The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farmer Guide To Understand [Drop Table 2.0 And Rng]

Sophista

Question

Hail Tenno.

Following post is not a guide how to get all the stuff YOU need.

Its feedback i can give, based on my own experience.

Feedback that, i hope, can make some of new players to understand that:

1- [Mod XXX /Resource YYY] is not dropping for me.It's bugged. I want it NOW!

No,

it is not bugged. Its just bad luck (RNG). Some players are looking for their multishoot mods for 100 hours of playtime.

Some of us, got it on first days.

Keep Farming, keep looking for it. making thread on forum that you still cant find your serration isn't going to make it drop faster.

1.1- I ran XXX assassination mission 10 times and still got 0 YYY Material. DE FIX IT!

No. You RAN it trough.

You should have farm it, and by that i mean:

Open all containers, all boxes, kill majority of enemies and collect all resource that dropped.

(resource will dissapear after time, so its wise to move together as a team, so evry1 have chance to get their share)

Why? Because you can get not 1, not 2 but sometimes 3 and more rare materials from single run.

Esp. on assassination missions.Where these rare materials have even bigger chance to drop.

Even running raid/sabotage/intel sometimes reward you with more than 1 rare piece.

Before you "flame-blahblah-low drop rates-blah blah" Go get friend or two, and go there Tenno, and clear assassination mission 3 times. Clear it like i advised. (thief's wit helps a lot!) each time after mission, pay attention to rewards, and see what and how many of materials you have acquired

2- Warframe Blueprints/Part blueprints/Void blueprints are not dropping. BUG!

No.

Its RNG. and I'm sorry you are being trolled by it.

However, some of us had to do over 100/150 runs to get rhino helmet.

Some just do 3 runs of raptor and they are getting all 3 nova parts.

its same like with mods.

Posting here that you did 20 runs and still no luck, is not going to help you.

Just run it again, and be patient young Tenno.

Good luck, (thus saying, im doing 120+ run for frost prime blueprint)

EDIT: Its Beta, BUGs happen. But before you call out bug, make sure you:

A) Searched forum, under section of BUGS.

B) Ran at least 100/150 assassination and no BP.

C) Check hotfix/patch release notes, usually all answers are there.

EDIT2: Thanks to Arthos, heres explaination whats hidden behind RNG.

http://en.wikipedia....mber_generation for the real RNG, and

http://en.wikipedia....umber_generator for the ones in computer softwares, including games.

Edited by PiotrGracz

21 answers to this question

Well said. Couldn't have done it any better myself.

Thanks, hopefully it will reduce amount of topics like "XXX not dropping?!"

And thus, give us more time and space for more constructive threads.

EDIT: Fixed Quote for You ;D

Edited by PiotrGracz

Nice thread.

In the past some BP and other types of drops were indeed bugged. Although now I believe that it is, for the most part, fixed.

Anyway I suggest letting people know about loot and time efficiency. An example would be to run Cyanth instead of Xini because of the much higher spawn rates. This will allow more chances for loot to drop as well as more chances for the same amount of time. It's also arguably better to do these types of missions rather than assassinations for rare resources.

Edited by Engelheim

Have my like, kind sir. +1

thanks! and Youre welcome.

Nice thread.

In the past some BP and other types of drops were indeed bugged. Although now I believe that it is, for the most part, fixed.

Anyway I suggest letting people know about loot and time efficiency. An example would be to run Cyanth instead of Xini because of the much higher spawn rates. This will allow more chances for loot to drop as well as more chances for the same amount of time. It's also arguably better to do these types of missions rather than assassinations for rare resources.

Yeah, about Bugs. ima edit 1st post with suggestion to SEARCH in forums under BUG section, before calling out a bug.

Thanks!

Hail Tenno.

Following post is not a guide how to get all the stuff YOU need.

Its feedback i can give, based on my own experience.

Feedback that, i hope, can make some of new players to understand that:

1- [Mod XXX /Resource YYY] is not dropping for me.It's bugged. I want it NOW!

No,

it is not bugged. Its just bad luck (RNG). Some players are looking for their multishoot mods for 100 hours of playtime.

Some of us, got it on first days.

Keep Farming, keep looking for it. making thread on forum that you still cant find your serration isn't going to make it drop faster.

1.1- I ran XXX assassination mission 10 times and still got 0 YYY Material. DE FIX IT!

