Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planetary Color Palettes.

DeMeritus

There's currently little differentiating the missions on various celestial bodies. Though in real life, they have different mineral compositions. Right now, there's no difference between a mission on Saturn, Earth, Mercury, Eris, or anyplace else besides Phobos.  Why not have the ship internals, planetary surfaces, and skyboxes use different color palettes that are unique to each planetary body?  Would just be a relatively simple color palette swap.

Different factions within the Corpus, Grineer, and infested could well have at least slightly different colorations in the level tiles, or in the enemies, based on the planetary body they're on. This would add visual distinction to each setting. In-game lore, it could be resulting from different trace minerals in the locally manufactured metals, plastics, etc from the local geochemical makeup.  And from different factions having different traditions in equipment coloration that developed over the centuries.  Or different chemicals in the food/creatures/rocks the infested or local fauna have consumed over the centuries.

Or worst case, just say a wizard/Orokin did it.

I don't understand why a ship orbiting around one planet would have a different colour pallet from another...

I think the only set that may benefit from such differences right now is Corpus Outpost set. (Random: I'm still wondering what that mysterious roar is...)

Something they could also do is to make different Grineer Asteroids aesthetics. I don't know about you, but the ice-level of the Asteroid looks awesome. I am constantly looking around at the frozen walls and such. The way it's desaturated is also a nice touch, compared to the weird cyan bloom you usually get in Galleon and Corpus Ships.