Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Vindect The Duelist

ensignvidiot

Vindect the Duelist

Lotus’ Blurb

This is Vindect. Proud, and highly skilled, he embodies all that is Tenno. Vindect has a variety of abilities that allow him to quickly engage and dispatch his adversaries. Vindect’s abilities all draw from the heart of Tenno Combat; the Skana. Each of his abilities draws upon his melee weapon to become more efficient, and more deadly.

Ictus, allows Vindect to quickly draw out his blade to strike an enemy, dealing quick damage based on his current weapon with a higher chance to critically hit.

Discipline, directly draws upon Vindect’s training, allowing him to become nearly untouchable as he approaches his opponents.

Vito quickly counters any attacker that thinks they can get the upper hand by quickly dodging behind his enemies, and delivering a quick and decisive strike.

A true testament to Tenno perfection; Radial Interficio quickly dispatches all but the most powerful of our foes leaving those left standing alone, and grievously wounded.

Stats at level 30

• HP 250
  • Shields 300
  • Energy 200
  • Armor 25
  • Sprint Speed 1.10
  • No aura polarity, one Offensive (V) and one utility (-) polarity.

Abilities

Quick Cut/Ictus (25 energy) – A blindingly fast slash aimed at catching opponents off guard.

Concept gifs

http://fireden.net/4chan/images.4chan.org//vg/src/1388197860640.gif

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120119144361/betterbleachfanfiction/images/6/63/Ryu_Iaido.gif

• Vindect will be able to use Ictus whenever, and however. Be it sprinting, sliding, jumping, walking, there is no instance where he will not be able to deliver pain to his enemies. The animation would be pretty straight forward like the gifs; the important note is that no gun can be fired until after the blade is sheathed. The actual attack hitbox would be what the current Long-Sword charge attack animation uses. This same swing pattern would be used for standing, running, sprinting, and jumping Iai blows. Sliding and kicking would use the current spin-attack hitbox.
  • Attack speed is comparable to a max Fury Orthos
  • Has a high chance to stagger
  • Base damage is split 50/50 between Slash and Puncture.
  • It is a quick attack that strikes up to 1/2/3/3 meters in front of Vindect which is upgradeable by range.
  • It deals 100/100/150/200 damage plus base modded melee weapon damage. This can be further upgraded by focus.
  • Has a base critical chance of 12/18/18/24 percent for a chance to deal 1.5x/1.75x/2.0/2.25x damage. The critical chance will STACK with melee critical chance. The CRITICAL DAMAGE will not. Neither stat can be boosted with mods.

Discipline (50 energy) – Vindect adopts a defensive posture, automatically blocking and reflecting all incoming blows.

Concept gifs

http://www.newgamernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Jetstream-Sam-GIF.gif

• Vindect will walk/run/ sprint at 80% his normal speed, but will automatically parry (without using stamina) all attacks directed at him. This ability can be used to rush groups of heavy ranged attackers without worry of damage. Discipline will function in the air, but not during flying kicks. It will also block on walls runs, but not wall attacks. It will not block during slides/spin-attacks. Attacking during Discipline’s duration will not cancel it, but will cause it not to activate.
  • Discipline will remain active for a total of 5/10/10 seconds which can be extended with duration mods
  • It will have a 3/6/9 percent chance to reflect projectiles and damage back at attackers, which can be upgraded with focus mods.
  • It will block all attacks within a 50/75/100 degree cone in front of Vindect. This is not upgradable.
  • Will not block area of effect attacks and abilities. Explosions, Grineer Radial Knockdowns, mine explosions, and Mr. Spookum’s Absorb/Slashdash will not be blocked by this ability.

Riposte/VIto (75 energy) – Punishes attackers with a brutal Counter-Attack, this can be used with Discipline.

