Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another "help Me Shop Nvidia" Thread

GunDownGrace

Question

well its about that time of year again when me finances are abit more flexible...

i have 2 computers

one has an amd radeon hd 6670 which runs warframe with some lag (it gets very laggy on the infested corpus ship tileset)

the other has an amd radeon hd 6850 which in most cases runs warframe pretty smooth without much problem

but seeing as im guessing upgrades are due...

i need some help selecting a decent nvidia card

this is my basic requirements list:

powerful enough to run warframe at max with no problem is a plus,not a must

fits within my 500 watt power core range (though if i must i can upgrade it)

within the 100 to 150 usd range (mildly flexible but not by much)

exceeds the radeon hd 6850 in power

capable of running nvidia physx for warframe

im pretty bad with video card terminologys and names,which is why i need help locating a suitable card along these lines (i tryed several video card comparison lists but couldnt make heads or tails of them)

9 answers to this question

If your budget is around $300~350...

Get a GTX 970. It will future-proof your rig for many years to come.

I myself am eyeing this sucker for a small form factor build myself: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQUMGM0/

It's so tiny and POWERFUL. And only $340.

Only $340 he says >_>. But it will last pretty long, fair enough.

I recently got myself a GTX 760 for about 180 euro, which was a steal. Mainly power issues holding me back, and unfortunately it's slotted in a PCI express 2 slot, so it's a little throttled on the bandwidth. Unforeseen events have kept me from finishing my upgrade cycle for the coming time. So I'm stuck as is for now.

My advice: Save up for a bigger budget, unless you only want to replace the card in the one with trouble running WF. The card I got literately performs twice as well as my previous. And has a very decent performance VS cost ratio.

To that end, look up the card you want to replace on these sites (right now it has my card selected for illustrative purposes)

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+760/review

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+760

Both offer comparisons to other cards and different ratio's of cost/performance/etc

If you current card runs WF well, just use that as a base to select a better one.

Edited by Lynxh

Ok, I recently had this requirment list myself. I got the nvidia 660. Look on newegg. After around 2 or 3 months of searching, I came across a deal for a 660. 95$. normally they are AROUND 120-170, depending on were you buy from. My computer can handle the card, and all I have is a 350 Watt power supply.

Ok, I recently had this requirment list myself. I got the nvidia 660. Look on newegg. After around 2 or 3 months of searching, I came across a deal for a 660. 95$. normally they are AROUND 120-170, depending on were you buy from. My computer can handle the card, and all I have is a 350 Watt power supply.

just 660?no confusing symbolage beforehand?