Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Reload Concerns And Downtime

Psychosist

I love the fact that there's finally a good bolt-action rifle in the game. I died the moment this weapon was released. I do have some griping concerns about the weapon itself, however.

Being a bolt-action rifle, it must be reloaded every shot (which is really cool). The problem with this is that there seems to be a momentary delay between a fired shot and the start of the reload process. I would expect after firing, the gun would recover from recoil and begin reloading. After the gun has recovered, there is about a ~0.4 second delay before reloading begins which cannot be alleviated by mods. This moment of pause is usually no problem on most weapons, but with a reload time of 1 second, it's very noticeable. Add to the fact that you reload after each shot and it's bothersome.

Please fix this for the Vectis.

Edit:

As of November 6th, this has since been fixed in Update 10.7.0 (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/128768-update-1070/)

Edited by Psychosist

Try max Shred and Speed Trigger. ;) 

Or see how much worse it is with max critical Delay.

I wasn't aware adding Fire Rate mods would have any effect on one shot weapons, never mind their reloads...

You really gonna complain that this weapon shoots every 1,4 seconds and not every 1,0? It should be 3.0 .

Actually, I am. Firing once every 1.4 seconds is not the way this gun should function, as that is nearly x1.5 times slower than its raw firing speed. If it has one shot and a reload of one second, I expect to shoot a shot every second, not slower.

I wasn't aware adding Fire Rate mods would have any effect on one shot weapons, never mind their reloads...

Actually, I am. Firing once every 1.4 seconds is not the way this gun should function, as that is nearly x1.5 times slower than its raw firing speed. If it has one shot and a reload of one second, I expect to shoot a shot every second, not slower.

RoF has no effect on Vectis. already debunked. so use Critical Delay to your heart's content, it has no negative aspect.

i concur. if a weapon is supposed to function in manner X - i expect it to function in manner X. not X+T.

You really gonna complain that this weapon shoots every 1,4 seconds and not every 1,0? It should be 3.0 .

3 seconds would make the weapon useless, when Accuracy weapons do already get outclassed by spammy guns quite often. we don't need more of the same.

honestly, i would be okay if the exact amount of time that the weapons is spent in limbo, was added to the reload time. i want to be reloading the gun after shooting, not waiting a while doing nothing. it's awkward. this is war, you don't stand around just thinking. if you need to reload, you damn well reload. otherwise you're asking to get killed.

i should fire, and almost instantly start reloading. if that means the reload ultimately is longer, sobeit. i just don't want my character to awkwardly stand there not doing anything, wondering if reloading is a good thing to do while enemies shoot back at you. 

Edited by taiiat

Bumping. Even with Speed Trigger and Fast Hands, it still feels too slow.

I feel like I should also bring up the fact that even though the Lanka must be charged before it fires, the charge can be shortened to 0.9 seconds and can be "pre-charged" (held down), so it's really faster than the Vectis in firing. The Vectis with a maxed Fast Hands should have a 0.7 reload, but there is really in fact a ~1.1+ second delay before the next shot can be fired.

Either buff Fast Hands to 50% (1s*0.5+0.40=roughly 0.90s delay) to match the firing speed of the Lanka or cut out the ~0.4 second delay between shots fired and reload cycles on this weapon.

I love the fact that there's finally a good bolt-action rifle in the game. I died the moment this weapon was released. I do have some griping concerns about the weapon itself, however.

Being a bolt-action rifle, it must be reloaded every shot (which is really cool). The problem with this is that there seems to be a momentary delay between a fired shot and the start of the reload process. I would expect after firing, the gun would recover from recoil and begin reloading. After the gun has recovered, there is about a ~0.4 second delay before reloading begins which cannot be alleviated by mods. This moment of pause is usually no problem on most weapons, but with a reload time of 1 second, it's very noticeable. Add to the fact that you reload after each shot and it's bothersome.

Please fix this for the Vectis.

I haven't tried it yet but have you tried manually reloading the gun as soon as you fire to circumnavigate this?

