Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detailed 'alternate Abilities' Thread

Luminati07

Reposted for one reason. I decided to use the second post in this thread for the discussion of how alternate abilities should be implemented.

Old thread has been deleted.

Hi everyone,

Before I start, yes I know this has been done before. I've seen a bunch of suggestions for alternate abilities, but most of them are something like "I think it would be good to have alternate abilities, what do you think?"

This thread is a little more refined than that, and I'll try put in as many suggestions, along with the source of inspiration, as I can.

Let's begin.

I'm sure many of you have thought at some point that it'd be neat to be able to actually customise your abilities to some degree.

I'm not talking 20 abilities or anything like that, just one or two.

Having two abilities that you can choose between goes a long way in terms of customisation (or at least, the feeling of customisation).

Alternate abilities should be able to change the playstyle of a particular Warframe. I think each Warframe should have at least one alternate skill that would be different from their usual playstyle. (Nukers would get another utility, while support Warframes would get a damaging one).

This way, you can kind of tailor your Warframe to your liking.

I know that each suit is meant to have a specific playstyle, and I'm not suggesting alternate skills that turn that a complete 180, just gives some more options.

After x months, you'll probably start to get a little bored of your favourite Warframe's skills, this is a way to keep playing your favourite, but still keep it fresh after so many hours of play.

Let's start with the actual suggestions (more are welcome in the replies)

I will not include energy costs, due to the argument that skills would occupy either a set slot (skill 1,2,3,4), or be able to mix and match skills. (can't equip 2 ults)

I'll leave that up to you guys to decide.

Ash

Ash is either a melee ninja, or a stealth guy. One of the two. It's hard to say.

In my opinion, I believe he is there to close distance fast and deal high damage from close ranges. (or he would, if guns didn't outclass melee in every possible way)

So, these skills are mostly for closing distance, confusing enemies, and dealing high amounts of damage from close range.

Blink

Ash targets an enemy and runs at them, 'blinking' several times. This build up all his force.

When he reaches his target, he will attack them with all his might, dealing a huge amount of damage, and sending them flying.

Media

Blink is at 1:45 of this video

Direct Link - 

Thunderclap

(close range)

Ash uses his melee weapon to deal a quick, but powerful uppercut, sending the enemy flying into the air.

Ash then quickly teleports in front of the enemy, and deals a heavy downward strike, sending them crashing into the ground.

Media

Thunderclap is present all through this video.

Just watch for Tifa disappearing and reappearing behind her opponents, that's the inspiration for this ability.

Direct link - 

Death From Above

Ash leaps up and attaches himself to the roof above him (would not work outside).

From here, he can either shoot (reveals his position) at enemies below.

Or, if he presses the melee button, he drops down and deals a heavily damaging melee attack (+xxx% damage).

While on the roof, Ash is hidden unless he fires with a loud weapon.

This skill would be both fun and practical.

If you're trying to be stealthy, and enemies are approaching your location, stick to the roof for a quick escape.

Similar to Smokescreen, but you can't move from your location.

Probably would have to cost 25 energy.

Caltrops (Akiba_Broax)

stun locks enimies with small amounts of damage  (with a 40% chance of stagger per nail that they step on, the scaling increasing to 55% at cap) and if they survive the caltrops they take half of the origional damage per step for (10/20/30) seconds and they have significantly reduced movement speed. 

Banshee

Ok, Banshee is a fairly well known mythical creature. Those who hear their screams are soon to die a violent death. (at least that's my knowledge on the subject)

Banshee in Warframe is related to sound. So, not an easy theme to follow.

Downfall

Banshee lets loose one of her fabled wails.

Any nearby enemies are now targeted for a soon to be death.

This 'marks' these enemies. Foes with this mark take drastically increased damage.

Kind of fits in with the whole Banshee theme, not so much sound.

Would only be able to 'mark' a certain amount of enemies, not everything in the AoE.

*Edit*

Just realised this is basically Sonar.

Here's another idea.

Banshee marks enemies in a certain are.

'Marked' enemies have a % chance of instant death after 5 seconds (regardless of level, shields, armour, type etc. Does not work on bosses)

Something like 7.5/15/22.5/30 percent chance of instant death.

This would be less useful on lower level missions (where powers would outright kill enemies anyway), but it would become infinitely more useful on higher level defense.

Dead Air

Banshee targets an enemy and silences them.

