Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Sotr Concepts] Warframes 2: Hawk, Ordnance, And Shaman

Siubijeni

The next installment of frames by myself (Siubijeni) and LegionVangaurd of the Shadows of the Round Table! This time, our clan-mate and friend Chapodeguezmen had some contributions as well!

Hawk, the Sovereign of Skies

Undisputed master of the skies, HAWK excels at maneuvering herself around the battlefield. Her Warframe bears a unique series of jump jets and directional thrusters that can power her through energy efficient lunges and agile turns, and can generate enough lift to briefly take to the skies when the situation requires it. She bears a grapnel hook she affectionately calls her talons, and by feeding large amounts of power into her jets, she can overcharge them to achieve extreme speeds.

Hawk could be a good drop for the upcoming Alad V boss. The screenshots of his accompanying tileset look considerably more open than those of preceding tilesets, with the exception of a few cells on the Corpus ice planet. This suits an aerial mobility frame quite well. More, Alad V himself is described as one who prefers not to fight, letting his proxies do it for him. This indirect approach fits Hawk and her support emphasis wonderfully.

Barring this, we have no specific thoughts on Hawk's method of acquisition.

Thrust (25): Hawk fires up her thrusters, propelling herself into a powered lunge in whatever direction she currently has momentum. The backwash of her passage causes some minimal harm to enemies not properly shielded against the heat, and this ability can be activated in the air, granting Hawk unrivalled agility.
Range X/X/X/X meters
Speed X/X/X/X
Fire Damage X

Basically, whatever direction you’re moving in, you gain a movement boost in, while leaving a trail of minor fire damage as the backwash of Hawk’s thrusters. This ability does work to give some upward momentum, and so can be used as Hawk jumps to gain additional height. However, as the ability cannot be reactivated while still active, she can really only effectively use it for one vertical lift before gravity reclaims her, making the ability more about agility and maneuvering.

Soar (50): Hawk feeds more energy into her thrusters, propelling her into a parabolic arc after a short charge time. The initial thrust causes minor burns on unshielded enemies unfortunate enough to be nearby, and Hawk’s impact upon landing is significant enough to stagger or knockdown those unfortunate enough to be standing at her landing site.
Range X/X/X/X meters
Charge Time 3/2/1/0 seconds
Fire Damage/Radius X/Y
Impact Stagger Radius X

Enemies directly hit on impact, I should note, would likely be knocked down rather than staggered and take some moderate damage of whatever type it is that an ‘aerial slide’ attack does—I presume physics impact. Anyway, by activating Thrust directly after launching from Soar, you can increase the distance covered by this ability. Presumably, there would also be some way to reduce the distance covered, perhaps by holding the back key during your flight to airbrake.

Talon (25): Hawk fires her grapnel, which has a variety of utility uses. If latched on to an allied Tenno or enemy unit, the grapnel will begin to retract and pull them to her location. If it instead latches onto a piece of terrain, Hawk will be pulled towards the target location. If the grapnel has latched onto a target, Hawk may reactivate the ability to release her Talon’s grip before it has fully retracted.
Range X/X/X/X meters

This ability’s relocation of Hawk and her targets is not instantaneous, but rather an effect over 1-3 seconds, a duration related to the distance the Talon has traveled and therefore potentially increasing as the range of the Talon increases. Hawk can utilize this ability at any time, making for interesting synergies with her other skills. By activating soar to escape a group of enemies, and snagging a team-mate with the Talon as she flies overhead, she can extract squad members from potentially dangerous situations. Or she can snag a threatening unit, soar out over an abyss, and reactivate the ability early to drop them to their death. The Talon, similar to Loki and Ash’s teleport skills, CAN target downed Tenno, introducing yet another use for the grapnel. The Talon also interfaces with Tenno freerunning in that by grapneling to a wall while holding space, Hawk will move into a wall slide maneuver upon contact with the wall, opening a whole new range of possibilities.

