The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vauban Vortex Crash

Opinions

For a number of times I have used Vauban's vortex ability in a crowded fight and the whole game has locked and crashed to desktop.

The main culprit has been having 3+ of these things running and it feels like the game cannot figure out the physics involved to keep going.

I am now using other frames and a friend of mine decided it was a good idea to spam 4 of them out in 1 go - He can carry on but I lose out.

Is anyone else having any similar issues?

My system is fairly hefty, even to the point where the support guys are complimenting me on it so I doubt its a resource issue but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks

For a number of times I have used Vauban's vortex ability in a crowded fight and the whole game has locked and crashed to desktop.

The main culprit has been having 3+ of these things running and it feels like the game cannot figure out the physics involved to keep going.

I am now using other frames and a friend of mine decided it was a good idea to spam 4 of them out in 1 go - He can carry on but I lose out.

Is anyone else having any similar issues?

My system is fairly hefty, even to the point where the support guys are complimenting me on it so I doubt its a resource issue but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks

Did you overclock anything from your system. I once had a similar crash and that was due to a bad overclock: Voltage on GPU for some reason resetted back to default while I didnt notice and it made me crash so that was an easy fix.

Did you overclock anything from your system. I once had a similar crash and that was due to a bad overclock: Voltage on GPU for some reason resetted back to default while I didnt notice and it made me crash so that was an easy fix.

The system is OC but was done professionally and under warranty. I have had no OC issues since my upgrade in December

The system is OC but was done professionally and under warranty. I have had no OC issues since my upgrade in December

What does the crash look like though. Does it say that "Warframe has crashed" or does it say that "the graphics driver has stopped responding". If it is the latter it could be an OC issue.

EDIT: Just did my own tests on max settings (Including Bloom, Colour Correction and Bokeh DoF/Blur = Argh my eyes....). I was running very smoothly with no input lag. Used 4 Vortexes, no crash, while retaining smooth fps. It doesn't seem to be the game for me.

System:

Intel Core i7 2600k @4.2Ghz - Stable

EVGA GTX 570 OC'ed - Stable, latest non-beta driver.

8GB 1333Mhz Corsair RAM

250GB Samsung 840 SSD 

Edited by R3leaZ

Just a heads up, we have since been able to reproduce this issue on our end and are currently in the process of working on a fix. It looks like a potential workaround for the crash would be to run the game with Nvidia PhysX Effects disabled, so I would suggest trying that until a fix is submitted.

Edited by DE_Dmitri

Just a heads up, we have since been able to reproduce this issue on our end and are currently in the process of working on a fix. It looks like a potential workaround for the crash would be to run the game with Nvidia PhysX Effects disabled, so I would suggest trying that until a fix is submitted.

Thx Dmitri! :D

I didnt have many issues with it though o:

Edited by R3leaZ

Thanks for the replies

The 1st thing I did was disable PyisX and also turned down some of the textures etc but the screen still locked and had to crash out manually.

I'll see how this update goes and let you know

Just FYI, vortex will crash the game and I'm using an ATI card that doesn't even use PhysX.