Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework

(PSN)gatehacker00

For volts rework i think you should turn is ultimate into a drain to help make since of why he needs 850 power bar. My ideas would be for volt overload to become a kinda super form or super channel that changes his other abilities when on. For his first ability you could make it so the rang, arc range, and power are tripled or doubled (which ever is more balanced). The second ability speed could become a short range teleportation that lets volt teleport 10 or 20 meters in the direction your aiming and stun all enemies that are near him when he does. His electric shield ability could become a mobile dome that surrounds volt in a bubble that electrifies and reflects bullets and stops lasers. For his ultimate deactivation it could still work like an AOE where depending on how much energy you used it builds up and explodes out in a wave of energy. I was thinking that there could be a counter next to volt name on the HUD much like how equinox maim works.

For volts rework i think you should turn is ultimate into a drain to help make since of why he needs 850 power bar. My ideas would be for volt overload to become a kinda super form or super channel that changes his other abilities when on. For his first ability you could make it so the rang, arc range, and power are tripled or doubled (which ever is more balanced). The second ability speed could become a short range teleportation that lets volt teleport 10 or 20 meters in the direction your aiming and stun all enemies that are near him when he does. His electric shield ability could become a mobile dome that surrounds volt in a bubble that electrifies and reflects bullets and stops lasers. For his ultimate deactivation it could still work like an AOE where depending on how much energy you used it builds up and explodes out in a wave of energy. I was thinking that there could be a counter next to volt name on the HUD much like how equinox maim works.

you may want to check out my volt rework topic then:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/560678-iphone-20-a-volt-rework-suggestion/?hl=volt 

Making it so his ultimate changes his ability was the only thing i could think of that wouldn't mess with the them because I run 3 builds based on his speed, and overload augments.

Well I'm mostly saying that because of how everyone on the forum tries to totally change every single abilities and augment because one is not as powerful as another.

Your idea keeps the concept in mind but it also give you the option to either use twice as much energy to be more efficient on the battlefield or keep using your weapon while augmenting your survivabilty.

If I may ask about the bubble, is it a mobile shield based on strength with 100% Health or the same invincible shield that you are pretty much gonna keep spamming.

Since we're looking for more damage, I suppose most of the build will have strength mods on as well as efficiency and duration to keep both the toggle based and duration based ability up. Since the ability now include a damage counter like equinox, I suppose that having not too much range isn't a problem.

You're probably gonna release a very small wave of million damage, when you untoggle it, to clear the nearby enemies getting your maxed overshield (Augment) without possibly dying as soon as you come out of the power.

I don't think that range really affects volt abilities to help his teammates so that's not a problem either on most build :D

Well I'm mostly saying that because of how everyone on the forum tries to totally change every single abilities and augment because one is not as powerful as another.

Your idea keeps the concept in mind but it also give you the option to either use twice as much energy to be more efficient on the battlefield or keep using your weapon while augmenting your survivabilty.

If I may ask about the bubble, is it a mobile shield based on strength with 100% Health or the same invincible shield that you are pretty much gonna keep spamming.

Since we're looking for more damage, I suppose most of the build will have strength mods on as well as efficiency and duration to keep both the toggle based and duration based ability up. Since the ability now include a damage counter like equinox, I suppose that having not too much range isn't a problem.

You're probably gonna release a very small wave of million damage, when you untoggle it, to clear the nearby enemies getting your maxed overshield (Augment) without possibly dying as soon as you come out of the power.

I don't think that range really affects volt abilities to help his teammates so that's not a problem either on most build :D

For the bubble it is a mobile shield power strength affects how much damage it can reflect and how fast the fly back at the opponents. Duration extends the time opponents are stunned from the electrified rounds.

For the ultimate range is actually necessary because like how his overload works now its bad if the first tick kills only small group of enemies because you only get 7% of the damage form the first tick off of maybe 6 enemies vs 7% you could get off of multiple ticks from damn near every enemy on the map. On my volt build range build i have 224 power strength and 235 range. I can hit my overload once kill off most of the smaller enemies on the first and second tick and weaken and stun the bigger ones whiles instantly increasing my shields to 1650. Its not just how much damage you can do but also how many  enemies you hit. 7% of 6 enemies provides me with a weaker buff than 7% of 24. That being said i was thinking that the more damage you absorb while in your channeled for it could increase the blast radius as well by a certain percentage.