Supersonic (100): Hawk latches her Talon to the ground beneath her or a wall she is sliding down, anchoring her firmly to the surface, while she feeds more and more energy into her thrusters. The emissions given off by the overcharged thrusters during this time can, unlike her previous abilities, sometimes cause severe burns on unshielded enemies. Just as her thrusters reach critical thrust, Hawk releases her Talon and blasts forward or away from the wall she took off from, triggering a shockwave and sonic boom that sends her enemies flying.
Charge Time 6/5/4/3
Ragdoll Effect Strength X/X/X/X
Ragdoll Effect Radius X
Fire Damage/Radius X/Y
Distance X

While this ability has the potential to deal more damage than any of Hawk’s other abilities, its true power lies in the sonic boom and air pressure wave accompanied by her supersonic lunge. Any enemy standing too close to Hawk’s path is struck by this blast and sent flying by potentially the most powerful knockback effect in the game. What this ability lacks in damage, it makes up for in its potential to control the battlefield and pave the way to the enemy’s total decimation. If launched from the ground, Hawk launches in the direction you aim, similar to Slash Dash. If launched from a wall, Hawk launches whichever way you aim your crosshairs, and upon intercepting the ground or obstacle Hawk is deflected to move parallel to that surface.

HP: 75 (225)
SHIELDS: 75 (225)
ENERGY: 150 (225)
ARMOR: 50
SPRINT: 1.2
AURA: Damage (V)
POLARITIES: Defense (D) and Damage (V)

Ordnance, the King amidst Corpses

When it comes to destructive potential, few are as well equipped as ORDNANCE. With his ability to focus and momentarily contain packets of his explosive energy, he effectively has an infinite supply of plasma grenades. With the mini-guns built into his gauntlets, he is capable of unleashing a flurry of furious lead at a moment’s notice, and the wrist-rockets mounted beneath the guns carry not only explosives, but a volatile payload of napalm to carpet the battlefield in fire. Finally, by directing massive amounts of energy through his systems, he can fire an unstable pulse of energy that simulates the explosion of a tactical nuke.

We have no specific thoughts on the method of acquisition for Ordnance at this time. However, I should note that we wanted his name to be Arsenal, but reluctantly used something else since someone used that as the name of their inventory system, not naming any names ;P

Grenade: Ordnance generates and throws a plasma grenade that follows a parabolic arc and bounces off structural obstacles. If the grenade strikes an enemy, its radiant energy will weld or sear the explosive to their armor or flesh, as both flesh and the materials used to make the armor of common marines and crewmen is much less durable than the high-strength materials used in construction. After 5 seconds, the grenade explodes and deals damage in a small area.
Damage X/X/X/X
Radius X/X/X/X meters

The Grineer and Corpus aren’t the only ones with grenades, and now you can join in the fun! Grenades are modest damage source, and a fair match for other 1st abilities--in fact, it might be a better source of damage than most due to its versatility. Fairly self-explanatory and straightforward.

Full Auto: Ordnance raises his arms and activates the mini-guns thereon. The sheer power of the miniguns reduces him to a slow walk as he fights to steady himself, but the damage output of the guns makes up for this disadvantage. Once the guns have discharged their full clip, the automated mechanism ejects the clip and moves the next into place, and Ordnance leaves behind bodies riddled with holes.
Duration 5/6/7/8 seconds
Damage X/X/X/X, Y times per second.

The accuracy of these guns is not perfect and Ordnance’s arms are not completely steady despite his best efforts to steady the guns, making the ability much more effective at closer ranges. Think of the guns as a cross between Twin Vipers and either the Gorgon or the Soma, in that they are somewhat more effective a weapon than Twin Vipers and larger caliber. In addition to not being a very efficient ability at longer ranges, the slower movement and turn rate makes the ability a risk to use when the Tenno can be flanked or taken by surprise.

Bombard: Ordnance raises an arm to fire several small rockets that deal small area damage and spread a carpet of napalm over a larger area. These rockets are fired rapidly, but one at a time, meaning Ordnance can focus them for a thicker carpet and massive damage around a priority target, or he can spread them out for maximum coverage.
Rockets Fired 3/4/5/6
Napalm Fire Damage X/X/X/X
Napalm Radius X meters
Rocket Damage/Radius X/Y

The ability is cast over the course of just over a second, which increases as the number of rockets to be fired increases. The pause between rockets averages perhaps half a second, allowing the Tenno in question to slightly adjust their aim between rockets if they so desire. The napalm radius remains the same, as does the relatively low rocket damage and radius, since they serve mainly as a delivery method for the napalm. Fusion increases the number of rockets Ordnance can fire at once, and probably packs a more potent chemical mixture into the warheads, increasing the damage the carpet of fire deals out. A denser carpet can deal more damage to those caught within, but is easier for the victims to escape.