This is not like her 'silence' ability.

Enemies will still hear the Tenno, but their voices are taken away, leaving them helpless as they try to call for help.

Kind of solidifies Banshee as a cold-blooded killer. Leaving her enemies helpless in the face of death.

Could either be an AoE, or single target. Whichever.

Shockwave Stream

Banshees next shot produces unbelievably heightened sound levels. (or it could just be a straight up ability)

Any enemies nearby the round when it leaves the gun will have their brains racked by the sound.

The way I see this working is this.

o = enemy, -=bullet trail [] = gun

o     o    o    o o       o

[]-----------------------------------------

o    o                  o              o

I know, it's an awful diagram :P

The concept behind this ability is that enemies near the bullet trail will be stunned for a lengthy duration, holding their ears in agony.

Enemies in the direct path of the round will be send to the ground from the force.

It would leave some kind of visual trail, similar to a smoke trail. But...Cooler.

Distract

A simple skill.

Banshee targets an area, which will then begin to produce sound.

Nearby enemies will walk over to investigate.

Basic skill used for stealth.

Very low energy cost. ~15 or so.

Ember

Ah, Ember. So many sources of inspiration for her.

Most of these are for more damaging skills, mainly related to large AoE fire blasts.

Fire is usually seen as the destructive element, and Ember isn't really....That destructive.

She has her 1 (which isn't that great), her 3, and her 4. Most of which deal with persistent DoT.

These alternate skills give the player the opportunity to morph Ember into a true nuker.

Fire Pinwheel

Ember summons a pinwheel of fire.

When launched, this 'wheel' will spin at alarming speed, and travel along the ground in a straight line.

Deals high direct damage, and has a small DoT.

Media

Direct Link - 

Heat Sweep

Hard for me to explain this one fully.

Watch the video for a full explanation.

Starts with a 180 degree fire blast, ends up with the flames directly in front of her.

Any enemies that are hit from the end of the blast (right in front of Ember) take double damage.

2 streams of fire, 2 times damage. Makes sense.

Meteor Weave

Ember slams her fist into the ground, sending two massive intertwining blasts of fire at her enemies.

These flames will deal high damage to any enemy they come in contact with.

When they hit a solid surface (floor, wall, roof etc), they will explode with a huge blast.

Enemies unfortunate enough to be caught in this blast will be dealt massive damage.

Centrifugal Blast

This is Ember's 'Oh S#&$' skill.

Ember creates a quick blast originating from her position, and sending it outwards in a 360 degree wave.

This sends nearby enemies flying away from her.

Deals low damage, fast 'casting' time.

Media

Heat sweep is at 1:17 of the video

Centrifugal blast is at 1:51 of the video

Meteor Weave is at 2:01 of the video

Direct links

Heat Sweep - 

Centrifugal Blast - 

Meteor Weave - 

Excalibur

Gungnir

Excalibur summons a spear of energy in his hand, and launches it at an enemy.

If the lance makes contact, it will continue to fly until it hits a solid surface, taking the enemy and any other unfortunate souls in its flight path with it.

The longer it flies, the more damage is dealt.

Media

Gungnir is at 0:15 of this video

Direct link - 

Elemental Affinity

Inspiration taken from the Borderlands 2 Bloodwing fight.

While this power is active, Excalibur will absorb the element that he is damaged with.

This empowers him with that element and gives various effects. 

I'm having trouble seeing how this would work, seeing as how everyone loves to equip every element...

There's a way to do it, I just haven't figured it out.

It would give some interesting teamwork as well.

Say a particular horde of enemies is coming, Excalibur could coordinate with the team to imbue him with a particularly effective element in preparation.

Wouldn't do too much good now, but when DE (hopefully) adds some difficulty and endgame, I could see this kind of ability working out nicely

Anyway, here's some examples.

Fire = Aura of fire. Dealing heavy fire damage to nearby enemies.

Electricity = Lightning aura. Excalibur fires chain lightning to nearby enemies, with a % chance of stunning them.

Ice = Gives Aura of ice. Increases Excalibur's armour and slows down nearby enemies

Caledfwlch (Akiba_Broax)

Excalibur stands entirely still. in a meditory kind of stance with his sword point on the ground. an aura builds up around him (it builds for about ten seconds) and then the aura explosively disperses  leaving him with a massive melee damage buff. and gibbing all nearby enemies horizontally.

