to the torso area will deal 300% damage, headshots deal 500% damage.

Recon: throws a grenade that releases a nanites that mark their hosts on radar and on the HUD (allies can see marked enemies through objects via HUD)

Alternate 4 ability: fires a barrage of missiles into the air that then rain down onto enemies from above.

Just something i've been adjusting gradually as the game has progressed. Thoughts, criticism (constructive only please and thank you :)  ), and...whatever else. Also not completely certain of 2nd ability, was just something i thought of that other frames didnt do and he needed a utility-type ability. Feel free to suggest alternative abilities.

Also, if someone would be so kind as to make some concept art for this, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: (saw this a long time ago and thought it looked a bit warframe-y-ish, although clearly not my own artwork since i suck at art, just thought it'd be a decent template for some kind of warframe: http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww151/sev07/CommandoTechnopath.jpg?t=1377643101)

EDIT V2: I should also probably add that this current one was originally meant more as a long range warframe: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/77434-snipermarksman-warframe/

Although it didnt seem to get much response from people...

Edited by Sev1107

It'd probably have some kind of minimum height requirement or he'd just hit the roof or something. Never really thought about it. Oooor, he could just pull what the Grineer Hellion do and say "eff the ceiling, im going through it". XD

Like the idea of a soldier warframe but id suggest thinking of another 4th power since DE said no jetpacks durring a livestream, would assume it would apply to powers. as well, other than that like the idea's for powers. 

PS. heres a 4th idea. maybe an artillery strike type skill. would be ground targeted so you could aim it around terrain and behind cover.

Yeah, i remember them saying no to jetpacks, was mainly hoping it applied more for movement as the 4th would only launch him into the air and then bring him back down, wouldnt be able to move around with it.

But thats a good idea for the 4th without a jetpack, ty. :)