Nuke: Ordnance arms and plants a tactical nuke that he can detonate at will. In the mean time, he wields the detonator and his sidearm similar to how a Tenno carrying a datamass operates. When the Nuke goes off, the explosion does respectable damage, and the accompanying radiation poisons those nearby, especially heavily armored units as they get cooked in their armor.
Duration 30 seconds
Radiation (Poison) DoT X
Radiation Heavy Armor 150%
Radition Radius X/X/X/X
Explosion Damage X/X/X/X
Explosion Radius X/X/X/X

If Ordnance is facing a wall, crate, enemy, or etc, he will attach the nuclear mine to that surface. If there is nothing nearby, he will instead plant it at his feet. While he holds the detonator he is restricted to his side-arm, and if he hasn’t detonated it by the time the duration ends it blows up of its own accord. The Radiation damage is likely poison-based and does half again as much damage to heavily armored units as it cooks them inside their armor.

LegionVangaurd would like a projectile version of this ability, but we're a little torn flavor wise. Should we pursue a sort of unstable energy 'nuke' projectile as his ultimate, or do people like the Tac mine?

HP: 100 (300)
SHIELDS: 100 (300)
ENERGY: 100 (150)
ARMOR: 100
SPRINT: 1.0
AURA: Defense (D)
POLARITIES: Damage (V) and Support (-)

Shaman, the Lord of the Elements

Mastery of the elements makes SHAMAN a useful addition to any squad. Shaman has the ability to fire elemental projectiles of various types, and unleash bursts of energy tied to the various elements. Depending on his current attunement, he can protect or empower himself with his powers, and as a warrior able to utilize every element, he can summon and combine his powers into a devastating blast of focused energy.

We have no specific thoughts on Shaman's method of acquisition at this time.

Lash: Shaman fires a bolt of elemental energy, lashing out at his foes. The element of the bolt fired is whichever comes next in his rotation, and his other abilities become attuned to this element as well, slightly changing their effects.
Elemental Rotation Fire/Poison/Ice/Electric
Damage X/X/X/X

Used to switch between Shaman’s elemental affinities, as well as a lightly damaging attack. Shaman starts each match on a random affinity, and moves through the list rightwards (wrapping). Pretty straightforward an ability.

Eruption: Shaman fires a radial burst of his current element, dealing radial damage of the appropriate type and inflicting a slight debuff based on his element. Foes unfortunate enough to be caught in a burst of fire will be set afire and panic, while those struck by a poisonous cloud will have their armor eaten away. If Shaman uses this ability as ice, enemies struck will be frozen solid, and if the ability is instead electrified, enemies targeted by this radial wave will be stunned by it’s impact.
Damage X/X/X/X
Radius X
Debuff Duration X/X/X/X seconds

This ability would have a relatively small radius that does not scale with leveling, but is affected by Stretch. Instead, the abilities growth is invested in the damage and effect applied by the elemental nova. For example, poison reduces armor by 50% for the duration, while ice freezes for the duration, lightning stuns for the duration, and fire burns and panics for the duration. The damage of this ability is not spectacular, and is mostly a delivery system for the debuff.

Ascension: Shaman turns his energy inward, buffing himself and granted a temporary resistance to his element. Depending on his current affinity, this shield grants an additional buff. Shaman’s inner fire can grant him temporary health regeneration, but by extinguishing that fire he can grant himself a temporary increase in shields. On the other hand, by channeling the sky’s fiery energy he can increase his marksmanship, or he can focus on the hunter’s relentless cunning and apathy, resulting in an increase to melee damage.
Duration X/X/X/X
Buff Strength X/X/X/X
Elemental Resistance X%

This ability would be fun to use, as it can twist Shaman into the appropriate warrior for the situation at hand. By using lash to switch elements and activating another aura, Shaman CAN have more than one buff active at a time, but there is a catch. Fire and Ice, as opposites, will cancel each other out, while poison and lightning will do the same. Do you take the health, or the shields? Gun or Blade? And how, then, do you combine the two aspects? It’s up to Shaman… and you!

