The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sobek Shotgun 9.1.4 Thread Merger

TheSeannachaidh

Turn back time on the Sobek! It was FINE after the last patch... It does NOT need 100 damage, and I DON'T need time to brush my teeth during a weapon's reload...

I just tried using it. It is dreadful. The damage I do doesn't make standing around being totally useless for so long worthwhile... Please please please please don't leave this in... :( 

I really loved this weapon: I think it looks great, and did its job well enough, and it combos really well with the Banshee's Sonar ability...

Please don't leave it like this... I know that you are just doing your best to respond to the communities voice, but I invested money in platinum, which I then excitedly spent rushing the build for and putting a forma into this weapon, and if it remains like this I will never use it again, and I will have wasted that money... If this is it, can you remove the weapon and mastery exp from my account and return the platinum?

Reload is faster than every other shotgun...and you have to do it a fifth as often. I'm not sure you know what a 'shotgun' is...

As for your money woes, that is the risk you willingly take when you immediately buy a new item on release in a beta that's being heavily patched and constantly rebalanced.

Edited by NessOnett

TPlease don't leave it like this... I know that you are just doing your best to respond to the communities voice, but I invested money in platinum, which I then excitedly spent rushing the build for and putting a forma into this weapon, and if it remains like this I will never use it again, and I will have wasted that money... If this is it, can you remove the weapon and mastery exp from my account and return the platinum?

Lol, use your head before you spend plat next time...

That seems so petty. Just use reload mods. You got two that stack upon each other now, one very common and one from nightmare that also gives you another good stat with it.

There is not a nightmare mod that adds any reload speed.  The two that work on shotguns are:

Blaze: +15% damage +15% fire damage per level

Accelerated Blast: +15% fire rate + 15% AP damage per level.

They KILLED the sobek with the horrendus reload time as it now has the longest reload out of any shotgun.

And good luck trying to get the tactical pump mod...

It was fine with 60 damage before because I could reload in a decent amount of time in battle.  now I cant and that is a loss of a major feature that it had before.

I did. I liked the weapon as it was. That is the weapon I spent plat on, not the .1.4 version.

The weapon the way it was was beyond terrible and couldn't kill S#&$. I had a 90% damage mod on it and some other stuff. and wasn't doing more than 40-50 damage, when the base damage alone was 45 at the time.

Again, reload is actually pretty good. and i don't even have reload mods on it. haven't tested it with 100 damage yet, but I'm sure it finally is good or at least decent.

Spending money on platinum is 100% your own decision. I haven't seen a single post of someone saying the sobek was good. so as far as i'm concerned, you're the only one.

Everyone else was complaining about its terrible performance.

Again.

Before spending any money or platinum. Keep in mind things can and quite possibly will change during a beta.

Edit:

So, i've just tested it. Didn't realise the reload speed was changed. But yes, it is rather slow.

Edited by Recaimed

They KILLED the sobek with the horrendus reload time as it now has the longest reload out of any shotgun.

And good luck trying to get the tactical pump mod...

It was fine with 60 damage before because I could reload in a decent amount of time in battle.  now I cant and that is a loss of a major feature that it had before.

Are you just making things up for attention or what? It still reloads ages faster than every other shotgun in the game. And I have dozens of tactical pump mods, they are uncommon, so "good luck" is laughable.

Reload is faster than every other shotgun...and you have to do it a fifth as often. I'm not sure you know what a 'shotgun' is...

Reload is now the slowest base reload out of any shotgun in the game currently.

That KILLS its dps.

Its overall dps, especially against bosses, wasn't bad before.  With the new horrendusly long reload its DPS just tanked very hard.

Are you just making things up for attention or what? It still reloads ages faster than every other shotgun in the game. And I have dozens of tactical pump mods, they are uncommon, so "good luck" is laughable.

Have you seen the reload with the new 100 damage?

I just tried it and then the Hek and Strun.

Hek and Strun both reload faster than it does now.

That kinda tanks its dps quite a bit.

EDIT:

The Wiki has not updated with the new reload time, which is longer than the struns.  So it does take longer than 2 seconds to do a reload now.

