The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Triyang, The Doppelganger Master

Daihazi

Triyang is based on High speed movement, and the ability to triangulate with his two doppelgangers. His suit can generate an anti friction field, allowing him to flash accelerate to mach 5 speed in under a second. I apologize for the rushed description, as I accidentally Xed out my page when I rewrote it for 1 freaking hour -_-*

Power 1: Triangulation Slash: Triyang's doppelgangers get into triangle formation, and slash dash toward the middle, dealing 200/300/450/600 damage to all enemies caught in it. Cost: 25 Energy

Power 2: Meteor Impact: Triyang is given a boost by two of his doppelgangers, and leaps high into the air. He then accelerates to Mach 5 and crashes into the ground, making a shockwave that inflicts 100/200/300/400 damage and inflicts light stasis to all enemies within 5m. Cost: 50 Energy. The stasis is half as strong as that of Rhino Stomp and Bastille.

Power 3: Enemy Bomb: Triyang has two of his doppelgangers hold a target down, and plant a kunai with a powerful bomb tag strung to it in it's head. The three then hurl the enemy at a group. The enemy detonates, dealing 300/500/700/950 damage to everything within 5m.

Ultimate: Skana Dance: Triyang and his doppelgangers begin running at Mach 5 in a fair sized circle. They the begin juggling their swords between one another, cutting up all enemies caught in the middle. This deals 10/20/30/45 damage 35 times over 5 seconds. (thats a total of up to 1570 damage over 5 seconds.) 

Stats

Health: 75
Shield: 100
Armor: 10 or 50 (whichever seems appropriate. I think 10 is a good counterbalance for his aggressive style)
Speed: 1.30
Energy: 150

Helmet Ideas:

Default: Everything +0%, Everything -0%
Velocity: Speed +10%, Armor -25%
Acceleration: Power Efficiency +15%, Power Strength -5%

[size=1]Thank you for your opinions. I liked a few of them, and edited him. Any art, power ideas, or other suggestions appreciated./size]

Edited by Daihazi

i wasnt aware the real ninjas wasted time waving their hands around the air before killing people

o relax he probably just watches naruto i like the idea of using doppelgangers but maybe make it a tad more balanced like have status effects like knock down or something instead of pure dps and drop the hand signs

Edited by Archangelzz

IMHO, this is a pure assault warframe, no single self-buff, protection power like iron skin, smoke screen or link abilities, considering it has low health, it gets quite ugly durng solo mission if your power doesn't kill the enemies and u ended up stuck in the middle of a bunch of ancients.

what do you think?

I don't see why he should be the only one to get passives, and on top of that why he should get faster gymnastics instead of Loki or Ash as it would fit them. Semi off topic but passives would be cool! Or at least for Rhino, being passive stagger resistant? Although with the new Iron Skin he has that on low level missions as it never wears off and there is no point on high level missions as he is dead 100% of the time.

i wasnt aware the real ninjas wasted time waving their hands around the air before killing people

Good point. Dropped that.

I don't see why he should be the only one to get passives, and on top of that why he should get faster gymnastics instead of Loki or Ash as it would fit them. Semi off topic but passives would be cool! Or at least for Rhino, being passive stagger resistant? Although with the new Iron Skin he has that on low level missions as it never wears off and there is no point on high level missions as he is dead 100% of the time.

Perhaps they could add passives? Idk, but I see your point, and curtailed the effect a bit.

IMHO, this is a pure assault warframe, no single self-buff, protection power like iron skin, smoke screen or link abilities, considering it has low health, it gets quite ugly durng solo mission if your power doesn't kill the enemies and u ended up stuck in the middle of a bunch of ancients.

what do you think?

Changed his second power to Boringu Dance, which launches him high into the air, then he crashes down, knocking back (possibly inflicting a weak version of Rhino's stasis) all enemies near him. I may add a few alternates in the future.

The reason he would get faster gymnastics is because his power literally is speed. Notice some of his attacks involve increasing his movement speed DRASTICALLY.