Cataclysm: Shaman channels the destructive forces of all four elements, combining them into a directional blast of unparalleled strength. The elements can somtimes inflict their usual debuff resulting in slowed, burning, poisoned, and sometimes stunned survivors.
Range X
Radius/Cone X/X/X/X
Damage Per Element X/X/X/X

This ability, unlike other ultimates, is directional destruction, not radial and covers an area similar to Slash Dash or Rhino Charge--albeit in a wider radius/cone. Shaman fires a blast with all four elements mixed, with a decent range that doesn’t scale as you level it. Instead, the destructive blast gets wider and covers more of an area from Shaman. The Damage scales a bit as you level up, but not very much because you’re already getting a fixed amount from all four elements of damage with chances to apply their elemental affects that comes from weapons.

HP: 125 (375)
SHIELDS: 125 (375)
ENERGY: 100 (150)
ARMOR: 75
SPRINT: .9
AURA: Support (-)
POLARITIES: Defense (D) and Support (-)

As a note on inspiration:

Warframe is very interesting in that as warriors that have been reawoken from Cryosleep, with little to no memory of who they are, they make for wonderful characters. Ash, Loki, Mag... those are code names and callsigns, but because they can't remember so much, they are almost like real names, too. This lends wonderfully to their characters as blank slates, and as a writer I cannot help but envision them as distinct personalities. To this end, Hawk was intended to serve as a sort of younger sister to Loki--not literally, but Hawk looks up to Loki and has figuratively adopted him as such.
Think about it. Loki is a mischievous trickster, true, but he is calm and in control, always able to twist the battlefield to his Squad's advantage. Hawk aspires to be exactly that to the battlefield, and tries to imitate her brother's cunning, but her approach and personality are entirely opposite. Where Loki is cautious, looking before he leaps, Hawk will fly recklessly into combat. Where Loki carefully controls the warzone with pinpoint abilities, Hawk improvises daring rescues and executes impulsive attacks to remove problematic enemies. Different though they be, Hawk and Loki are truly siblings in a sense, as each attempts to control the battlefield in their own way and each has the potential to completely rearrange an encounter and save their squad's a lot of grief.

TL;DR - Hawk is a mobility and support frame with the ability to be wherever her team needs her

TL;DR - Ordnance is a heavy-weapons frame with no supportive abilities and a plethora of offensive attacks

TL;DR - Shaman is an elemental frame, with a mix of self and team buffs based upon the element he currently channels

As always, contructive criticism is appreciated. Have fun with the new frames! Which is your favorite? And finally, here are the other installments of our warframes!

Part 1: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/109138-sotr-warframes-part-i-changeling-era-and-sanguine/
Part 3: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114048-sotr-warframes-part-3-twinframe-chimera-and-hybrid/

Edited by Siubijeni

I haven't actually seen ANY of the design council proposals and don't know where to find them or even if non-Founders can see them or comment/vote on them. I was under the impression not.

Regardless, I just saw your re-post of Hawk, and actually directed you here XD Funny how small the world is. What do you think of me and Vangaurd's Hawk? I rather like it, and it would be a wonderful support frame and be fun as heck to play.

I haven't actually seen ANY of the design council proposals and don't know where to find them or even if non-Founders can see them or comment/vote on them. I was under the impression not.

Regardless, I just saw your re-post of Hawk, and actually directed you here XD Funny how small the world is. What do you think of me and Vangaurd's Hawk? I rather like it, and it would be a wonderful support frame and be fun as heck to play.

I still wish Hawk Warframe beat Nova, and Nekros... I mean after the Hawk poll would have came the what powers should it have poll and I am sure what would happen to hawk would have been sorted out with interesting abilities... sad we got God Warframes instead, they are still fun, but I do wish the next warframe will be Hawk Warframe... Even your designs are quire amazing.

Indeed, and thank you. I quite like the idea of Hawk as a mobility-based support frame. And if DE ever does make alternate abilities for the frames, as I've heard rumors for, some people I've conversed with have suggested two abilities for a Hawk-style warframe that while I don't think they'd be good as replacements for any of the abilities Vangaurd and I have designed, they would be cool as alternates: an ability that would be a jump or aerial maneuver with the addition of slow-fall as a sort of glide, and an ability inspired by Peregrine falcons, a sort of dive that would deal bonus or multiplied damage based on the distance of the fall/height of the frame above the point of impact.