Frost

Frost is mostly used for his Snowglobe, with some damaging skills thrown in.

Ice is commonly used in games for its crowd control/debuff kind of effects.

Frost has Snowglobe, but you could build on that.

Frozen Atmosphere

Frost gathers his energy to freeze the very air that surrounds him.

This freezes the surroundings. (we already have the art for this, just have to incorporate it into a skill for temporary use)

Enemies that are in the area suffer from reduced move speed (not as much as Snowglobe), and have their shields temporarily disabled.

Much, much larger AoE to make up for its inability to stop enemy bullets.

Frost Blockade

Targetable location skill.

Similar to Snow Globe in the sense that it will block bullets.

However, enemies cannot pass through it.

Only covers one direction though. So, you'd need 4 if you wanted to use it for cryo pod defense.

This is more for covering up doorways, or enemy vantage points.

Either disappears after a set time, or is destroyed after taking too much damage. (needs to be able to take a hefty amount to maintain usefulness)

Permafrost

Frost sends out large spikes of ice in all directions (animation...kind of similar to Ice Wave, but much larger spikes. And far less of them).

These will deal damage to enemies.

After a few seconds, they will all shatter, dealing AoE damage to nearby enemies. (Think Shiva's Diamond Dust from Final Fantasy)

Gives Frost another damaging AoE skill. For those wanting more damage potential.

Cloak of Cryotics (Akiba_Broax)

All enemies near by frost take steady freeze damage and frost gets a medium sized defense buff.

Loki

I'll try to build on Loki's description as a "trickster" while adding some other things of my own.

Replica Dummies

Kind of like a Decoy on a larger scale, with a few changes.

Loki will send out several replicas from his location (8 or more).

These Replicas will sprint and seek cover, constantly moving to avoid enemy fire.

The difference to Decoy is that these disappear in a single hit.

Unlike Decoy, these are mobile.

The will sprint, jump, even wallrun (if possible).

Useful for creating several distractions for enemies.

Illusion

Loki targets an area. This could be the floor, a wall, the roof, anything.

He uses his deceptive powers to give the illusion of this area being invisible, or obstructed.

This is used as a way to confuse enemies.

Perfect for area denial.

Enemies could see the floor, which Loki has replaced with the illusion of an endless void. (or a tonne of obstruction. Crates, walls etc)

Enemies will avoid this area of the ground, and seek another route. (can only place one, to avoid spam)

I have a feeling this would be quite hard to implement, but it'd still be a neat area denial ability.

Exploding Decoy (Melkia)

It could work just like the actual Decoy, whit the only difference that it can explode either after a set time or when it's destroyed.

My take on this, is that it would probably need some kind of tradeoff from the original Decoy.

Shorter duration, less health or something along those lines.

Mag

Keeping with the magnetic theme, but adding new mechanics/utility.

Armour Polarize

Mag targets an enemy or ally.

Targeted enemies will have their armour reduced by a % value. (20%, 30%, 40%, 50%) (?)

Friendlies will have their armour increased by a certain % value. (50%, 60%, 70%, 80%) (?)

Attraction

A fairly basic skill.

Mag raises her arm, and in a flash, any nearby pickups fly towards her at a high pace. (mods, resources, ammo, credits etc)

Extremely low energy cost. 10 or so.

Bullet Repulser

Kind of like the opposite of Bullet Attractor.

Target an ally, enemy bullets are repelled from their body.

Does not repel every bullet, that'd basically be invulnerability for a teammate.

The further away enemies are, the higher the chance of repelling is.

Enemies at point blank will hit you, while enemies at say...I dunno, 50m, will definitely miss.

Bullet Repulser V2

Just like Bullet Repulses, except instead of targeting an ally, you can target anything.

Want to shoot around a corner? Place this in the right location near a corner, and bullets will be repelled around it.

Kind of gimmicky, but would make for some very nice tactical opportunities.

Nova

I genuinely cannot think of anything for Nova.

Anti-Matter can only go so far. It's not an easy theme to follow.

I don't want to make up some random skills, with anti-matter as an excuse for creating magic.

Shockwave Pulsar

Inspired by FF VIII

The current anti-matter blasts are incredibly....tame.

For obvious reasons, I'm not suggesting that the graphic is exactly the same as ff viii, that's a little farfetched.