No. You RAN it trough.

You should have farm it, and by that i mean:

Open all containers, all boxes, kill majority of enemies and collect all resource that dropped.

(resource will dissapear after time, so its wise to move together as a team, so evry1 have chance to get their share)

Why? Because you can get not 1, not 2 but sometimes 3 and more rare materials from single run.

Esp. on assassination missions.Where these rare materials have even bigger chance to drop.

Even running raid/sabotage/intel sometimes reward you with more than 1 rare piece.

Before you "flame-blahblah-low drop rates-blah blah" Go get friend or two, and go there Tenno, and clear assassination mission 3 times. Clear it like i advised. (thief's wit helps a lot!) each time after mission, pay attention to rewards, and see what and how many of materials you have acquired

2- Warframe Blueprints/Part blueprints/Void blueprints are not dropping. BUG!

No.

Its RNG. and I'm sorry you are being trolled by it.

However, some of us had to do over 100/150 runs to get rhino helmet.

Some just do 3 runs of raptor and they are getting all 3 nova parts.

its same like with mods.

Posting here that you did 20 runs and still no luck, is not going to help you.

Just run it again, and be patient young Tenno.

Good luck, (thus saying, im doing 120+ run for frost prime blueprint)

EDIT: Its Beta, BUGs happen. But before you call out bug, make sure you:

A) Searched forum, under section of BUGS.

C) Check hotfix/patch release notes, usually all answers are there.

So many words when you could have just write 4:

RNG deal with it

RNG deal with it

As i wrote, Its for new players, that are not very familiar with rng system.

Hopefully this thread will explain that RNG is like that. and basically, to deal with it.

RNG deal with it

But we're dealing with (mainly) newbs (and some stubborn regular players) here, so... You know why.

Edit: Ninja'd by OP. Welp.

Edited by Athros

Could've had an explanation about what IS RNG not just how it works. I'm sure not all new players will know.

Also, while I generally agree, something in your post made me think the system might be a bit TOO ridiculous.
This part:

I think the boss I had to run the most was Jackal for Rhino parts, and that was through the span of a week, so it wasn't so grindy, whenever I got bored of whatever I was doing, I'd go kill Jackal a couple times, killed Jackal around 30-40 times in the end.

But if there are people walking around with 100-150 boss kills being the norm for 0 blueprints, then the system is broken, no matter how much you try to defend it. RNG is mostly fine, but that kind of horrible grind is just ridiculous.

Could've had an explanation about what IS RNG not just how it works. I'm sure not all new players will know.

Also, while I generally agree, something in your post made me think the system might be a bit TOO ridiculous.

This part:

I think the boss I had to run the most was Jackal for Rhino parts, and that was through the span of a week, so it wasn't so grindy, whenever I got bored of whatever I was doing, I'd go kill Jackal a couple times, killed Jackal around 30-40 times in the end.

But if there are people walking around with 100-150 boss kills being the norm for 0 blueprints, then the system is broken, no matter how much you try to defend it. RNG is mostly fine, but that kind of horrible grind is just ridiculous.

yeh but his point wasnt really to help new players was it.....it was to be a smartass and say the same things I've heard a hundred times in this game......which are all totally inaccurate.  

when someone here can explain to me how a computer program randomly performs a task over and over.....then we can jump into the technicality of it.  

Edited by way2faded

when someone here can explain to me how a computer program randomly performs a task over and over.....then we can jump into the technicality of it.  

Since I'm in no way fully understand it, I can only give few links;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation for the real RNG, and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudo-random_number_generator for the ones in computer softwares, including games.

This part:

If you flip coin 150 times in a row. there is a chance, that you will get only tails. Its a small chance, but it is possible.

And thats 50/50.

Its not that common you know, to run 100-150 times and still miss the on part youre running for. but with 3m player base.

its quite possible.

point is, when youre that unlucky guy, dont name it BUG.

Edited by PiotrGracz

Came here expecting information on Drops 2.0.

Left disappointed.

TLDR: RNG is RNG

I just want to see the reordered drop tables to know what enemies I need to be killing to get the things I want.

Am I doing the right thing by doing Kappa runs looking for Serration/Gunslinger/Hornet Strike? WHO KNOWS!

These two. I can understand the frustration with casuals that motivated the OP to write this, but this thread is not designed as an assistance even to new players, much less to provide information to actual farmers on the 2.0 drop tables.