Hawk is a warframe that fits into the game perfectly as it is. More, I've heard rumors and seen concept of a grappling hook that development is considering adding. While that created quite the uproar, as players did not like the vast changes such an item would bring to a game that already has such an expansive parkour system, I feel that a warframe with a similar mechanic as one of his abilities, a mechanic that very much fits his theme and would therefore be an advantage in mobility and utility he has to compensate for both his relative fragility and lack of direct-damage abilities. What is a bird of prey without his Talon?

Really, Vangaurd? I thought you liked your "Black Hawk Down! Black Hawk Down!" quote? Ah well, such is life. I have not moved on, no worries Hawk! You're still my favorite! My non-existant vote goes to you!
Seriously, though, he probably requires the least balancing to put in the game, I would say. He's a fairly straight-forward frame, with a simple but useful focus, and a flavor I personally find quite compelling. I'd grab and main him ASAP if he made it in.

I'm kind of surprised these haven't gotten as many comments as our first three. Then again there have been a lot of topics posted lately and these keep getting pushed to the second page... they have like a third as many views as the other one.

Love all the Warframe concepts well thought out and everything. But the problem is We already have enough warframes we have 15 warframes and 13 Planets. With a Limited Faction of Enemies. 

I might suggest also trying to add in a New Planet in order to allow more frames to come into play.

You might have a good read on this

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/112389-warframe-concept-guide/

You and your clan-mates already seem to have the Warframe concept down, 

Just need to find a way how they come into the game and how to obtain them (Other than Platinum) 

@StrangeCandy, so much yes! Given the new tilesets shown by DE, the ones I assume are accompanying Alad V, it would even make sense for an aerial warframe in that environment--they look considerably more open than the ones that have come so far, with the possible exception of a few tiles on the Corpus ice world. Hawk has a good chance, I think.

@ThatGuyHD, the thing is, that's kind of up to the Devs. They have their ideas as for the direction of the planets and stuff... I mean, they're getting fixed up to introduce Alad V and his place, and I doubt that's as far as they have planned. While I have absolutely nothing against suggesting planets and bosses, we feel they are completely different concepts than the Warframes, and are best left separate and mostly up to the Devs. If they like a warframe, they can put it with whatever boss, planet, or acquisition method they feel fits, be that one inspired by an idea here on the forums or one they have planned now or in the future.

That's not to say if we think of a good boss fight or world concept, we won't post it. But it will not be in the same topic as any of our warframes, because the ideas are best left seperate and distinct, especially if (or rather, since) we hope the devs may pick up some of the better concepts. They are easier to adopt and piece together without dangling odds and ends.

Edited by Siubijeni

@StrangeCandy, so much yes! Given the new tilesets shown by DE, the ones I assume are accompanying Alad V, it would even make sense for an aerial warframe in that environment--they look considerably more open than the ones that have come so far, with the possible exception of a few areas on the Corpus ice world. Hawk has a good chance, I think.

@ThatGuyHD, the thing is, that's kind of up to the Devs. They have their ideas as for the direction of the planets and stuff... I mean, they're getting fixed up to introduce Alad V and his place, and I doubt that's as far as they have planned. While I have absolutely nothing against suggesting planets and bosses, we feel they are completely different concepts than the Warframes, and are best left separate and mostly up to the Devs. If they like a warframe, they can put it with whatever boss, planet, or acquisition method they feel fits, be that one inspired by an idea here on the forums or one they have planned now or in the future.

That's not to say if we think of a good boss fight or world concept, we won't post it. But it will not be in the same topic as any of our warframes, because the ideas are best left seperate and distinct, especially if (or rather, since) we hope the devs may pick up some of the better concepts. They are easier to adopt and piece together without dangling odds and ends.

True Enough but as much as I read up on everything happening with the game, 

The DE_ do not know they true end goal. They want as much feed back and ideas from the players to help improve the game. 

Meaning the game is basically ours and theirs. They can put what ever they see fit pretty much, but we can suggest what to add in or alas float a idea at HQ which would help with anything into the future. 

I am sure they are coming up with ideas a HQ on to how to add in a lot of these warframes. My Perception on the guide Helps the Creative boat at HQ. 

I'm not entirely saying that you must include a Novel on your warframe. But adding the materials you need would Suggest

"DE_(4): Hey we really like this war frame but how can we add it in. The current status of the game now doesn't allow this frame to be put in."

