Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tridolon Queues

Robert999220

There have been many times ill queue for a tridolon hunt only to be greeted with people who genuinely have never tried tridolons before, expecting to be carried, or just outright not geared enough. Now I understand that you need to learn somehow, and there IS the option to manually search out a crew in the recruit chat, however i feel like there should be some other option to this... I'll come out and say im not sure what the solution to this should be but i do have a suggestion. How about adding another queue that you can only select when you have 10-20 tridolon captures/kills, a form of an "experienced queue", this way if people still want to help the newer players they can by using the queue that everyone can click on, and the people who want to play with others who at least have a general sense of what to do and potentially run faster kills can rest at least a bit easier knowing that the people they are paired with SHOULD have an idea as to whats actually going on. 

I don't think it will work for two reasons:

1. The game can't tell when someone got carried or is carrying. In that case, there can't be any real indication to how experianced the players are. Sure, a player might have done 10 runs, but he might leeched them all.
    In short, there is no way to put skill into code.
  2. When I run with new eidolon hunters or leechers, the team tend to not function well. In my perspective so far, leechers are rare and I almost never see them, you can't progress this fight for long by leeching. You have to learn to fight to reach and defeat the Hydrolyst, not to mention farming efficiantly. With that being said, most chances you will group with a new eidolon hunter rather than a leech, and the best way for them and only way for them to learn is to dive in and hunt an eidolon.
    Now add your "experianced queue", people will look for experianced hunters and it leave the new hunters looking for either another new hunter like tham to join or someone kind enough to invite them into an experianced squad.
    In short, it limits what is availabe for new hunters and make them feel unwelcomed.

In the end, by having no restriction between skill level, those who have no skills can learn better and will get better. Having restrictions devide the community and the last thing we need is a toxic community because of skills. Warframe is known for having a welcoming community who like to help new players, no need to change it.

Цитата

There have been many times ill queue for a tridolon hunt only to be greeted with people who genuinely have never tried tridolons before, expecting to be carried, or just outright not geared enough.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed either. Recruiting channel exists for a reason. Everyone who can't complete it solo and can't be a part of functional group gather in pug mm. If you're neither, don't go in public matchmaking for Eidolon. Get a group.

Edited by -Temp0-

Im not suggesting that the game detect if someone is getting carried or not, or if they are leeching, just that adding some form of experienced queue while obviously not eliminating people like that (im not even sure if you can), it could potentially lower the chance of you getting paired with someone who is doing this. its not only leechers though, sometimes the people just genuinely arent prepared for a tridolon fight, and they dont even know it, especially if its their first or second try, and this is fine. Although having forced them to run through it 10+ times and before they are pairing up with people who are just wanting to run through kills quickly, in my eyes would at least give them the basic understanding of whats going on and where their gear level is at before getting in to the more "experienced" forms of the kills. 

Edited by Robert999220

9 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Not the sharpest tool in the shed either. Recruiting channel exist for a reason. Everyone who can't complete it solo and can't be a part of functional group gather in pug mm. If you're neither, don't go in public matchmaking for Eidolon. Get a group.

I just dont think that "manually finding a group" is or has to be the ONLY solution to this. especially when as far as warframe goes, this is probably one of the more skill/gear based fights the game has to offer, especially in regards to teamwork. Im not even saying this is the right move, just a suggestion. 

Только что, Robert999220 сказал:

I just dont think that "manually finding a group" is or has to be the ONLY solution to this. 

It is. Public q is for those who can't bother. With anything. Including gear or expirience. If you hop in there it's your problem that you got inexperienced and underpowered players.

Recruiting channel exists. All it takes from you is to write your "I'm x" and copypaste it to a host. Like "inv volt/chroma/harrow/trinity - x caps, x amp,x focus school, lf x caps". How hard is that? Write it down one time and copypaste. I started to play this game solo, play so/eso and sorties solo and try to play most events solo and yet I still group up for Eidolons and previously raids (I mean obviously but still). Why? Because public is 

Спойлер

Цитата

especially when as far as warframe goes, this is probably one of the more skill/gear based fights the game has to offer, especially in regards to teamwork.

Yep. And YOU hop in with randoms most of which have neither of those things hence why they're playing public - the most ineffective, inefficient and long way to do eidolons. Real smart.