Concept gifs

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7qin4EbG81rwuk4ko1_r1_500.gif

• This acts as a sort of “Reactive” teleport. After activation, the next instance of damage (or blocked damage) will cause Vindect to teleport to the offender (or the nearest hostile target if the offender is out of range) and slash at them. If there is duration remaining for the ability, Issen will activate again, and Vindect will counter another attack if another instance of damage occurs.
  • Attack Speed is comparable to a max Reflex Coil Orthos
  • Deals damage in accordance with equipped weapon’s damage type.
  • If the damage that would trigger Issen would kill Vindect, vindect will still perform Issen but will be reduced to 1 hp. Any further damage that would kill vindect will kill him at this time.
  • Issen counter window is open for 0.9/1.3/1.3/1.7 seconds after activation and is extendable with continuity
  • The teleport will be a max of 6/12/18/18 in-game meters extendable with range mods
  • And the attack will deal 1.25x/1.35x/1.45x/1.5x weapon’s Charge damage and will not be upgradeable with damage mods.

Execution/Interficio (100 energy) – Vindect draws out his blade and cuts down all around him, instantly slaying those who dare stand before him, and grievously wounding all those who survive.

• The attack animation is fast, much like a few bladestorm hits on an infested target. As such, there are 0 invincibility frames during ability activation, but Vindect will be completely immune to knock-down/push-back until he re-sheaths his blade.
  • The attack consists of 4/4/4/8 blindly fast blows that cover a 100 degree arc to the front, behind, and each side of Vindect.  High enough power duration can add 1 to 2 extra cuts at all levels.
  • Vindect will only cut Arcs with Enemies in them, he is a good enough swordsman not to intentionally swing in empty space.
  • This ability can be used in the air and while moving, but will halt Vindect until the animation is finished. If used in the air, he will fall slowly has he makes each of his attacks.
  • This hits all enemy’s with the attack arc, provided they are within half a meter (above or below) of the current level Vindect is standing on (or falling through).
  • Each Slice deals 250/500/700/700 damage split 50/50 between puncture and slash in addition to equipped weapon’s Charge damage. This is upgradable with damage mods.
  • Each Individual slice gets the equipped weapon's Charge Damage bonus added on.
  • This affects all enemies within a 6/10/16/16 meter radius, upgradable by ranged mods
  • Has a base critical chance of 12/18/18/24 percent, this Stacks with melee weapon critical chance.
  • On a critical hit, has a 4/8/12/16 percent chance to instantly kill any non-boss unit. Is non upgradable, and will not receive weapon bonuses.
  • Also on a critical hit, has a 20/20/25/30 percent chance to inflict both bleed and weaken. This stacks with weapon status chance, and can inflict any elemental status that is equipped.
  • Even though he is not invincible, Vindect refuses to die until after his blade is sheathed, upon which he will succumb to his wounds and be downed as normal.

Additional Ability Concepts

Radial Execution (X energy) – Vindect Does things and things DIE.

• Vindect will do stuff and it will be awesome

Indictment (X energy) – Vindect calls out to an opponent.

Form (X energy) – Vindect Does things and things happen.

Continuation (X energy) – Vindect Does things and things happen.

Trying to play upon something based on Vindex, which is the latin word for Champion/Adversary/Avenger.

I’ve always desired a front-line melee fighter, someone who can charge head-long into combat sword in hand, and come out (mostly) unscathed. I wanted to create what TvTropes calls a “Lightning Bruiser”. While he has energy, enemies will have a hard time trying to kill Vindect if his abilities are being utilized properly. Now, without that energy (or knocked to the ground) bullets will once again become a terrifying prospect to face with just a sword.

Vindect started as me trying to play upon something based on Vindex, which is the latin word for Champion/Adversary/Avenger. But first and formost, this frame is a duelist.

His frame places emphasis speed, agility, and precision over armor.
In my mind i think of a blend of this
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Drizzt-1-76400372
and this
http://korreon.deviantart.com/art/Br02-armor-breastplate-356787900

The key difference in this frame from every other from is his blade and his sheath which will always be present at all times on Vindect's Left Hip. Much like this old duelist here:
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/44/90/cc/4490cc1416730d71973eb665c4692e99.jpg
I cant seem to find a reference for the idea i have for the Sheathe. It would very rigid but not cover the full blade. It would only cover about 8 inches of the blade. Which is just enough to keep the blade from lopping of the Tenno's leg in a hilarious parkour accident, and to allow Vindect a place to put his hand as he uses his abilities.