Bumping. Even with Speed Trigger and Fast Hands, it still feels too slow.

I feel like I should also bring up the fact that even though the Lanka must be charged before it fires, the charge can be shortened to 0.9 seconds and can be "pre-charged" (held down), so it's really faster than the Vectis in firing. The Vectis with a maxed Fast Hands should have a 0.7 reload, but there is really in fact a ~1.1+ second delay before the next shot can be fired.

Either buff Fast Hands to 50% (1s*0.5+0.40=roughly 0.90s delay) to match the firing speed of the Lanka or cut out the ~0.4 second delay between shots fired and reload cycles on this weapon.

spamming r increases the reload speed for vectis considerably. Try it. Seems $&*&*#(%& and they should improve reload without having to use R but I'll take anything to increase damage for now.

I haven't tried it yet but have you tried manually reloading the gun as soon as you fire to circumnavigate this?

spamming r increases the reload speed for vectis considerably. Try it. Seems $&*&*#(%& and they should improve reload without having to use R but I'll take anything to increase damage for now.

I have tried this after you've mentioned it but for me there is no difference in the downtime before the start of reloading.

Also, I have spent over an hour today looking for Vile precision to stack with Stabilizer to test if recoil had any effect on the total reload time of my Vectis. With -110% recoil (60 + 50), I found the total reload to start a bit earlier because the gun did not have to recover from recoil, but it was painfully obvious that the down time was there because even with no recoil I still witnesses a half second delay before reload would restart. Mashing my reload key doesn't work on Vectis for some reason.

I have tried this after you've mentioned it but for me there is no difference in the downtime before the start of reloading.

Also, I have spent over an hour today looking for Vile precision to stack with Stabilizer to test if recoil had any effect on the total reload time of my Vectis. With -110% recoil (60 + 50), I found the total reload to start a bit earlier because the gun did not have to recover from recoil, but it was painfully obvious that the down time was there because even with no recoil I still witnesses a half second delay before reload would restart. Mashing my reload key doesn't work on Vectis for some reason.

Did you have the reload speed mod on vectis? The spamming R seems to only work if you already have a reload mod on. Otherwise it is not noticeable.

Did you have the reload speed mod on vectis? The spamming R seems to only work if you already have a reload mod on. Otherwise it is not noticeable.

Fast Hands is on at all times. Downtime still present on my end. Hope it's not a frame rate thing, but I can usually fire my semiautomatic guns just fine.

RoF has no effect on Vectis. already debunked. so use Critical Delay to your heart's content, it has no negative aspect.

i concur. if a weapon is supposed to function in manner X - i expect it to function in manner X. not X+T.

3 seconds would make the weapon useless, when Accuracy weapons do already get outclassed by spammy guns quite often. we don't need more of the same.

honestly, i would be okay if the exact amount of time that the weapons is spent in limbo, was added to the reload time. i want to be reloading the gun after shooting, not waiting a while doing nothing. it's awkward. this is war, you don't stand around just thinking. if you need to reload, you damn well reload. otherwise you're asking to get killed.

i should fire, and almost instantly start reloading. if that means the reload ultimately is longer, sobeit. i just don't want my character to awkwardly stand there not doing anything, wondering if reloading is a good thing to do while enemies shoot back at you. 

I'm not sure who debunked it, but they have clearly not tested the difference for themselves. 

the difference between maxed critical delay and maxed Shred + speed trigger is noticeable on the Vectis. 

Fast Hands is on at all times. Downtime still present on my end. Hope it's not a frame rate thing, but I can usually fire my semiautomatic guns just fine.

Hmm..perhaps it is not working as I thought it should. I happen to have shred on my vectis with +30% fire rate. Any thoughts or observations?

Fire rate does help, I would love to see the "debunk" proof.

Get a buddy with Crit Delay, you equip Speed Trigger and see for yourself OP.

Don't just accept statements made as fact without proof.

Including mine.

I've tested it, had my stop watch out and everything and could have sworn my numbers ended up in this thread.