For the bubble it is a mobile shield power strength affects how much damage it can reflect and how fast the fly back at the opponents. Duration extends the time opponents are stunned from the electrified rounds.

For the ultimate range is actually necessary because like how his overload works now its bad if the first tick kills only small group of enemies because you only get 7% of the damage form the first tick off of maybe 6 enemies vs 7% you could get off of multiple ticks from damn near every enemy on the map. On my volt build range build i have 224 power strength and 235 range. I can hit my overload once kill off most of the smaller enemies on the first and second tick and weaken and stun the bigger ones whiles instantly increasing my shields to 1650. Its not just how much damage you can do but also how many  enemies you hit. 7% of 6 enemies provides me with a weaker buff than 7% of 24. That being said i was thinking that the more damage you absorb while in your channeled for it could increase the blast radius as well by a certain percentage.

Well considering that, you have an energy shield that will work on strength, you get a decent protection already. Overshield is a bonus to switch back inbetween normal and Overload mode.

You possibly wouldn't just trigger overload and unleash it with 0 damage right away. You're probably gonna wait til you reach a dangerous amount of energy let say 100... That give you 700 energy to deal a massive amount of damage to all the enemies in the room thus building up the damage counter.

I think I used to build up number to 200 000- 500 000 in barely a minute with equinox so it's not that bad. Now,  let take a number that is way lower than those one. Let say... 20 000 something that can be easily obtained if there's a few enemies in the room. Let say that you use the overload augment beside one single enemy with 20 000 damage stored. the 7% will fill you up with something like 1400-1500 shield... thus adding with your normal shield, reaching for the max capacity.

Building up for max range is an idea if you want to do AoE zone killing with overload but, you would have to decrease your strength and duration for that. ( I'm mostly thinking narrow minded and overextended stat decrease ) This will affect your damage, your overload mode efficiency and probably your capability to protect yourself in a given situation.

Well considering that, you have an energy shield that will work on strength, you get a decent protection already. Overshield is a bonus to switch back inbetween normal and Overload mode.

You possibly wouldn't just trigger overload and unleash it with 0 damage right away. You're probably gonna wait til you reach a dangerous amount of energy let say 100... That give you 700 energy to deal a massive amount of damage to all the enemies in the room thus building up the damage counter.

I think I used to build up number to 200 000- 500 000 in barely a minute with equinox so it's not that bad. Now, let take a number that is way lower than those one. Let say... 20 000 something that can be easily obtained if there's a few enemies in the room. Let say that you use the overload augment beside one single enemy with 20 000 damage stored. the 7% will fill you up with something like 1400-1500 shield... thus adding with your normal shield, reaching for the max capacity.

Building up for max range is an idea if you want to do AoE zone killing with overload but, you would have to decrease your strength and duration for that. ( I'm mostly thinking narrow minded and overextended stat decrease ) This will affect your damage, your overload mode efficiency and probably your capability to protect yourself in a given situation.

I wasnt going for killing everything in one blow because i would only get shields from the first tick. If i go for more range and a little less strength I'll hit everyone while still gaining a significant boost, however the bigger stronger enemies that survive will continue to shoot me again, so in short the longer your enemies survive the better but also at the same time the quicker they die the better if that makes any since. For the drain the energy you use for your other abilities will also contribute. The more you use the other abilities the more energy consumed and the counter will increase however so its not ridiculously OP the energy used on your other abilities will increase the counter slightly less than the ultimate itself since its a drain and simply having it on is enough to increase the damage. For moding i suggest 3 from top narrow minded max primed continuity max blind rage and transient fortitude max intensify max overextended prime flow and fleeting expertise this way you get 140 duration 105 efficiency 142 range and 224 power strength. By the way this is my equinox build.

Edited by (PS4)gatehacker00