For the actual skill.

Nova charges an orb of anti-matter in her hand.

After a few seconds, she lobs it in an arc towards her crosshair.

Upon contact with a solid surface, this orb will 'detonate' with shattering force.

Deals massive damage to enemies in a very large radius.

Media

Nyx

Nyx is mostly for CC (Chaos), and she is really lacking in damaging skills (her missile silo is useless).

I know that Nyx is supposed to have almost zero damage dealing capabilities, but some variation would be nice.

Telekenisis

Nyx uses her powers to levitate her target several metres in the air

After a few seconds, she will send them flying to the ground with shattering force.

Deals high direct damage.

Mental Destruction

Nyx taps into the mind of her target, and utterly destroys them mentally.

The enemy will lose all sense of direction, aim, allegiance, cover, self preservation, everything.

Basically the ultimate, single target debuff.

Target will have severely reduced accuracy.

Their movement will slow to a walk, they will hide on the wrong side of cover, they will have extremely slow reaction times etc

For obvious reason, this would not work on bosses.

Fatal Slumber

Nyx taps into the minds of all enemies around her. 

She effectively "powers down" their brains, causing them to fall into deep unconsciousness.

Affected enemies fall asleep on the battlefield for x seconds. This leaves Tenno able to do as they wish.

They can go collect loot, search for crates, or just kill the unconscious enemies.

Rhino

Rhino Blast

Rhino leaps several metres in the air.

As he comes down, he slams his fist into the ground, sending out a massive shockwave.

Nearby enemies are thrown with astounding force, ragdolling them.

Deals no damage on direct hits, but if enemies come in contact with a solid surface, they will take high damage.

If they hit no surface, they will ragdoll until they land on the floor. They are grounded for several seconds as they recover from the blast.

Provocation

Rhino raises his hand, and in a quick flash, enemies are drawn to him for a short period of time.

Uses very little energy (10-15), nearby enemies focus their attacks on Rhino.

Perfect for those moments when you desperately need to take attention off the cryopod.

'Aggro' doesn't last forever, only about 5 seconds.

Saryn

Caustic Blast

Saryn summons a pool of acid/poison in a large area.

This pool will bubble for a few seconds, and eventually start erupting in large blasts.

This deals high damage over time for enemies caught in the pool. (damage lingers for a couple of seconds upon leaving).

The longer an enemy stays in the pool, their armour will deteriorate at a set rate.

For example, every 2 seconds 10% of their armour is disintegrated.

This is a targetable skill, so the center of origin is not Saryn.

The center of the 'pool' is where your crosshair is aiming.

It's kind of like a highly damaging area denial power.

Useful for putting in congested doorways and hallways.

The 'pool' will last a decent amount of time. Only damaging enemies who are inside the radius.

Media

Caustic Blast is at 0:33 of this video

Direct link - 

Infectious Spore

Saryn creates a poisonous spore at her crosshair location.

This can be destroyed to release a toxic cloud with an AoE.

However, over time the spore will spread further.

The further it spreads, the toxic cloud (upon destruction) will have more damage and a larger AoE.

So, you could destroy it instantly if you need quick damage, or wait for it to expand, and deal higher damage, but with a higher delay.

Would be useful for setting up defenses.

Only the caster would be able to destroy these spores, to prevent griefing.

Trinity

While Trinity is the support Warframe (mostly healing/some tanking), why not give her some alternate abilities on the opposite side of the spectrum. Support de-buffer.

Cachexia

Trinity summons up all her energy to utterly destroy her opponents bodies. Deals no damage.

Cachexia drastically reduces enemy health, armour, movement speed and accuracy, giving the perfect opportunity for teammates to deal the finishing blow.

Shield of Reflection

Trinity boosts the power of her allies shields. 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% increase.

Not a boost to the base value, it includes mods.

If a Rhino has 1000 shields with Redirection, this skill will increase it to 2000.

Only lasts 1 charge, so if the count drops below 1000, they will only recharge to 1000.

A percentage of damage taken by the shields is also reflected to the enemy that hit you. 15%, 30%, 45%, 60%

Not really powerful enough for an ult. Maybe a replacement for 3.

Energy of Protection

Yet another support ability.

Energy of protection provides a buff to nearby teammates, increasing their resistance to shield and health damage.

Vauban

While Vauban is called a "trapper", let's be honest, he isn't.

