Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Solved) FPS Problems in Borderless Fullscreen Only

ArcKnight9202

Edit2: I found a solution. For some reason, the DirectX 10 and 11 boxes became unchecked. Turning these back on completely corrected the problem! I'm not sure why that happened, but if you run into a similar problem, check for that.

I wanted to test Fullscreen mode to see if I could notice any performance improvements. After being satisfied with how it ran in Borderless, I switched back. However, upon returning to Borderless Fullscreen, the framerate takes a hit and the game is very choppy and has a lot of screen tearing. It's like the game can only muster 55-58fps in Borderless now. Before, it ran, more or less, fine at 60. It basically makes the game unplayable for me. Now, it only runs well in Fullscreen.

I didn't change anything other than that setting. I have no idea what would cause this problem. Disabling VSync doesn't change much at all. I never had problems having it on before.

I verified and optimized the game cache. I'm at a loss.

The latest drivers are installed.

Graphical settings are modest to ensure FPS is as stable as possible. This is a laptop, however, I have had no problems like this up until a few days ago.

Specs:

CPU: i7-6700 2.6ghz

GPU: GTX 960m

Ram: 8GB

Edit: I want to add that I have played around with the settings. Even maxing them out completely still runs roughly 60fps with Fullscreen . Switching to Borderless changes very little from how it performs with settings set to low/minimum. Getting around 55-58fps.

Edited by ArcKnight9202
Updating information.