The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Slash Dash & Ice Wave Issues

CarryableYarn

I don't know if this is just me or not, but Slash Dash seems to have lost it's wide area. Lately I've only been able to hit enemies I directly run in to. Before it seemed as if anyone who was relatively near the dash's "aura" would also receive damage.

Another problem I've run into after acquiring Frost is with Ice Wave. It seems to be that if you are anywhere below or above an enemy at all, Ice Wave will do no damage to said enemy. As in, I could be standing on a small protrusion on the ground and no damage will be done.

I've had slash dash work it SOME matches that I have joined and was not host, but those were the rare matches where I didn't have any lag. But yeah, for the most part I've noticed that if there is even a speck of lag in a game, my slash dash's path will not do A THING. Only the enemies near my finishing position end up dead.

I'm using an Excalibur and I've noticed recently that now it only does damage at the last slash.

If it really is intended to be nerfed this way, this class is now pretty much useless.

It has average stats.

It has 2 non-offensive skills which are really situational.

It's last skill cost 100 power and can't be used often.

It's only skill of value just turned into a dash with a slash. It's difficult to guage how far you are going to dash since it is affected by continuity and level.

I might as well just sprint up to the target and do a charged melee which doesn't even cost any power and I'm guaranteed a hit on the target I want. I also wouldn't end up leaving my back exposed to a bunch of enemies I just dashed past.

I have experienced both issues, although I think the Slash Dash bug is much more irritating. At least Ice Wave still works as intended 85% of the time. Slash Dash is just an exercise in frustration for the most part; boiling down to me and my friends congratulating each other for getting more than 1 kill out of it.

I've noticed that when Saturday, April 13th rolled around games had become so much laggier.  Up until the patch on Friday, every game was fine for me and I had noticed my friends Slash Dashing through groups of enemies and multiples falling over.  Even Friday night was okay for lag.  But since that Saturday it's been impossible to play with anyone else and contribute in a meaningful way.  I really feel that there was a change to the amount of debug coding that went into networking, which has as a result ruined the multiplayer (for me).  I know it isn't me, because I've been able to play other games with under 100ms ping and full responsiveness (LoL, Alien Swarm, and L4D to name a few).

When I am the host it works most of the time but I have noticed a lot of issues with it just as everyone else has.  One of these issues is when I aim slash and dash directly at the enemy once I come into contact with the enemy it doesn't do damage it just goes around the person until the ability meets its maximum distance.

Morning fate,

I've been having issues where using a shotgun (not as the host, and in a 2 player game because that's the only way to get no lag issues for me) won't show all the damage packets.  It does have the full effect though.

Slash Dash still is not working for me. It will occasionally do damage to those at the end of the slash but that seems to only be about half the time, it also just goes right through all other while doing no damage.

Also along with the bug, slash dash has not been working for the mission challenges, It would not register for when you are supposed to use your power five times and it also would not count toward getting 3 kills in quick succession, even when it does kill the enemies at the end of the slash.

I think I have been playing excusively when I am not the host so i am not sure if the issues occur when I am hosting as well.

Slash dash works ABSOLUTLY perfect when im host.

When im not i can run directly into mobs and they even kinda of make me change my path because i dont go through them and yea it does no damage untill it slashes.

btw the skill is pretty useless if its gona stay like this, might as well name it quick escape or something...

Just played 2 matches as a Excalibur 2 minutes ago, only hitting enemies at the end of the power in the last slash, i even removed allmost all of my mods to see if any of em where affecting it. No dice. I just kept using my Ult for the 2 missions, 20 grineers lined up and i could only hit the ONE guy in the back.