Longswords would 'override' the default blade, but Vindect has his own sword.

It would be a blend of Tenno design and Old Earth aesthetics.
http://www.advanced-light.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Light-Rapier.jpg
While that is a blatant tribute to Starwars, the base idea is there. The fusion of the old and the new.

The central idea is that this frame is to be played up close and personal with enemies. While infested would seem like the ideal opponent, with Vindect’s speed and abilities, Corpus and Grineer and easily fall before his techniques. Tying in with the Duelist theme, Vindect would have little to no armor, instead relying on his abilities, his innate speed, and agility to survive in prolonged combat.

Animations for all of his abilities would use a ‘default’ longsword that is worn at the hip of the warframe. Equipping another melee weapon does not remove it, though equipping a longsword will replace his default for his ability animations. In addition, longswords will add a bonus 25% to all ability damage values. Other melee weapon values will still be calculated into his abilities, but only longswords get a bonus applied before Focus and other damage mods.

Feedback appreciated, more concept stuff to come.

EDIT: additional tweaks to current numbers. Added Latin-esque variants to current abilities. Removed Japanese references and names.

Edited by ensignvidiot

I was doodling around after seeing this. Here. 

Edit: For full effect, push your laptop monitor/crouch beneath your computer monitor for full effect.

HQ34d7T.png

The darker lines are my tablet's pressure sensitivity derping out >.>

There. Art.

Edited by EDeN153

Edit: For full effect, push your laptop monitor/crouch beneath your computer monitor for full effect.

HQ34d7T.png

The darker lines are my tablet's pressure sensitivity derping out >.>

There. Art.

hive mind, if that helmet is what I think it is, we think too alike

I my concept is a fusion of the old-school Knight-Templar (Cross-face helmet) with the Samurai. It would lack almost half of the normal bells and whistles and instead be quite minimalist (much like Mitsubishi from soul caliber), lacking the pauldrons, and instead only having wrist and shin guards.

Gah I need to get out of work so I can doodle this properly.

I am sorry, this doesn't work with my SPVA screen... And it does look like Samus suit fit for a cat.

At least it is no warframe with randomly shuffled already existing skills and HAVE YOU SEEN THAT CONCEPT ART SO AMAZING WE NEED THIS YAY AWESOME.

Edited by TheAnnoyingGunner

What's with the endless stream of japanese names?

More importantly tho, the 1.2 speed is a bit over the top, but otherwise a good design.

Latin, my friend. I kinda hate all of the Japanese-ish names too.

Speed makes sense, toned it down quite a bit. I wanted it high because his primary-defensive ability slows him down dramatically. It would make playing really difficult if he where already slow.

It's not necessarily awful, I've seen a lot worse. But in terms of fitting into Warframe...e.e

>_> i told you it would be terra-bad, but its cool. Im working on making it prettier, and ill be getting some help soon.

Latin, my friend. I kinda hate all of the Japanese-ish names too.

Speed makes sense, toned it down quite a bit. I wanted it high because his primary-defensive ability slows him down dramatically. It would make playing really difficult if he where already slow.

I'm just afraid a 1.2 frame that's got that much hp might just be built as a rusher of the most ridiculous proportions.

I'm just afraid a 1.2 frame that's got that much hp might just be built as a rusher of the most ridiculous proportions.

good point, swapped health with sheilds.

he wouldnt be a rush king like loki or ash, and he will fall over to a stiff breeze without his abilities.

For one, discipline only protects against attacks from the front, that crowd of deras that Vindect just flew past are going to make their umbrage known very quickly.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Changed names and influences from Japanese to Latin, The official theme of this warframe is that of a Duelist.

Added additional blurbs on his appearance.

Restructered the ultimate ability to be more inline with a duelist than a samurai. And hopefully be a bit more unique than most other Radial Abilities.

I'm laying the ground work to get a really awesome artist to create a reference image.

EDIT: just realized that changing the Ult from a 1 slash radial attack to a multi-hit one really skews the damage, i work on tweaking the numbers so it makes more sense

Edited by ensignvidiot