These ideas are for proper traps. Most will require some thinking to use effectively.

Great for those who want to play a little more tactically.

See an enemy walking towards a nearby hallway? plant one of these traps in advance.

All these traps will die after a set time, something like 90 seconds or so. This gives them enough time to setup effective ambushes.

Impale

Vauban sticks one of his traps to a surface.

If an enemy passes nearby, the trap will activate, and send a spear outwards with astonishing force.

Deals high damage, and ignores armour.

Silent.

Stun Mine

Vauban sticks one of his traps to a surface.

When an enemy passes nearby, the trap will detonate.

This trap explodes with a special mixture of chemicals, rendering the target/s useless for a duration.

Not silent, but its 'sound range' is short.

Chaos Mine

Your classic damage dealer.

Again, Vauban sticks this to a surface.

When enemies pass nearby, it will explode with a huge amount of force.

Deals extremely high damage

Loud as hell.

Volt

Aftershock

Volt imbues his weapon with the power of lightning.

Giving a % chance of electrifying his enemies (might need some new animations)

If the effect is activated, enemies will have a lightning effect surrounding them, and will be bound in place for x amount of time.

Lightning Fusillade

Volt creates 6/7/8/9 orbs of lightning around him and sends them flying outwards.

After a couple of seconds, these orbs seek out enemies. (very high seeking power)

Upon contact, these deal high damage with a small AoE.

Enemies will also be 'shocked' (might need new animations).

In this state, they are frozen in place, with some small flashes of lightning bolts surrounding them.

Media

Direct link - 

Lightning Field

Lightning Field could either be a utility replacement of Volt's ult, or a less powerful version that replaces his 3.

Volt summons a field of lightning around him in a relatively large area.

Any friendly projectiles that pass through deal additional lightning damage. They also have a % chance of applying the 'shocked' status effect. (see above).

Enemies who try to walk through are 'shocked' for 3 seconds. (this only happens once per enemy).

This would also open up some nice combinations, in addition to the Lightning Field + projectiles.

Snowglobe + Bastille + Lightning Field for the ultimate Cryo Pod defense.

Media

Lightning Field is at 3:25 of this video (it would have a much larger radius in WF)

Direct link - 

Nekros

Necromancy isn't always used for simple corpse reanimation.

I've seen plenty of games have necromancers with healing abilities. These kinds of powers could be Nekros" alternate skills.

Corpse Recovery

Necro absorbs the "life force" of enemy corpses to heal his allies.

More corpses = More HP recovered.

Fairly simple. Not much else to say.

Corpse Empower

Necro absorbs the "life force" of enemy corpses to empower himself.

This increases armour and damage dealt.

More corpses = More armour and more damage.

Soul Destruction

Similar to Soul Punch, but instead of turning his enemy's souls into projectiles, he destroys them.

Deals higher damage than Soul Punch, but with no AoE.

Other Ideas

TunaMayo

Mag 

Anti-gravity - mag and team mates are granted the ability to wall run on all surfaces (including ceiling) due to magnetised frames for a duration. 

Render - mag crushes the weak points in all armoured targets in a radius. Armour debuff for x duration.

Volt

Lightning bolt - zeus bolt, says it on the tin.

Electrocution - the crowd control ult. Volt touches the floor and sends electricity coursing through the ground in a radius, stunning all and slightly damaging all caught in the radius for x duration.

Amplify - team fire rate, reload speed and shield recharge is increased for a duration.

Electric fence - volt deploys a fence, similar looking to electric shield, that damages and stuns any enemy that crosses it.

Ash 

Marked for death - target and enemies in a small radius take additional damage from all sources. If by the end of the duration the enemies are still alive, as performs a fast mini-bladestorm on the targets.

Decapitate - ash teleports past a single target whilst slashing it, doing extremely high damage. If the target dies then enemies who witnessed it get instilled with fear and panic for a duration.

Executioner - ash teleports behind an enemy and attempts to slit their throat. The lower the health of the enemy, the more damage this does.

Ember

Ignite - team are surrounded by flames, doing x damage per tick for a duration around all frames.

Fire trail - ember gains increased speed, leaving behind a trail of fire that damages those who attempt to cross it.

Meteor - ember calls in a single meteor, knocks down all enemies in a large radius setting all enemies knocked down alight. Also deals initial armour ignoring damage based on how close to impact they were.