[size=3]Also, any suggestions for a better power 3?[/size]

The concept is cool, but you are vastly overdoing it. Not a single warframe has a passive ability that isn't a power, so this would be highly unbalanced from the get go.

Powers. Nice concepts, but unbalanced to all the current ones. Each warframe has one basic ranged one, a defencive, supporting and uber power. (this is based on most recent warframes and updated ones). This one is all offensive, all AOE, all seemingly large ranged. And personally, I don't think having 'dance' in every powers name is good.

Hand signs, terrible idea. It would take far to long to cast powers, and this warframe is hardly ninja/stealthy-esc.

For unique animations, also a bad idea (currently). The Devs have too much to do than to also worry about making custom animations for everything a single warframe does. Yes they are working on idle animations for each one, but they are doing this to give each warframe more character, not just because it suits their style, which, in this case, it really wouldn't, as this does not seem like a ninja/stealth based warframe. That concept stays with Ash mostly, and some may argue Loki as well.

The initial concept could work, if given time and thought into each power (as this mainly builds the character of a warframe), but as with all fan warframe concepts, they are VASTLY overpowered, or don't fit the general genre/pattern of powers. Good idea though.

The concept is cool, but you are vastly overdoing it. Not a single warframe has a passive ability that isn't a power, so this would be highly unbalanced from the get go.

Powers. Nice concepts, but unbalanced to all the current ones. Each warframe has one basic ranged one, a defencive, supporting and uber power. (this is based on most recent warframes and updated ones). This one is all offensive, all AOE, all seemingly large ranged. And personally, I don't think having 'dance' in every powers name is good.

Hand signs, terrible idea. It would take far to long to cast powers, and this warframe is hardly ninja/stealthy-esc.

For unique animations, also a bad idea (currently). The Devs have too much to do than to also worry about making custom animations for everything a single warframe does. Yes they are working on idle animations for each one, but they are doing this to give each warframe more character, not just because it suits their style, which, in this case, it really wouldn't, as this does not seem like a ninja/stealth based warframe. That concept stays with Ash mostly, and some may argue Loki as well.

The initial concept could work, if given time and thought into each power (as this mainly builds the character of a warframe), but as with all fan warframe concepts, they are VASTLY overpowered, or don't fit the general genre/pattern of powers. Good idea though.

Thinking about it, I kind of agree with you. I wrote this guy up LAAATE at night, and I'll take my hammer and chisel to him as soon as I can. xD

I am not going to stop thinking up frames until DE uses one of them. :p

Thinking about it, I kind of agree with you. I wrote this guy up LAAATE at night, and I'll take my hammer and chisel to him as soon as I can. xD

I am not going to stop thinking up frames until DE uses one of them. :p

Ahaha good to hear someone taking my critisism positively for once! I like this idea, and I was thinking of some power ideas for it last night.

I'll get back to you on them at some point

Hmm... liking the new abilities. He's still much more DPS than any type of support.
My power suggestions
Power 1 - Keep the same

Power 2 - Triyang creates Doppelgangers to aid Tenno in a given radius. These Doppelgangers aid the tenno by defending them from harm using their extreme speeds.  Defence is 10%/20%/30%/40% damage reduction.

OR
Triyang creates Doppelgangers to aid Tenno in a given radius. These Doppelgangers aid the Tenno by damaging their targets.

Damage is 10%/20%/30%/40% of Triyangs melee attacks, with Triyangs melee attack speed.
This power would last for 5secs/10secs/15secs/20secs.

Power 3 - maybe make power 2, or have it this "Triyang increases his speed to inhuman proportions, allowing him to evade incoming attacks. (This isn't a rehash of Volts Speed. This affects Triyang, and decreases incoming damage to 25%/50%/75%/100% lasting for 5secs/10secs/15secs/20secs.
A thought on animations for this, Tiryang becomes very blurred and transparent, and has a similar patter to Loki's Decoy on him. Possibly having it seem like there are 2 more ghostly versions of him running alongside.

Power 4 - Its good! Make it a tad less powerful, so it only does a max of 1000 or roughly around that at max level

Edited by Stormandreas

• 1 month later...