Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Camouflage Mod/stat

FatRefrigerator

I think that there should be a stat for your "camouflage rating".

This rating would be what determines how easily an enemy can detect you.

I also have made a thread in the gameplay feedback forum about a new stealth mechanic for the game. The ideas I have for the stealth rating system would tie in with the mechanic I have come up with. The link to the thread for my stealth mechanic is:

https://forums.warfr...ealth-mechanic/

A positive camo rating would give the frame less of a chance of being detected

A neutral rating (0%) would make you just as stealthy as all frames are currently

A negative rating makes you easier to detect

Each frame would have a base camo rating:

These are just examples:

Rhino: -20% (it's a very large and heavy frame, big profile and loud footsteps)

Ember: -15% (fire-based frame, gives off a very large heat signature)

Mag: -10% (would give off a very large gravimetric and magnetic signature)

Trinity: -5% (Come on, its a healer, healers aren't stealthy)

Volt: 0% (no reason for this decision)

Loki: 0% (already has a cloaking ability, plus it's not meant for stealth. Sorry Loki fanboys)

Excalibur: 5% (its a melee/speed based frame, thus uses lighter materials and has softer footsteps)

Frost: 10% (cold/ice based frame, this low temperature masks its heat signature)

Nyx: 15% (uses mind control to cloud the minds of enemies, making them unaware of its presence)

Ash: 20% (master of stealth and deception, this would give it the boost it needs to shine)

Again, all these numbers are examples and how the percentages would be implemented is still on the table.

The stealth rating of frames can either be static or perhaps affected by mods and/or helmets.

Edit: In addition, I think that adding mods that improve your armor rating (or anything else that might add size or weight to your frame, theorectically if not visually) should have an adverse affect on your stealth rating.

Edit: The stealth stat overall should probably be capped at <50% at least, possibly even lower. This would be so that, even though your stealth rating improves(or deteriorates) your chances of remaining undetected, skill is still required to maintain stealth.

Please do remember to follow the link to my stealth mechanic thread to get the full story of how these ratings would affect gameplay.

Edited by FatRefrigerator

100% rating would mean AI will never see you even if you hit them in the face? I don't get your system.

As Ash, I have 80% of being seen in front of an enemy? Bullets make them detect us, so 20% of my bullets would startle them? So weird man. So weird.

It would fit a turn based game more than an action game.

100% rating would mean AI will never see you even if you hit them in the face? I don't get your system.

As Ash, I have 80% of being seen in front of an enemy? Bullets make them detect us, so 20% of my bullets would startle them? So weird man. So weird.

It would fit a turn based game more than an action game.

If you followed the link to my stealth mechanic you might know what i mean by this system.

The rating would come into effect while in the "clean slate" and "alerted" phases for enemies. If you shoot an enemy he enters the "hunting" phase and would be well aware of your presence.

The rating would be a modifier for how easy you are to be detected by the enemies and would affect the ranges and effectiveness of certain detection methods (i.e. sound, visual contact).

Edit: The reason I am not sure if I would want mods to affect this would be because of the ideal "100% stealth" frame. That is why I thought helmets would be a good way to affect the stealth rating. Or perhaps they can make it so you could only equip one stealth rating mod per frame and the mods would have a maximum of 10%.

Edited by FatRefrigerator

Well concerning stealth mods, you can introduce a cap. Power efficiency is capped at 100% which equals a 50% energy cost reduction.

you can put it however you like, I obviously did not intend for there to be a way to achieve 100% stealth. I think a cap of 30-35% would be good. 50% is still very large and would greatly reduce the skill required.

• 6 months later...