"DE_(1): Well I noticed that this player has suggested some types of materials"

"DE_(4): Oh Really that gives me a slight idea on how we should add these materials in!"

"DE_(7): I was skimming through the concepts I saw this one player suggest New Planet and Enemies which can help expound upon you and that players idea DE_(4). It seems that this enemy and planet could consist of that type of material and also add in a few more factors" 

Not saying that's how it goes down back at HQ but it could be like that haha

~Edit: 

Would like to thank you Sd gave me a great counter argument: I figured you would ^ -^' 

Edited by ThatGuyHD

The DE_ do not know they true end goal. They want as much feed back and ideas from the players to help improve the game. 

Meaning the game is basically ours and theirs. They can put what ever they see fit pretty much, but we can suggest what to add in or alas float a idea at HQ which would help with anything into the future.

~Edit: 

Would like to thank you Sd gave me a great counter argument: I figured you would ^ -^' 

Yes, but that doesn't mean everything has to be suggested in large packages. Suggesting a Warframe with a planet and boss to go along with it could make it easier for them, but if there's an aspect of the idea they don't like it can reflect upon the rest of the package as well--no matter how hard we try, people aren't fully objective by nature and everything is colored by its environment. It's better, to Vangaurd and I's thinking, to suggest everything seperately, and merely note potential. Warframes aren't the only thing we've been working on, just the only thing we've gotten ironed out enough to post.

My earlier point was simply that things are better adopted and put together in smaller pieces--whether those pieces were designed to go together or not, they can be repurposed and utilized whereever their placement would flow best. More, simply because I think--albeit with what I view as good reason--that Hawk is perfect for the new tileset and boss, that doesn't mean he'll be utilized there even if DE agrees. They may already have a frame in mind for Alad V to drop (although, incidentally, his dislike of combat and penchant for evasion fit with Hawk as a mobility-based control frame, as well). But the beauty of small, detailed pieces is that even given that, if they agree that Hawk fits better, chances are he could be switched in and that other frame used elsewhere with a minimum of trouble.

Yes, but that doesn't mean everything has to be suggested in large packages. Suggesting a Warframe with a planet and boss to go along with it could make it easier for them, but if there's an aspect of the idea they don't like it can reflect upon the rest of the package as well--no matter how hard we try, people aren't fully objective by nature and everything is colored by its environment. It's better, to Vangaurd and I's thinking, to suggest everything seperately, and merely note potential. Warframes aren't the only thing we've been working on, just the only thing we've gotten ironed out enough to post.

My earlier point was simply that things are better adopted and put together in smaller pieces--whether those pieces were designed to go together or not, they can be repurposed and utilized whereever their placement would flow best. More, simply because I think--albeit with what I view as good reason--that Hawk is perfect for the new tileset and boss, that doesn't mean he'll be utilized there even if DE agrees. They may already have a frame in mind for Alad V to drop (although, incidentally, his dislike of combat and penchant for evasion fit with Hawk as a mobility-based control frame, as well). But the beauty of small, detailed pieces is that even given that, if they agree that Hawk fits better, chances are he could be switched in and that other frame used elsewhere with a minimum of trouble.

Read everything you wrote

Only thing I can say is:

"Art Imitates Life

Life Imitates Art

How far will your open and creative mind take you through the Art of Life?

"

To keep it ON TOPIC for You and I are going too Off on your Own Thread. 

~

Liking the Frame concept and the abilities 

What do you plan on the Frames to Look like?

Edited by ThatGuyHD

Working on concept art, but the thing is I'm the only decent artist in my group and my main weak-point is unfortunately people. That applies equally to the organic and flowing feel of the warframes, because I've yet to come up with a half-way decent rendering of them. This latest attempt is looking better, but I'm still working at it. If you'll settle for brief descriptions for the moment:

Hawk:

Of average height amongst the warframes, and slender--not skinny like Nekros, but lithe like a martial artist. A narrow network of slightly raised veins marks his body and limbs, with directed blisters marking his jump-jets. These blisters aren't left wide open and vulnerable, but cradled within depressions and wrapped around by his warframe's skin, leaving only the nozzles exposed. Detailing similar to Excalibur's is visible on the fore-arms, but a closer inspection reveals a feathery motif. His helmet is plain on the front, bearing little adornment, but sweeps back into wings along the sides.

