The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera Or Torid?

fiki574

Question

Hi.

Just got my hands on those 2 BPs, but can't decide which to start first as I'll be missing some plastids if I build one or another weapon. 

So, what to build first and are they actually good choice? Dera or Torid?

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Hi.

Just got my hands on those 2 BPs, but can't decide which to start first as I'll be missing some plastids if I build one or another weapon. 

So, what to build first and are they actually good choice? Dera or Torid?

Thanks.

Dera needs quite a lot of formas to be quite the beast, even then it pales a little around 80 up for most factions, around 50 for grineer.

Torid is slightly better all around, it can work without formas, and creates a chokepoint really well...It also deals armor ignore damage so it's good from start to finish, only that it can kill you off if you aren't careful with it.

They're two different items anyway, Dera is something like a Braton, Torid is something all on its own.

And yes, Torid makes farming quite a charm, just make sure you don't poison yourself.

I would say dera, but its personal preference, or if youd rather have something you can use everywhere, i recommend saving for flux rifle

Resources are not the problem, mastery rank is. I miss only few mastery points for MR 4, so I decided to build one or both of the weapons.

Torid and go back with it to Eris for farming.

Alright, thanks for answer.

EDIT:

Building mutagen mass, and then torid. Thanks for your answers :)

Edited by fiki574

If you do a lot of defense missions, Torid all the way.

For other missions, Dera will be better.

I made my Dera before my Torid, I didn't regret it.  It's a fun weapon.  But I'm doing more defense now, so I'm using my Torid or Ogris (just finished building, so it's low level still).