13 minutes ago, Robert999220 said:

Im not suggesting that the game detect if someone is getting carried or not, or if they are leeching, just that adding some form of experienced queue while obviously not eliminating people like that (im not even sure if you can), it could potentially lower the chance of you getting paired with someone who is doing this. its not only leechers though, sometimes the people just genuinely arent prepared for a tridolon fight, and they dont even know it, especially if its their first or second try, and this is fine. Although having forced them to run through it 10+ times and before they are pairing up with people who are just wanting to run through kills quickly, in my eyes would at least give them the basic understanding of whats going on and where their gear level is at before getting in to the more "experienced" forms of the kills. 

But still, a leech can lie about his experiance. You can't stop a leech.

As far as "experiance queue, I think the easiest way is to just type in the recruiting chat "looking for experianced players". People are doing it and it solve the problems you mentioned. It also avoid limiting what a new player can and can't do.

2 минуты назад, FrostedMike сказал:

But still, a leech can lie about his experiance. You can't stop a leech.

As far as "experiance queue, I think the easiest way is to just type in the recruiting chat "looking for experianced players". People are doing it and it solve the problems you mentioned. It also avoid limiting what a new player can and can't do.

You can't lie as you can see how many captures someone did. If you bother to check his profile.

10 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

It is. Public q is for those who can't bother. With anything. Including gear or expirience. If you hop in there it's your problem that you got inexperienced and underpowered players.

Recruiting channel exists. All it takes from you is to write your "I'm x" and copypaste it to a host. Like "inv volt/chroma/harrow/trinity - x caps, x amp,x focus school, lf x caps". How hard is that? Write it down one time and copypaste. I started to play this game solo, play so/eso and sorties solo and try to play most events solo and yet I still group up for Eidolons and previously raids (I mean obviously but still). Why? Because public is 

Reveal hidden contents

Yep. And YOU hop in with randoms most of which have neither of those things hence why they're playing public - the most ineffective, inefficient and long way to do eidolons. Real smart.

Im not sure if you missed me saying it or not, but i really don't think it HAS to be the only way, just because "thats how it is" doesn't seem like a valid enough excuse to me. Things can always be improved. Again, not even sure if what im suggesting would be the right answer, but its just something to brainstorm to help make the overall experience better. 

Fracturing the queue won't make it better. It'll also make it worse as most people will just choose the highest "experience" count the game will let them. Not because they're competent or actually experienced, but because the label the game would have to give it would imply the run quality would be higher.

This isn't unlike other games with raid-style content. Most MMOs actually have almost no in-game tutorial for boss mechanics, and leave it to the users to deal with teaching. Honestly this is what surprises me the most about these threads- Warframe hasn't held any hands since the beginning of the game, to the point where even something as basic as the movement system isn't explained anywhere near as thoroughly as it needs to be. Just last night I had to tell an MR 5 and an MR 9 that they can do a roll while aim-gliding to get more distance/speed. Thus the confusion: Warframe lets the players do the basic tutorials, why is there a demand for advanced ones that traditionally across games have been handled by the playerbase?

As such, there's really only two options for ya:
A, use recruiting chat and inspect profiles
B, be the tutorial

If you wanna do B, I recommend you run Trinity, Zenurik or Unairu + pizzas, a Pencha or Shraksun scaffold, a Juttni or Anspatha brace, 100% magnetic immunity (Arcane Nullifier), and a Lanka w/ riven. Yes, the Lohrin brace is meta, but you're the sole reliable dps and you'll get more benefit from the decreased cycle time.

As an aside, Recruiting Chat typically only means they'll have a vague understanding of the meta. There's a reason I don't trust any Trinity other than myself (and ones my much more serious friend has himself vetted). There's also a reason I thank the lord I got a fixer-upper Lanka riven back when WW introduced the things. I cannot tell you how many runs I've out-damaged the Chroma, even before the changes to how his damage amp worked.

Just do a quick checkup when you join and leave group if necessary. Carry if you're in the mood or let them fail and die.

People don't want any change whatsoever to any matchmaking design since forever just because. Any problems with the community just gets swept under the rug, go solo and ignore it like everyone else.