The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Cosplay!

PuppetsMind

!CAUTION!

This thread is now dead! all other updates will be posted in the new thread to display the finished product!

(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99085-volt-cosplay-completed-with-pictures/)

here we go!~

So i'm making a Volt costume for Nan Desu Kon (NDK) in colorado this year, and i figured i'd share my progress with you. currently all i have done is my helmet and most of the breast plate.

I am making it out of the gray foam tile flooring. :3

let me know if you have any questions!

aaand heeeere we goooooo!

2013-05-13_22-15-43_725_zps752e8905.jpg

2013-05-13_22-15-58_655_zps48a14ce3.jpg

2013-05-13_22-16-04_855_zps7369ffe1.jpg

2013-05-14_19-45-09_696_zpsc7ea9511.jpg

2013-05-14_23-07-48_820_zpsc6e4953e.jpg

2013-05-16_18-01-34_855_zpsc9c80ea0.jpg

2013-05-16_19-06-44_738_zpsd7dfe0f4.jpg

2013-05-16_20-43-36_242_zpsbadab8ea.jpg

UPDATES!

Head to page 2 for updates on the chestplate

(also if someone would like to help me figure out how to link certain posts... that would be awesome)

Head to page 2 for updates on the first arm!

Head to page 3 for updates on the upper body getting painted!

!!!COMPLETE!!!!

ResizedImage_1376437843191_zps63c5587f.j

ResizedImage_1376437843507_zps55ff38a5.j

update on the legs and shoes on page 4!

Edited by PuppetsMind

interesting choice of materials, I wouldn't have thought of that foam, but its a classic choice. I think you should bondo it and then wet sand it smooth though, that will really clean it up.

Also, bulk out the pectorals and the shoulders with another layer. Volt has a kind of effeminate and androgynous build, and unless you're sixteen year old boy, you're going to have to fake his man hourglass by bulking the hips to and the shoulders to make his waist look skinny.

interesting choice of materials, I wouldn't have thought of that foam, but its a classic choice. I think you should bondo it and then wet sand it smooth though, that will really clean it up.

Also, bulk out the pectorals and the shoulders with another layer. Volt has a kind of effeminate and androgynous build, and unless you're sixteen year old boy, you're going to have to fake his man hourglass by bulking the hips to and the shoulders to make his waist look skinny.

before painting it i actually chose to caulk the lines and despite it still being a little... uh.... "visible" where the seam is, it helped an amazing amount. also heating up the hot glue with a heat gun and scraping all of the excess off was a good thing to do... that would've been bad if i forgot that.

before painting it i actually chose to caulk the lines and despite it still being a little... uh.... "visible" where the seam is, it helped an amazing amount. also heating up the hot glue with a heat gun and scraping all of the excess off was a good thing to do... that would've been bad if i forgot that.

If you're using hot glue then throw out the craft store crap and order glue and guns online. The 40 watt guns you can buy in a craft store are baby stuff, professional costume shops custom order 80-100 watt guns with twice the melt time, and they're not badly priced. You can also get a formula of hot glue that is more flexible when dry and has more tack.

If you're using hot glue then throw out the craft store crap and order glue and guns online. The 40 watt guns you can buy in a craft store are baby stuff, professional costume shops custom order 80-100 watt guns with twice the melt time, and they're not badly priced. You can also get a formula of hot glue that is more flexible when dry and has more tack.

hm... i'll have to look into that.