Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Offline? Lan?

FifteenPotatoes

Warframe hold one little issue for me, it cannot be played offline- as a student at a boarding school this is somewhat annoying. I understand that the majority of those who play Warframe have a regular, easy access to Warframe which is great. But for those who can't often log in find that they get back from six or seven weeks of not playing Warframe and find that they nedd to relearn everything- this is a right pain as I find that as soon as I get back into the swing of it, I have to go back to school.

I also have a few mates at school and on long Sundays with nothing to do we often discuss that we would like to play Warframe and being able to set up a LAN network wpuld be great fun.

I understand that there may not be many features available - such as the market as this requires a connection, and I appreciate that.

But still, being able to play Warframe offline would be greatly appreciated- even if by just a few.

I personally think there should be a way to play Offline with your current online equipment, where your profile isn't saved back to the cloud upon reconnection. When you do have internet access your offline profile should be updated with your Online stats when you close the game.

- Doesn't enable the potential for hacks/cheats in online gameplay

- Shouldn't be any extra stress on the servers (The client already has most information it requires)

- Allows for conditional offline play (JustForFun)

Problem is, being able to play offline means that no synchronization with the DE-Server is required, that means that cheating is very very veeeery easy (because everything needs to be client-side if it should be able to play offline), so that there would be no problem to manipulate your credits, xp, etc...and because of this, no, no offline play.

In Diablo 2 for example, you could not play with your offline-charaters online, you had to create online-charaters for that (which where stored on the blizzard servers, so that there wouldn't be manipulation), so this is basically the same thing.

Being able to play completely offline = being very vulnerable to cheating.

Playing offline would mean that every stat is saved locally on your drive.

With the right tools you could get everything you want. 999k Platinum would be no problem.

Needing internet to play is justified, although painful sometimes...

Eh... I feel about the same about this as I do Diablo 3's online requirement. I don't see why there cannot be an offline mode of the game, you just don't allow people to have characters overlap: meaning you have an offline character and online one. That way it doesn't matter what manner of cheating or hacking is done. So long as the online characters were the only things allowed to play with one another.

And what if the offline profile is saved seperately from the online profile? As in, no interaction between those two. Both would be completely independent "accounts", if you will, with both their own unique progress through the game. One could also import his online profile to the offline one to play with that one, but it wouldn't work vice versa.

Et voilá, people can't cheat themselves over 9000 platinum (has no real use apart from fancy numbers).

EDIT: Ninja'd, damn.

Edited by LxLawliet