Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Aura Slots

Vanquish003

I had the idea of a weapon mod slot similar to the aura slot for frames themselves. I tossed the idea around in DC chat a few times and got mostly good feedback and would like to finally make a post about it.

We all have mods that add intersting effects to weapons such as zoom or ammo mutation that allow the weapon to be used in different scenarios, creating versatility that said weapon wouldn't normally have. Such as allowing a better Snipe style gameplay with Lex or Vasto, or being able to use the Twin Viper Wraiths in a defense mission without running out of ammo in the first five waves. Even being able to do more stealth missions with suppress mods.

My idea would be to add a aura slot to weapons that allow us to use the mods without having to lose out on damage. As the biggest reason most people including me dont use these mods is the fact that we lose on out a lot of damage or that if we tried to fit these mods into a build it would ruin them for late game purposes.

This would change many of the mods we have to aura types creating more ways for each weapon to be used and it would also leave an open spot for DE to create even more mods. One of the Ideas given to em was the idea of putting ammo style mods into the spot that would make some guns have bouncing bullets or other types of ammo. Also some of the poeple i talked about this to were hoping for the ability to have more then one aura type slot so they could have ammo type and zoom or zoom and silence.

Important side Note: This slot would not add more points to the mod pool though. As this would create a confilct with the whole point of Formaing weapons and would make it less of a challenge to make your favorite guns endgame worthy as to not conflict with people who have put a lot of time perfecting one specific gun.

I am working on a picture to visually represnt this idea but my PS isnt working lol so i will need a little time.

I had the idea of a weapon mod slot similar to the aura slot for frames themselves. I tossed the idea around in DC chat a few times and got mostly good feedback and would like to finally make a post about it.

We all have mods that add intersting effects to weapons such as zoom or ammo mutation that allow the weapon to be used in different scenarios, creating versatility that said weapon wouldn't normally have. Such as allowing a better Snipe style gameplay with Lex or Vasto, or being able to use the Twin Viper Wraiths in a defense mission without running out of ammo in the first five waves. Even being able to do more stealth missions with suppress mods.

My idea would be to add a aura slot to weapons that allow us to use the mods without having to lose out on damage. As the biggest reason most people including me dont use these mods is the fact that we lose on out a lot of damage or that if we tried to fit these mods into a build it would ruin them for late game purposes.

This would change many of the mods we have to aura types creating more ways for each weapon to be used and it would also leave an open spot for DE to create even more mods. One of the Ideas given to em was the idea of putting ammo style mods into the spot that would make some guns have bouncing bullets or other types of ammo. Also some of the poeple i talked about this to were hoping for the ability to have more then one aura type slot so they could have ammo type and zoom or zoom and silence.

Important side Note: This slot would not add more points to the mod pool though. As this would create a confilct with the whole point of Formaing weapons and would make it less of a challenge to make your favorite guns endgame worthy as to not conflict with people who have put a lot of time perfecting one specific gun.

I am working on a picture to visually represnt this idea but my PS isnt working lol so i will need a little time.

With balance in mind, I personally cannot see more than a single Aura mod slot on a weapon working. It would simply break the game if you had (going with your example here) both zoom and silence, though would open up the game in this aspect given by the example for long range silenced combat to zany, unique, and fun experiences. For entertainment (and possibly hilarious) purposes, 7/10 stars. For balance, 4/10. Fix the balancing issues, and maybe DE will grace this thread. I wish you the best, good luck.

considering you thought about this for more than a couple minutes and don't want such a slot to give any extra points, and it would be only one slot - maybe, perhaps. 

maybe.

Warframes need this slot first though. Weapons can jolly well wait, with their drastically smaller Mod Pool and larger number of slots.