And I have played this game for a few hundred hours with no tactical pump mods, even hunting down corpus extensively.  Its on the rare side of uncommon.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Again.

Before spending any money or platinum. Keep in mind things can and quite possibly will change during a beta.

I did. I waited for, or at least thought that I had waited for the major buff to come. It was fine before 9.1.4; It did need a buff after release in 9.0, but they did buff it.

This is lazy game design. It still does not have a place with the rest of the shotguns. It still acts like a braton that shoots 4 rounds per shot..

The boar still trumps this weapon.

Why is it so accurate when shotguns have a huge damage falloff..?

Why is it full auto, with a base fire rate that's as slow as the lex?

Why is it a double barreled shotgun that fires automatically?

It still has 4 pellets so it will not scale as well as the rest of the shotguns.

I don't care how many mods you can cram in the weapon, if it sucks to begin with, and it needs a lot of mods, it isn't a good weapon.

We shouldin't have to mod fire rate, and reload speed in every weapon. Those should be situational, or tailored to ones taste. We should be modding the weapon to suit our needs. Not modding the weapon to make it less S#&$.

It is now a 3s reload speed as of 9.1.4 WITH maxed out Tactical Pump. Please don't spew nonsense if you haven't played it since the patch...

I just tried it without tactical pump with a stop watch and got a reload of 4-4.25 seconds consistantly.

Now the slowest reload out of any shotgun and proven.

This kills it for the most part by removing what made it pretty decent.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I agree with the 100 damage buff. The fact that it fired slower than the Boar killed its DPS. It still does fire slower. The reload speed still needs to be the fastest out of all the shotguns in the game. Giving it a damage buff to make it reasonably on par with other shotguns then killing its DPS by giving it a 4 second reload was not the solution. Leave the reload at 2 seconds and keep the damage at 100. It's a mastery 4 weapon that requires 5 neurodes to build and offers no polarities for god's sake. It should have at least 120 damage a shot. 100 is just enough to make it viable, though.

Edited by Boondorl

I agree with the 100 damage buff. The fact that it fired slower than the Boar killed its DPS. It still does fire slower. The reload speed still needs to be the fastest out of all the shotguns in the game. Giving it a damage buff to make it reasonably on par with other shotguns then killing its DPS by giving it a 4 second reload was not the solution. Leave the reload at 2 seconds and keep the damage at 100. It's a mastery 4 weapon that requires 5 neurodes to build and offers no polarities for god's sake. It should have at least 120 damage a shot. 100 is just enough to make it viable, though.

6 seconds.

This is lazy game design. It still does not have a place with the rest of the shotguns. It still acts like a braton that shoots 4 rounds per shot..

The boar still trumps this weapon.

Why is it so accurate when shotguns have a huge damage falloff..?

Why is it full auto, with a base fire rate that's as slow as the lex?

Why is it a double barreled shotgun that fires automatically?

It still has 4 pellets so it will not scale as well as the rest of the shotguns.

I don't care how many mods you can cram in the weapon, if it sucks to begin with, and it needs a lot of mods, it isn't a good weapon.

We shouldin't have to mod fire rate, and reload speed in every weapon. Those should be situational, or tailored to ones taste. We should be modding the weapon to suit our needs. Not modding the weapon to make it less S#&$.

This.

I agree with the 100 damage buff. The fact that it fired slower than the Boar killed its DPS. It still does fire slower. The reload speed still needs to be the fastest out of all the shotguns in the game. Giving it a damage buff to make it reasonably on par with other shotguns then killing its DPS by giving it a 4 second reload was not the solution. Leave the reload at 2 seconds and keep the damage at 100. It's a mastery 4 weapon that requires 5 neurodes to build and offers no polarities for god's sake. It should have at least 120 damage damage a shot. 100 is just enough to make it viable, though.

I wasn't at all complaining about a damage buff: They are lovely and nice, and generally they make everything easier.. All I was trying to say was that at the expense of the meal I get to cook during the reload time, 100 damage isn't really worth it.