Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9.8 - 9.8.4 Crashing Issues: Infothread!

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

If you're game has been freezing since 9.8, we're sorry. We thought we had the issue nailed down and have deployed a few Hot-fixes in efforts to solve the issue.

5:34 PM Edit: Hotfix 9.8.5 imminent with potential fix, thank you to all the helpful Tenno up to this point.

Since making this post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/104222-hotfix-984/page-5#entry1202058, we've laid out what we need from our agents in the field to solve this issue.

We know few cases produce a WAR - ##### as the game needs to be forced quit.

If you haven't already submitted your EE.log to support and are affected by this, please do.
If you would like to also share the steps taken to reproduce this in your ticket or this thread, please do.

Some key questions are: were you Hosting a mission or did you join as a Client? How many players were in your session? Does it only occur in lobbies/matches? EDIT: Are you launching through Steam? Likely unrelated.

We've gathered a lot of info from this thread (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102901-98-983-game-is-crashing-when-hosting/) as well as several others.

Thanks to all those who are relaying their reports, we're working on solving this right now.

Just crashed again, same as before. :(

Don't believe I was hosting when it happened, but there were 4 players connected.  Crashed between rescuing hostage and evac.  Symptoms were: screen-freeze, ambient sounds persisted, but ultimately greyed-out (Windows 7) with "application not responding" error.  Next time I'll try to remember to get the crash dump.

Just crashed again, same as before. :(

Don't believe I was hosting when it happened, but there were 4 players connected.  Crashed between rescuing hostage and evac.  Symptoms were: screen-freeze, ambient sounds persisted, but ultimately greyed-out (Windows 7) with "application not responding" error.  Next time I'll try to remember to get the crash dump.

Are you running the game in 32-bit or 64-bit mode?

I tried launching game both in x32 and x64 modes and without DX11 - no difference. Game freezes only when I host AND when there's more than 2 players (3rd player comes = immidiate freeze in the middle of mission)

Not a Steam version

Edited by Tremern

I tried launching game both in x32 and x64 modes and without DX11 - no difference. Game freezes only when I host AND when there's more than 2 players (3rd player comes = immidiate freeze in the middle of mission)

Not a Steam version

Quick Update:

Problem persists on both 32bit and 64bit versions. Changing this did not fix the problem. Dual Cores seem to be the main problem.

I know a lot of friends that have crashed due to dual core pc's.

Noted!

Are you running the game in 32-bit or 64-bit mode?

I'm not sure.  There was never an option for it, nor do I see one now that I look.  Though I *am* running 64-bit Win7.  Also, my cpu is an Intel Core2 6600, gpu is an Nvidia 9800GT,and I have 4 GB's RAM.

I crashed standing in a Void mission in front of a door that would not open for me and a teammate (other 2 could go through just fine). I was doing nothing.. no explosions, enemies or anything.

3 minutes after i crashed while chatting in the main menu.

Can't give WAR number coz even the Crash report crashes! :/

Another quick update:

My clanmate M4DD0X has a quadcore i7 and only used two of his cores for one match just now, which he hosted and we had four players. He did NOT crash.

Therefore it is restricted to Dual Cores as it seems. Whether only Intel or AMD too, I do not know as of yet, a clanmate will use his AMD one soon.

Confirming to experience this issue as well

Running on AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+   (Yeah yeah, i know it's old)

Glad to know i'm not crazy. i've been careful to only join game and cancel games immediatly if it gets me to host, but i have little control over that if in mid game host migration falls to me. Kinda sucks :x

There we go, it is also affecting AMD CPUs.