Ordnance:

Heavily built and armored, Ordnance resembles nothing as much as a walking tank. He is not as physically large as Frost or Rhino, but imposing none-the-less. His large and powerful gauntlets have mechanisms similar to Ash's wrist-blades upon their back, but these are mini-guns with concealed belt-feeds and ammo storage. A curved and thorn-like extension extends slightly forward from the underside of each gauntlet, the system he uses to generate his infinite supply of plasma grenades. His helmet resembles a death's head in shape, but is--like most warframes--unmarked and mysterious.

Shaman:

Shaman is of average build amonst the warframes, not particular slender or heavily built, not particularly tall or short. He bears a single pauldron on his left shoulder, covered in spikes and thorns and wrapping around the right side of his chest into a heavy collar. Heavy bracers worn on each fore-arm repeat the motif, while all three pieces of armor display his current elemental affinity. Hanging from his waist is an armored belt-spat that bears the same spikes and thorns as the other plates, but does not change to show his elemental affinity. In the front, the garmet is shorter and narrower, resembling the lower part of a tabard, while in the rear it is similar to the uniforms worn by Volt and Frost. Last of all is his helm--the face is as featureless as most of the other frames, but all around it shows the themes of a warrior of the elements, of nature. The sides are as caps of bone, while all around the top he bears a crown of spikes and thorns. Most notable of all is the short tail composed of these same projections, extending from the back of his helm to the small of his back.

Please bear in mind these are my own descriptions and visions, not necessarily shared exactly with Vangaurd and the others. In truth, we have discussed little on the subject, because until and unless we can come up with decent drawings it does not matter how we picture them. More, DE will have their own contributions to any design we did put forward, the point being that so long as the end result matches their theme, we will be happy. For Hawk, a lighter build is in order, with some evidence of his jump jets and perhaps an indicator of his bird-like inspirations. For Ordnance, he's a walking tank: think Iron Man and you can't go wrong. For Shaman, not only a reflection of his elemental ties, but also his nature as someone more savage and someone tied to nature (thorns motif makes me happy, but that's not the only way to go).

Edited by Siubijeni

i love the hawk idea. for ordinance though, i think it would be pretty sweet for when bombard is activated, he fires the rockets from his chest, not his arms. If you have played mortal kombat, i mean he should fire his rockets into the air like sektor does, leaned far back with panel doors opening on his chest and the rockets bursting forth one at a time.

Hawk:

Of average height amongst the warframes, and slender--not skinny like Nekros, but lithe like a martial artist. A narrow network of slightly raised veins marks his body and limbs, with directed blisters marking his jump-jets. These blisters aren't left wide open and vulnerable, but cradled within depressions and wrapped around by his warframe's skin, leaving only the nozzles exposed. Detailing similar to Excalibur's is visible on the fore-arms, but a closer inspection reveals a feathery motif. His helmet is plain on the front, bearing little adornment, but sweeps back into wings along the sides.

I like the way you think. But I'm more of a fan of pronounced jetpacks/jump-jets. Sorta like these. If you would like to see them in action, watch the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer "Decieved"

SWTOR_BountyFireAll.jpg

star-wars-the-old-republic-bounty-hunter

You have no idea how much happy you brought on with the Mandalorian picture: I am a hardcore fandalorian.
Anyway, the approach we took is to emphasize his agility and mobility. The thrusters on his back need certainly be larger as there needs to be some significant level of thrust for him to use his more impressive abilities. However, he does need to remain flexible and light, meaning his directional jets should be fairly small and unobtrusive.

I'm thinking a combination of the nozzles on this jetpack:

DarkTrooper.jpg

and the more recessed, built-in design of Master Chief's thrusters in Halo 4. See this video at around 0:55 for a fair view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhlyDjldwY

The attitudinal jets would be similar in design but smaller. The emphasis is that the nozzles look like they are well-integrated with and part of the frame.

Edited by Siubijeni

Oya vode! and i could dig the recessed thrusters.

YOU......YOU BROUGHT THE DARK TROOPER INTO THIS......LET ME LOVE YOU!!!

(as far as posting images goes, just drag and drop it into the box)

*EDIT*

not sure how the blazes this slipped my mind, but Samus' thrusters on her Varia Suit! It's exactly what's needed! (in my opinion)

Varia_Suit_Render_Gene_Kohler.png

Edited by StrangeCandy