Inferno - at target location ember creates an inferno, a hurricane of fire that sucks in and burns enemies that stray too close.

Banshee

Shriek - banshee lets out and ear curdling shriek, stunning mobs who hear it.

Ultrasound - for a duration banshee projects ultrasound from her being in a short radius for a duration. Stuns and high damage to anything in said radius.

Loki

Friendly fire - enemy target by loki appears to all other enemies to have "switched sides" to that of the tenno and therefore becomes a target. Sort of like a living decoy.

Harlequin - loki gains drastically increased melee speed and damage, but takes increased damage.

Frost

Ice path - creates a surface that fellow tenno can use for wall running. If cast on the floor, any enemies who cross it slip and slide (knockdown and cc).

Hypothermia - all enemies in a radius are slowed and take damage over time.

Frostbite - small AoE freezing targets. Targets shatter upon death damaging those around them.

Sub zero - frost overclocks his suit, projecting extremely cold temperatures around his suit for a duration. Slows enemies in a radius, the closer they are the stronger the slow. As a by product slows down projectiles with a chance for them to miss (damage reduction).

Rhino

Fissure - rhino slams both fists into the ground causing a fissure infront of him. Damages and stuns the enemies caught in the fissure and reduces armour.

Slam - rhino charges to target, grabbing them and slamming them into the ground with extreme force. Does very high damage to target ans the force cause x ripples in time around the target, meaning enemies stop at one ripple and start at the next.

Nyx

Nightmare - all enemies in the vicinity now see nyx as their worst nightmare. All but the sturdiest, heavies, will attempt to flee from nyx.

Telekinetic slam - like your telekenisis power, nyx grabs enemies in a small AoE and slams them into the ground.

NEKROS

Necromancy is also called dark arts, so:

Sacrifice - Nekros cuts own HP in half, giving the team fast energy regen for a duration.

Shroud - Nekros calls a dark shroud upon his location (sort of like a dark cloud engulfing a radius). Enemies that enter the shroud take increased damage and slow.

Consume - Nekros draws in nearby enemies to his person, then attempts to consume them. Deals high damage straight to health (ignoring shields). For each enemy "consumed" Nekros gains a % health regen.

EXCAL

Master of the blade:

Sword swipe - Excal spins round, swiping his melee weapon at high speed. This causes serrated blade damage to enemies in Excal's FoV (180 degrees. Similar to Slash Dash, but Slash Dash damages forward, Sword Swipe damages sideways.

Dance of blades (couldn't think of a good name) - Excal summons multiple blades to surround him. Whilst surrounding him (like null star) they reducing incoming damage, but when an enemy enters their radius a blade shoots off to attack that enemy. Could either attack like a floating blade melee style, or simply be like Radial Javelin (single impact high damage).

Rally - Excal raises his sword and rallies the team. This revives any downed team mates and causes the team to take reduced damage.

VAUBAN 

Trapper Support:

Minefield - Throws a collection of mines infront of Vauban. When triggered deal decent damage and send enemies flying.

Turret - Vauban creates a turret, similar to that of orokin tech, at crosshair location. Can be used on walls and ceilings. 

Supply Pylon - Creates a pylon that regularly dishes out energy and health orbs as well as ammo.

NOVA

Antimatter DPS:

Explosion - Spammable explode, explodes wherever the crosshair is aimed.

Reactor - Nova uses her control of antimatter to create an energy source. Causes pulses to be sent out from Nova warframe that overclock nearby warframes. Increased movement speed, reload speed and fire rate for team.

Implosion - Nova causes an implosion on her being. Drawing in enemies in a radius (similar to vortex with larger radius), then causing high damage and ragdoll effect to any survivors. Nova would be immune during this cast due to the implosion sucking in any damage (toxins) or projectiles.

Electron & Positron -

One power. On first cast target enemy becomes charged with electrons. Second cast must be on a different target, causing them to become charged with positrons. Once a second target has become charged with positrons, the two targets attract from a large radius causing them to become pulled closer together. Once they meet they annihilate, causing an explosion. The larger the original distance between the two (the distance pulled) the larger the explosion and explosion damage.  

I know some Warframes got more love than others. I'll continue to refine, and add to this thread.

Thanks for reading (hopefully). I put quite a bit of effort into this, so any feedback is much appreciated.

