Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept(No Art Yet) - Boreas

Bit_

"Boreas was the Greek god of the cold north wind and the bringer of winter. His name meant "North Wind" or "Devouring One". Boreas is depicted as being very strong, with a violent temper to match. He was frequently shown as a winged old man with shaggy hair and beard, holding a conch shell and wearing a billowing cloak." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemoi#Boreas

Boreas (Warframe)

High Stamina and Speed(almost twice as much as loki), really fragile frame at 50 Shields, 75 Health, and 50 armor at lvl 1.

Has 200 power at lvl 1.

Air-Based

|| Abilities:

Breath
Pushes all enemies back within 4 meters. Stuns and does minimal damage. (opposite of Mag's "Pull") EDIT: the closer the enemy is to the blast, the more damage and pushing is done.

Whirlwind
Negates all damage exept for melee and disrupts stomps(the orange rings), and while active your guns do no damage. While active the player runs(and sprints) 20% faster.

Gust
Blasts back a single target, stunning and doing maximum damage.

Tempest(Ultimate)

Boosts all attacks with twice as much damage for 7 seconds(can be upgraded 5 times, which increases time and damage), including melee and bullet damage, projectiles go faster(50-75%) and do more damage. Because novashank liked the idea, the charged attacks knock back targets :)  EDIT: There should be lots of whoosh sounds and visual effects(speed tracers)

|| Asthetics:
Notus(helmet)
Eurus(helmet)
Zephyr(helmet)

(These can also be alternate names for the frame.)

Cape(exclusive to Boreas?)

Do you guys think it's balanced?

EDIT: I think the helmets should look like paragliding helmets(the ones that sweep back) and the body should look smooth.

EDIT: The helmet should not go down at the back, it should just look really aerodynamic.

Edited by Bit_

Nice concept.

Could do with some more stat info though, need some juicy details to give feedback on.

Oh, and a picture because no one seems to listen to you unless you have a fancy picture -_-

Like what?

Edited by Bit_

I do like your idea for the first ability better than the one I decided for certain. I feel equally satisfied with both our 2nd abilities in terms of close quarters combat, though I can't help but love the idea of hitting home-runs on everyone with Whiplash and I would hate to see that go XP. (Why is it so hard to not come up with redundant abilities for a wind-frame?) The name you chose definitely has a more intimidating significance, which is great; I'll change it on my own and give you credit because that seems like the more obvious choice to me. Either way, I hope we could agree with my ultimate unless you come up with one.

As for the stats, I know it's weird for, of all Warframes, a wind-based frame to have intermediate toughness/casting potential, but I based mine off Volt because he's a bit on the scrawny side himself. Maybe I could change the 50 armor to 10 armor to match that too... I just feel like there's already too many "caster" frames. Not to mention, being fragile wouldn't help a CQC Warframe for sure... I don't know, I guess we can leave the matter of stats up to the community if need be.

For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, this is my own idea for the wind-themed Warframe. Me and Bit_ figured we might as well collaborate here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/117495-close-quarters-wind-based-warframe-why-not-right/

Edited by Novashank

1st ability: I think your first ability is better because of the stun, which gives you a better chance to melee the enemies.

2nd ability: Whiplash doesn't increase the damage (without Focus on), it increases the range. Basically, this ability would be for dispersing a mob and still doing charge damage to them. I like your idea but it would be too redundant with the ult you thought of.

Ultimate: 30 feet... yeah good point, that is ridiculous, I didn't really think about the actual distance :P I'll change it to 5 meters. But 200% of walking speed isn't any faster than sprinting (consider that Ember can sprint with her ult). Even though I would personally only make this frame if it had my Whirlwind, I don't think we should throw out your idea. Maybe it could be a personal buff in the way that Ember and Rhino have theirs for their 2nd abilities. Your ult idea makes incredible sense as an ability for this Warframe, especially if you're using a weapon like the Ogrid or Acrid, but I don't think it's dramatic enough to be the ult. Also, I think if we used that ability, we could make it so that it decreases the spread for shotguns/assault rifles because it would be directed by the Turbulence (do you think that would be a good name for that ability?).

Maybe we could do your current ult idea (although that makes the frame less melee-based, it still would make sense) or your 2nd ability idea for the 2nd ability, then do either Whiplash (which means I'd have to tune down the range increase and knock-back) or the stun ability you created for the first, then either Suffocate or your third, then Whirlwind or whatever you can decide for the ult.

What do you think?

EDIT: I should've read your ult idea instead of inferring it from your post :P (I'm thinking you should rename it to Tempest)

Edited by Novashank

Ultimate: 30 feet... yeah good point, that is ridiculous, I didn't really think about the actual distance :P I'll change it to 5 meters.

1 Meter is equal to about 3 feet. 5 Meters is 15 feet, that's still pretty far, but now it's manageable.

But 200% of walking speed isn't any faster than sprinting (consider that Ember can sprint with her ult). Even though I would personally only make this frame if it had my Whirlwind, I don't think we should throw out your idea. Maybe it could be a personal buff in the way that Ember and Rhino have theirs for their 2nd abilities.

If you were just running around at the speed of sound trailing everyone behind you, that would be really cool. I think Nugget_'s idea for alt abilities would tie in really well(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102042-detailed-alternate-abilities-thread/). For example, you could choose to have the ability with that sucks in people or the ability that negates projectile and bullet damage.

• 3 weeks later...