Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Reward Feedback And Fanfare

gell

What:

We should have fanfare presenting our unique event rewards (and maybe other rare items)

Why:

I see quite a few posts from people confused that they don't have their Survival mods yet. Of course most of us know that we don't get the rewards until the event is over. But even when we did get our rewards in the past, they just show up quietly in our inventories, Mods page, or weapons selections (e.g. Snipetron Vandal). Beyond being lackluster and boring, it's also ambiguous to many folks until they check all the appropriate places.

Where and When:

For these events, we tend to get our rewards after the event is over. If that's how it will be, then when the event is over, and those items are rewarded, when we log in, similar to the Daily Reward screen, we should get a pop up with some music/sound fx showing us what we just obtained. Other games tend to do this when completing a mission, leveling up, or wherever they are in town when they receive the item(s). In Warframe, those places can be the end of a mission, logging in after an event is over, or possibly visiting the section where the reward is. (e.g. visiting the Mods page would show you all the new mods you got since the last time you visited. At the least, if there's no fanfare, you will see a "new" icon on each mod or item on that screen.)

Do we really need this? 

It's not about making Warframe silly or too much hand holding, but about making the game have better feedback. True, this won't answer people's confusion about if they did enough to qualify for an event, but that could be solved by doing this same rewards fanfare but with a caveat that says, "Available after the event ends." At least this way, people will still feel that same rewarding feeling while still keeping the rewards until the end of an event. Final Fantasy or Zelda chest opening wasn't only cool for the music; it was cool that it visually appeared above you, immediately telling you what you got. Warframe needs a bit of that for event rewards, just like how mod drops are met with a burst of VFX and the mod appearing on your screen for a few seconds.

Any thoughts on making the event reward feedback better?

Agreed.

I mentioned after the first or second event that we need something IN GAME to tell people there is an event going on. We get intel briefs on youtube, but not every player uses youtube, or twitter, or facebook, or the forums. One of my friends only knows there's an event if I tell him. We need something to let us know what's going on without relying on outside channels. Hell, they could just show the briefing video after you log in for the first time during an event/shortly before the event.

Yes, I know there is the lore section. But there is still nothing telling you to go check it when you get in game unless you already know there is supposed to be something new.

Ill second this and and go a bit further to say that anything new should be pointed out.  "Hey you haven't seen this event/ weapon/ modification before"

Nothing in your face - an icon in the corner of the screen or a pop up like the OP describes would do the job. 

For events, I would love to see my event progress indicated alongside my equipment levels after I finish a map.  I see no reason the same kind of progress bar used for leveling wouldn't work. 

Very valid point.  The devs here are really not consistent about getting out information.  Even basic things may be missing or hiding under some rock somewhere.  Making the assumption that everyone will go to Facebok or Tweeter or the fourems all the time is a bad call.  Too often they may just go elsewhere to play.  I've run into it personally, and only the great art, fun gameplay, and hey, --  Cyber Space Ninjas --  has kept me playing.