Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"band-Aid Mods" Are Not A Good Solution

Brimir

Why not just fix the Glaive instead of putting these much needed fixes onto mods? You'll end up sacrificing mod slots/capacity which in the end will make the Glaive weaker than a melee weapon that doesn't have to use these mods to reach it's full potential.

Same problem with all these Stamina/Block mods you've added; aside from the random LOKI who just gotta go fast or the RHINO who doesn't want to go slow, nobody is going to give up their very limited mod slots for these mods - mods that  just like with the Glaive should've been built into the game already (block should be a viable defense by default!)

When Scott (I think it was?) stated that he was baffled that nobody used the Stamina mods they added to "band-aid" the Stamina nerf, I couldn't help but /facepalm. It should be obviously why nobody used them and why they had to revert the changes instead.

What you need is more mod slots (mod capacity is rarely a problem on Warframes due to Auras) on Warframes if this is the route you're planning to take. Perhaps make them exclusive, like Aura slots, for movement/block mods. Or, y'know, you could fix stuff without adding tons of useless mods to the big RNG machine. Then maybe I can get that special mod I am looking for...

Edited by Brimir

i believe block should only decrease stamina when youre hit, not DoT.

i disagree with the glaive aspect though. some people like playing pinball, some people want to target each enemy, others like to go bowling for moas.

so i agree 50%

Why not just fix the Glaive instead of putting these much needed fixes onto mods? You'll end up sacrificing mod slots/capacity which in the end will make the Glaive weaker than a melee weapon that doesn't have to use these mods to reach it's full potential.

Same problem with all these Stamina/Block mods you've added; aside from the random LOKI who just gotta go fast or the RHINO who doesn't want to go slow, nobody is going to give up their very limited mod slots for these mods - mods that  just like with the Glaive should've been built into the game already (block should be a viable defense by default!)

When Scott (I think it was?) stated that he was baffled that nobody used the Stamina mods they added to "band-aid" the Stamina nerf, I couldn't help but /facepalm. It should be obviously why nobody used them and why they had to revert the changes instead.

What you need is more mod slots (mod capacity is rarely a problem on Warframes due to Auras) on Warframes if this is the route you're planning to take. Perhaps make them exclusive, like Aura slots, for movement/block mods. Or, y'know, you could fix stuff without adding tons of useless mods to the big RNG machine. Then maybe I can get that special mod I am looking for...

hey, you can get more slots with the new and shiny referal system, cool right?

The reflection mod looks like a lot of fun, but I only put it on my Excalibur, which is generally a thief build, but where I like to throw odd mods like heavy impact in. I can possibly see ash using it as well, but it just seems like a gimmick-y mod, not worth changing too many loadouts for.

Honestly, the most logical move would've been(and should've been!) to make nightmare mode mods out of these--things with dual stats. Increase bounce AND boost damage. Decrease bounce AND boost stun. Add puncture AND speed. That would actually make them far more interesting/viable.

That being said, it's always worth hoping that we will get dual-stat versions of these in the future.