Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Auras

nubnubbud

1cd9fa405e.png42c241930f.png3b3da87dfc.png

dbbe392849.pngebf41842d0.png73b75c8904.png

Or something like that.

these aren't my express ideas, just an example of how these mods can work with the lore.

I made these as a possible replacement for the T4 key syndicate store rotation, which I think is a brilliant idea to raise the value of ducats and primes.

also, if you want to design your own mods, use: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bkdp08638sgxog6/modtemplate.zip , I made it ^3^

Edited by nubnubbud

Remember that auras are team-wide. I would not want random PUG players to be nerfing my offense or defense, even if there was an equal benefit. I might already be choosing to go in light on defense while leveling a frame, for example.

It's a neat concept though. A good way for the team to feel the benefits of working with your faction. Taking a little bit of their philosophy with you.

Remember that auras are team-wide. I would not want random PUG players to be nerfing my offense or defense, even if there was an equal benefit. I might already be choosing to go in light on defense while leveling a frame, for example.

It's a neat concept though. A good way for the team to feel the benefits of working with your faction. Taking a little bit of their philosophy with you.

I thought about it, and thought hard.

you know what? maybe people will begin preferring to work with tenno from certain syndicates, and even shunning others. Sentiments like "no, red veil, you'll hurt us too!" would really add some depth to the game's roleplay aspect, and help you feel the syndicates.

however, in an extermination, mutually assured destruction helps, and in survival, deliberation would slow both the enemies and your side's damage, theoretically making you last 60% longer if the team has it. all of these synergize in some way.

Edited by nubnubbud

I thought about it, and thought hard.

you know what? maybe people will begin preferring to work with tenno from certain syndicates, and even shunning others. Sentiments like "no, red veil, you'll hurt us too!" would really add some depth to the game's roleplay aspect, and help you feel the syndicates.

however, in an extermination, mutually assured destruction helps, and in survival, deliberation would slow both the enemies and your side's damage, theoretically making you last 60% longer if the team has it. all of these synergize in some way.

I think that's interesting but without a matchmaking preference or option there's no real way of being able to avoidddd those players as you described (by the way Red Veil is beast don't hate XD). So I'm not sure if that's valid without implementing such a function. Additionally, if the auras were tradeable, then it doesn't matter who a player is affiliated with since they could run any syndicate's aura as long as they could obtain it via trade...

I gotta get to work but would you mind if I returned to this post sometime later and purposed some alternative effects as suggestions? :D I actually really like the idea of the syndicates having auras.

Cool idea, but things get tricky when youre dealing with auras since they affect the whole team.

If everyone runs with the Arbiter mod, missions may last a looong time. With the RV mod, missions may turn into Nightmare level difficulty. So much trolling against newbies will happen.

thank you~

I think that's interesting but without a matchmaking preference or option there's no real way of being able to avoidddd those players as you described (by the way Red Veil is beast don't hate XD). So I'm not sure if that's valid without implementing such a function. Additionally, if the auras were tradeable, then it doesn't matter who a player is affiliated with since they could run any syndicate's aura as long as they could obtain it via trade...

I gotta get to work but would you mind if I returned to this post sometime later and purposed some alternative effects as suggestions? :D I actually really like the idea of the syndicates having auras.

yeah, and if you get GIMP you can make your own with my template up there!

Cool idea, but things get tricky when youre dealing with auras since they affect the whole team.

If everyone runs with the Arbiter mod, missions may last a looong time. With the RV mod, missions may turn into Nightmare level difficulty. So much trolling against newbies will happen.

but that's what happens when you play with a red veil member, and the arbiters don't decide things quickly. the arbiter mod is almost exclusively made for interception and survival, it seems. either way, this will promote having friends and clan members in teams. you really don't know what you'll get otherwise. I did, however nerf the RV mod a bit, so if only one person has it, it won't be too noticeable...and I'd like it if the red veil were generally considered trolls. kinda how they are, lore-wise.

Edited by nubnubbud

but that's what happens when you play with a red veil member, and the arbiters don't decide things quickly. the arbiter mod is almost exclusively made for interception and survival, it seems. either way, this will promote having friends and clan members in teams. you really don't know what you'll get otherwise. I did, however nerf the RV mod a bit, so if only one person has it, it won't be too noticeable...and I'd like it if the red veil were generally considered trolls. kinda how they are, lore-wise.

How is Red Veil consider to be trolls in the lore? They seem more like extremist about getting rid of any sign of bad nature or corruption.

This sounds like a good idea though. The mods would probably need a bit more tweaking however.

How is Red Veil consider to be trolls in the lore? They seem more like extremist about getting rid of any sign of bad nature or corruption.

This sounds like a good idea though. The mods would probably need a bit more tweaking however.

probably, but the red veil isn't about just getting rid of corruption. to them, everything is corrupt, so everyone who they see as bad burns, and everyone who opposes them burns. it just sounds like anonymous to me, and I like to keep those guys at arms' length.

ALL OF MY YES!!!!!

Even though I'm detecting a bit of Anti-Veil bias from that Red Veil aura name >.>

I'll be honest, I have no clue what they're about, and that's a bit menacing, cause you know. fire. it's not the mod that's the idea. it's the concept of syndicate only mods.

I'll be honest, I have no clue what they're about, and that's a bit menacing, cause you know. fire. it's not the mod that's the idea. it's the concept of syndicate only mods.

Eh, I'm just bustin' your chops for comedic purpose anyway. I LOVE THIS IDEA! Give it to me and don't be gentle!

Well, it's certainly an interesting concept, I have no problem with the concept. That said I'll totally point out problems with the examples because I'm a jerk.

Why do they go up to 6 when they have 5 ranks? That's...not...great. Also, almost none of those numbers are divisible by 6! ...Because you'd also need to take into acount rank zero? So the numbers should be...12%, 12%, 12%...6% actually works although going up by 1% a rank seems weird...also having it be efficiency is...weirdly inefficient because that's the only stat that caps, 18% and 9%. Which means at max you could have 48% of the first 3 (Holy S#&$ that's...pretty crazy) 24% efficiency (Not...that great), 72% global damage reduction (HOLY S#&$) and a 36% accuracy penalty (That's good, but is lackluster compared to some of the others)

Again though, I think the concept is super neat and I'd love to see it happen.

Well, it's certainly an interesting concept, I have no problem with the concept. That said I'll totally point out problems with the examples because I'm a jerk.

Why do they go up to 6 when they have 5 ranks? That's...not...great. Also, almost none of those numbers are divisible by 6! ...Because you'd also need to take into acount rank zero? So the numbers should be...12%, 12%, 12%...6% actually works although going up by 1% a rank seems weird...also having it be efficiency is...weirdly inefficient because that's the only stat that caps, 18% and 9%. Which means at max you could have 48% of the first 3 (Holy S#&$ that's...pretty crazy) 24% efficiency (Not...that great), 72% global damage reduction (HOLY S#&$) and a 36% accuracy penalty (That's good, but is lackluster compared to some of the others)

Again though, I think the concept is super neat and I'd love to see it happen.

*shooshpaps* I derped and forgot to change the values accordingly.