Edited by Nugget_

Ok, the obvious issue is how alternate abilities would be implemented.

Would you allow more than 4 powers, at the cost of using up mod slots?

Would particular powers replace a specific slot. (Meteor weave must replace Fire Blast etc)

Would you able to equip any power in any slot. possibility of equipping more than one ult. But it means you have 2 powers that cost 100+ energy.

All those are valid questions, and here's my take on the issue.

Option 1

You should be able to equip any power you want, in any slot. However, you can only equip one "ultimate" skill.

This way gives the best sense of customisation (imo), you're not forced to ditch your favourite skill to equip one of the new ones.

For example (pretend that you could only equip new powers in certain slots)

I love playing Ember, and I think the new Heat Sweep skill looks amazing. However, it must be placed as power 3, meaning I have to get rid of Fire Blast, which is my favourite skill.

I think that's the wrong route to go down.

I believe I should be able to ditch skill 1, to be able to equip Heat Sweep, which might cost 75 energy.

While, yes, I now have a very powerful "first" skill. I now have nothing to use if I can only find a single energy orb.

Option 2

Alternatively, certain skills could take up one of two slots (ultimates must take up slot 4).

This way, I can choose to replace either Overheat or Fire Blast with Heat Sweep.

This means I have a choice of which skill to ditch.

Do I prefer Overheat or Fire Blast? Get rid of the one I use less, and replace it with an alternate.

Obviously this part needs more refining, and balance. I'm doing uni study, and I'm not thinking straight.

Edited by Nugget_

The problem with this idea, is that it would interfere with current and future Warframes and their abilities. Would it be nice, sure why not? I am feeling negative toward this idea. I like Vauban was be is at this moment. He is a trapper/engineer. My sentiment would be mimicked. 

DE is already looking at Warframes and how they "behave." 

Alongside Gungir why not tag on a skill to replace Slash Dash called Caledfwlch. (kah-lehd-fulch) 

Excalibur stands entirely still. in a meditory kind of stance with his sword point on the ground. an aura builds up around him (it builds for about ten seconds) and then the aura explosively dispurses, leaving him with a massive melee damage buff. and gibbing all nearby enemies horizonitly.

Excalibur stands entirely still. in a meditory kind of stance with his sword point on the ground. an aura builds up around him (it builds for about ten seconds) and then the aura explosively dispurses, leaving him with a massive melee damage buff. and gibbing all nearby enemies horizonitly.

At the 7th second, other players are yelling at him from the extraction point asking to "move your &#!"

Love the Alternate on Banshee! Love it! It fits her theme!

Wouldn't Caustic Blast replace Saryn's Miasma?

Thankyou :)

I tried to make Banshee's alternates more like a Banshee, rather than just focusing on sound.

Caustic Blast probably wasn't explained very well, I'll fix it up.

It's a targetable skill. So, you choose an area for the pool to appear.

Think of it as a highly damaging, area denial power.

Granted, I haven't actually used Saryn before. So, for all I know, it's identical to it.

I'm just going off the small amount of research I did on her.

ahahah i bet it! :D

anyway from what i understand the animation would be very similar to Nyx's Absorb... more or less

no because he isnt floating. he's doing the "knight at arms" kind of pose. i think you know the one. just sword pointed down, standing looking down and focusing. ya'know? i'll try to find a picture

idk if t'll show up in the forums since this lil macbook doesnt like to show such things. so iffit doesnt heres a url

http://paulreedsmith13.deviantart.com/art/King-Arthur-vs-Black-Knight-212621635

Edited by Akiba_Broax

Ash: Caltrop.

i saw this on a post a while ago but basicly give ash an area denial skill. Basicly what it does is stun locks enimies with small amounts of damage  (with a 40% chance of stagger per nail that they step on, the scaling increasing to 55% at cap) and if they survive the caltrops they take half of the origional damage per step for (10/20/30) seconds and they have significantly reduced movement speed. 

this idea isnt mine but i dont remember who deserves credit.

Ash: Caltrop.

i saw this on a post a while ago but basicly give ash an area denial skill. Basicly what it does is stun locks enimies with small amounts of damage  (with a 40% chance of stagger per nail that they step on, the scaling increasing to 55% at cap) and if they survive the caltrops they take half of the origional damage per step for (10/20/30) seconds and they have significantly reduced movement speed. 

this idea isnt mine but i dont remember who deserves credit.

