Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Weapons (Art)

Lady_Khaos

As I've stated before, we need more sidearms. And so far, there aren't any of Corpus design. No unique shotgun either. So I took it upon myself to design some using SketchUp. I tried to match the Corpus style as best I could. Bright blue is the energy color. The pistols took around an hour each, but the shotgun was closer to 4 hours.

Laser Pistol

This is the basic pistol. But...not quite. Being a light based weapon, the beam ignores shields and does armor penetration. However, this is balanced. Instead of firing a beam like the Flux rifle, the Laser pistol has a charge time, after which it releases a powerful double barrel blast.

Base Stats:

50 damage (Shield ignore and AP)

4 rounds per mag/power pack

200 ammo cap

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24702741@N04/sets/72157634436081215/

The thing on the side would be the power pack.

Grenade Pistol

CAUTION: High explosive! Or perhaps, it could be a flashbang with guaranteed stun and blinding for 5-10 seconds.

(My least refined design)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24702741@N04/sets/72157634436085017/

And last but far from least, the design I've put the most time into...

Tesla Scattergun

Ever wanted to unleash lightning storms like a Sith lord? Well now you can! This prototype Corpus shotgun fires a wide spread barrage of low damage spikes, and then fires lightning at all of them!

Like the Laser pistol, this is a charged weapon. Higher damage than the Hek, but short range like the Boar.

Base Stats

50 armor ignoring damage, 200 Electrical damage

3-4 shots per mag

1 second charge time

Wide spread

Electrical effect does not apply past a certain range, due to the unpredictable nature of lightning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24702741@N04/sets/72157634442571980/

Like the literally holographic reticule? XD

For some reason I can't get the pictures to display on their own...

More to come!

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

D4NC3P4RTYFOUR.gif

Which begs the question... what faction do weapons such as the Braton family and the Lex belong to? The fact that they fire projectiles suggests that it may be a Tenno weapon, and that the Grineer don't use that type of clean, angular aesthetic- which brings me to my next point. They have the Corpus design. 

So...? 

D4NC3P4RTYFOUR.gif

Which begs the question... what faction do weapons such as the Braton family and the Lex belong to? The fact that they fire projectiles suggests that it may be a Tenno weapon, and that the Grineer don't use that type of clean, angular aesthetic- which brings me to my next point. They have the Corpus design. 

So...? 

They are a Tenno weapon. As is everything not definitively stated. The exception being the Sicarus, which has a style that could go along with Tenno designs, but is actually Grineer. And the Boar I think is just supposed to be a modified Strun (being Grineer.)

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

I don't see how being a light weapon would allow you to bypass shields. Sure, it should because physics but if it's like that 90% of warframe is implausible.

Also I don't like the idea of bypassing shields in general. Too many enemies (including bosses) are balanced around their shields.

I don't see how being a light weapon would allow you to bypass shields. Sure, it should because physics but if it's like that 90% of warframe is implausible.

Also I don't like the idea of bypassing shields in general. Too many enemies (including bosses) are balanced around their shields.

Yes but bosses also have high health, so a hit of 50 damage isn't going to do a whole lot to them. Plus, the delay in firing would balance it by slowing the DPS. And for everything but bosses, the shields barely block any sort of damage.