Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Idea, New Warframe Concept - The Inventor.

NeoFitus_RUS

From our clan want to present an idea about the next warframe, that (possibly) would drop from new Corpus boss. And here we go...

Background warframe Invetnor .
We are receiving more and more information on Corpus' researches of the secret technologies of Orokin. We suspect that it's the same technology on which our suits are based. If the similar technology falls not into right hands... We need to destroy Corpus' researche lab and the head of the project (name of the boss) and to catch data researches.

Warframe Inventor ,Turret and Drone.
59c4aad483fb.jpg

Base statistics:

image22png_5570461_9094665.png

Skills:
1) Turret (Costs 25 energy):Invetnor set a 1/1/2/2 turret(s). Turret can be placed only on horizontal surface, it has enemy detection sensors in 20 m radius, time of living - 50 sec. (fixed). It shoots with high calibre bullets that ignores of armor.
*Fire rate = 15;
*Accuracy = 85%;
*Damage = 50/60/70/80(Can be modified)
after the death of one of the turrets it can be replaced with a new one.

2) Magnetic Shield (Costs 50 energy):Invetnor create an individual magnetic shield that keeps him from 700/1000/1300/1600 (can be modified) of distant damage, at the end (or when the point of damage will be reached) of the ability create powerful electromagnetic impuls that stuns the organic enemy for 5 seconds and syntetic (moa, drones) for 7 seconds and the radius of the energy pulse 10 m.

3) Warden (Costs 75 energy):Invetnor release the drone that slows the enemy with help of magnetic rays on 70% (fixed).
Drone can fly away from warframe only in 10 m radius.
*Duration: 15/20/25/30 sec. (can be modified);
*Enemies can be slowed: 3/4/5/6 (fixed).
*And increases damage seized goals 15/20/25/30%.
If the target of magnetic ray is dead drone can choose another one.

4) Swarm (Costs 100 energy) :Invetnor activate and release the swarm of nano mosquitoes that destroys enemy's shields and makes them more sensitive for elemental attacks of all types
*More damage from elemental attack: 30%/50%/70%/90% (can be modified)
*mosquitoes can fly in 20 m radius (can be modified)
*Duration - 35 sec.(can be modified).
This ability can't be activated in the air. Effects from swarms can not be combined.

Would be very glad if you consider and assess the work. Thank you for your attention.

Edited by NetXa4am

I actually would love a turret. and nano swarms sound kind of like Saryn's ability.  Electromagnetic pulse to knock shields offline would be great, and an additional flying drone would be fun, but kind of redundant with the "pets" that are already in the game.  

Overall though a "corpus Based" warframe would be incredibly cool and I am upvoting this idea.

Hello. This warframe is very interesting and i hope developers wiil add it. But nuber of torrets may be increase to 3. And, I suppose that slowdown better change to incrase the damage. But this is only my opinion.

3-rd skill already makes enemies less protected from elem. attack.

It's a good an interesting idea, but the use of proxies and pets beyond a sentinel doesn't exactly scream "Warframe!" or "Tenno!" And the concept art, while very cool and well done, is a throw even further from these concepts, lacking the organic and streamlined look of the other Frames. The one problem I can see with his stated stats is that his magnetic shield does the same thing as Rhino's Iron Skin, but even more effectively and with an added stun, and I do not think the addition of a duration quite makes up for this. Especially when that duration is, relatively speaking, a long time.

There could potentially be a problem with him intruding upon Vauban's role as a trapper/combat engineer as well, as the turrets and teslas are very similar, the main difference being the introduction of a limit to compensate for armor ignore and higher fire rate. However, the rest of his abilities--seemingly focused on stripping shields and elemental resistances--are different enough from Vauban's approach to traps that Inventor could likely find an adjacent but seperate niche.

I feel that, if implemented, this would be a decently fun frame to play as, and it is fairly well thought out. However, as a storywriter worldbuilding is my passion and I personally cannot get over the gaps in flavor. Fun as it would be, I'm afraid my opinion must end up on the reluctantly negative side.

Edited by Siubijeni

It's a good an interesting idea, but the use of proxies and pets beyond a sentinel doesn't exactly scream "Warframe!" or "Tenno!" And the concept art, while very cool and well done, is a throw even further from these concepts, lacking the organic and streamlined look of the other Frames. The one problem I can see with his stated stats is that his magnetic shield does the same thing as Rhino's Iron Skin, but even more effectively and with an added stun, and I do not think the addition of a duration quite makes up for this. Especially when that duration is, relatively speaking, a long time.

There could potentially be a problem with him intruding upon Vauban's role as a trapper/combat engineer as well, as the turrets and teslas are very similar, the main difference being the introduction of a limit to compensate for armor ignore and higher fire rate. However, the rest of his abilities--seemingly focused on stripping shields and elemental resistances--are different enough from Vauban's approach to traps that Inventor could likely find an adjacent but seperate niche.

I feel that, if implemented, this would be a decently fun frame to play as, and it is fairly well thought out. However, as a storywriter worldbuilding is my passion and I personally cannot get over the gaps in flavor. Fun as it would be, I'm afraid my opinion must end up on the reluctantly negative side.

Its designed to be "corpus" warframe and be dropped be new boss Alad V(look stream 14).

Edited by Altey

Its designed to be "corpus" warframe and be dropped be new boss Alad V(look stream 14).

I get that it is designed to be Corpus influenced, but I seriously doubt the Tenno would use anything not of their own design. They would not use a Corpus-made frame, any more than they will use Corpus or Grineer-made weapons--they have their own versions of them, certainly, but those versions are generally better made and superior. That's the entire point of the ClanTech and lore of the labs.

That said, they might use a frame influenced by one used or made by Alad V, but it would be of their own make and almost certainly fit their more streamlined look, if influenced by Alad's.