Ah, I think I also saw the Caltrop idea a while ago.

I'll add it to the OP when I get the chance. :)

Loki: Exploding Decoy. Do it!

It could work just like the actual Decoy, whit the only difference that it can explode either after a set time or when it's destroyed.

Will add to the OP. :)

Alongside Gungir why not tag on a skill to replace Slash Dash called Caledfwlch. (kah-lehd-fulch) 

Sounds like it would be a cool skill.

Would Excalibur be invincible during those x seconds?

When you explained it, the vision I had in my mind was this:

He kneels with his weapon's blade facing down.

In my mind, that would look more badass than the traditional 'knight stance'

It seems like it would be more suited to replace his 2 or 3 skill, though.

Kneeling_Knight_Colored_by_sebadorn.jpg

A_018_Kneeling.jpg

Will add to the OP :)

i do ever so hate it when a good thread kinda bugg's out and no one pay's attention.. looks llike we got buried under the ember/trinity/vauban ner fiasco... 

on topic however:

alongside alternate abilities, why not a few direct upgrade via card evolution/... i think you saw my post on that (to sum it up once an ability card reachs its fusion cap you can purchase a token for about 100,000 credits that will allow you to evolve it, and a token for half as much to Devolve it)

Hmm, I think I remember seeing that thread.

Some kind of ability 'evolution' would be nice, but I think it'd best be obtainable without credits.

Some kind of milestone of completion for a certain Warframe.

Perhaps an XP milestone. Something that comes after using a Warframe for a very long amount of time. That's true mastery, right?

Hmm, I think I remember seeing that thread.

Some kind of ability 'evolution' would be nice, but I think it'd best be obtainable without credits.

Some kind of milestone of completion for a certain Warframe.

Perhaps an XP milestone. Something that comes after using a Warframe for a very long amount of time. That's true mastery, right?

I guess but for the sake of simplicity. i think an in-game timer and milemarker for how long it would take would be sorta weird to code into the game. plus what would be a reaosnable amount of time? and if you upgrade to a prime variant you would need to spend all that time all over again with the exact same powers and play style. by the time you've made your first 100,000 credits i find that most people have a good grip on their frame

I guess but for the sake of simplicity. i think an in-game timer and milemarker for how long it would take would be sorta weird to code into the game. plus what would be a reaosnable amount of time? and if you upgrade to a prime variant you would need to spend all that time all over again with the exact same powers and play style. by the time you've made your first 100,000 credits i find that most people have a good grip on their frame

I didn't mean an actual timer :P

An XP milestone shouldn't be too hard to code into the game. (although, I know nothing about coding)

Something like 15-20 million xp will net you the power upgrades.

Primes could have a different kind of power upgrade, perhaps?

I just feel like this should have some kind of meaningful way to achieve (people wish for more longevity), 100k credits is pretty easy to come by.

I didn't mean an actual timer :P

An XP milestone shouldn't be too hard to code into the game. (although, I know nothing about coding)

Something like 15-20 million xp will net you the power upgrades.

Primes could have a different kind of power upgrade, perhaps?

I just feel like this should have some kind of meaningful way to achieve (people wish for more longevity), 100k credits is pretty easy to come by.

fair enough. i suppose that would be reasonable

Maybe primes need less XP?

Edited by Akiba_Broax

Maybe primes need less XP?

Perhaps, or Primes could just have their power upgrades earned alongside the original version.

As in, once you unlock it for Excal, it's unlocked for Excal Prime as well.

Also, for anyone else reading here, I've updated the OP with some more powers/refinement.

Perhaps, or Primes could just have their power upgrades earned alongside the original version.

As in, once you unlock it for Excal, it's unlocked for Excal Prime as well.

Also, for anyone else reading here, I've updated the OP with some more powers/refinement.

i think this thread is down to just you and I buddy...

on topic: Frost- Cloak of Cryotic's 

All enemies near by frost take steady freeze damage and frost gets a medium sized defense buffs

:(

I'll add that Frost one to the OP.

Hopefully this thread picks up a bit more. I put a bit of effort into the post, haha.

well theres always copy and past man! plus it was bad timing what with all the posts about vau and the lot. and meanwhile after the implementation the only acually bad things ive seen is that ember takes a hit about  as well as nova does now. and the billions of bug posts afterwords.