Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating A Dynamic Sol System : A Concept

neKroMancer

I would love this to tie in with these two ideas:

https://forums.warfr...strategy-moved/

Which would add parameters to missions in this sector to have many highly damaged ships that shake and tremor, Infested ships under attack filled with gas and radiation dumped there in an attempt to flush out the infestation!

And even better, add THIS

https://forums.warfr...fiers-a-rework/

So that sectors under attack are full of high-tier, organized enemy types, Grineer Mechs, attacked ships are being repaired by scrambling Corpus Engineers, and easier-to-kill Jackal units roam the area to cull down the enemy forces.

The more this system changes how missions look, behave and maybe even CHANGE during their execution, and how enemies behave and how well they are reinforced or how battered they already are by enemy forces... the more AWESOME and involving it will be!

The thought of it just makes me want to buy the Grandmaster Founders Level, this would be BEST thing in a game ever!

Erm... I think you switched the order of the posts around, man.

Erm... I think you switched the order of the posts around, man.

Hah, yeah I did! Thanks, I switched them back around!

Either way, both are really nice threads that could go well with this idea and create a very dynamic, organic and awesome solar system!

Hah, yeah I did! Thanks, I switched them back around!

Either way, both are really nice threads that could go well with this idea and create a very dynamic, organic and awesome solar system!

All it would be missing is some sort of envolving Roleplay to give it more of a story-telling feeling to it, although if they DO manage to set everything that we're sugesting in here i would be happy enough to go full Grand Master for this would be one hell of a frigging awesome game. I'm just thinking it can get better and better!

I personally would like to see more planetside involvement - It's great that we're wiping out space stations but the planets are still under their control. Obviously this game is so early in development it's naive for me to think it should be in game what with them just recently having released their second tileset, but this is stuff to think of for the future. I want each planet I fight on/for to be more in depth than space station, space station, mining station, space station.

Edit: Thoroughly looking forward to this "snow planet" tileset. I'd happy with it being a base like the others so long as it was a completely new design and aesthetic, and not a in-world setting. I'd be even happier if it was a mix of both. Imagine if it was Grineer underground bases which required you to pass through an icescape inhabited by local wildlife and infested.

Edited by J-Pax

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, this sounds fantastic. I really loved the ME3 community events that rewarded the whole community for coming together to do something. And I really like the idea of changing enemy types on failures.

The only thing I would really emphasize is that we should definitely have more than just "Clear this map 50,000 times".

Also, you say that it would really be quite a lot of work, but it's a lot less work than some other suggestions I've seen, and your idea/implementation honestly sounds more engaging while not changing the core gameplay of warframe. Which is a good thing. A huge part of the reason I like warframe so much is the fast paced gameplay.

Well, if you think about it, a lot of the data that's required for my concept of the implementation is already recorded in some form; DE knows how many missions are cleared at any given time.

Sure; clearing x amount of missions does sound boring on paper, but I'm not sure how else we could monitor events such as these. Perhaps total <faction> kills and/or specific enemy type kills could also be metrics considered in Success and Failures.

The only problem i see with "allowing the comunity to write their own story" is basically that in the end, nothing is cannon! It's all fan fiction! And with a system like this at least some of the fan fiction can stick to the cannon story in a dynamic way.

Yup, this sounds fantastic. I really loved the ME3 community events that rewarded the whole community for coming together to do something. And I really like the idea of changing enemy types on failures.

The only thing I would really emphasize is that we should definitely have more than just "Clear this map 50,000 times".

Also, you say that it would really be quite a lot of work, but it's a lot less work than some other suggestions I've seen, and your idea/implementation honestly sounds more engaging while not changing the core gameplay of warframe. Which is a good thing. A huge part of the reason I like warframe so much is the fast paced gameplay.

well, a concept with an example should be one that's doable. Sorry if it's a bit 'old fashion' example but DE certainly have access to how many missions have been completed so far.

As for other matrices, I don't know about them since enemies are randomly generated and it might be a bit hard to keep track of them in the current stage. Warframe is unlike ME3 in this aspect. However, I'd love a community mission to kill 100,000 seekers. I hate those bastards.

The only problem i see with "allowing the comunity to write their own story" is basically that in the end, nothing is cannon! It's all fan fiction! And with a system like this at least some of the fan fiction can stick to the cannon story in a dynamic way.

Well, I think 'canon' is the past long forgotten. What is the Orokin, Origin of Grineer, Excalibur's grandmother or such things. The war Tenno are now face should be dynamic. We make our own canon along with a bit script from DE is actually a better idea. WE, playerbase, are forced by this concept to unite, to create our own path through the game, to win battle, to win a war in Sol system, to thrive as a community.

Yes but that's still a bunch of Fan Fiction without any real impact lasting in the game since you can't have EVERY story ever written by the comunity to stick with the game. It is a good concept per se but it's virtually impossible to accomplish every story into one because there would be absolutely no coordination between them. I could go as far and write a love-story with Lotus for myself and another player could go and kill her to fuel his story. Maybe i can write about a scientist that invented the Jackal and then another player says that it's actually a discovery from old times and no-one alive have "Invented" him. Even if all those story can be linked into one, they would sooner clash and destroy each-other before telling a linear story.

I believe you are misinterpreting the nature of this concept. Although it is dynamic, this wouldn't be about implementing fan-fictional wars, at all. A game doesn't necessarily need a pre-set "here and now" storyline; All we currently know about the Tenno is that there was a faction called the Orokin, they trained the Tenno, and release the Technocyte plague to fight the sentients, the Grineer hate the Orokin (and by extension, the Tenno) for it, and nearly wiped us out. The Tenno went into hiding, and have now been summoned by the Lotus to do her bidding.

We don't even know if the Lotus is a part of the original Orokin.

We don't know how the Storyline will be implemented. For all we know, DE may only want us to know the backstory, and leave the current timeline rather vague. That's not necessarily a bad thing. If they are generated by the system, if DE chose that they did want a current storyline, it would not be hard at all to implement a system whereby they add a section of current lore to the database as information before/after succeeding in the Alert.

All this would do is make the universe more dynamic, more fluid. DE would still have only the fullest control of what they want to implement, including the reason why george the Tenno needs to kill 45,000 Grineer Grinders.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Woah, fan fiction? Who post something about that!

Community mission with impact to content is not about fan fiction. These goals and missions, if they're ever implemented, are set and created by DE thus can be considered canon by community. However, it's main purpose is to let playerbase play an active part in the releasing of content.

Whatever you're smoking, I want one.

Cool, what do you think of adding specific missions that act as strategic points. That way, players who can't handle stronger enemies won't have to suffer too much.

There could even be rewards that you can only purchase by getting points/medals special to each strategic point. A form of encouragement.

Cool, what do you think of adding specific missions that act as strategic points. That way, players who can't handle stronger enemies won't have to suffer too much.

There could even be rewards that you can only purchase by getting points/medals special to each strategic point. A form of encouragement.

The idea of choke point is good. Personally, I think all systems should have one of these. Making it a rally point for players' to put their effort into it. Much like endless defense mission but instead of defense Nacked Nick or the terminal, we defense and secure LZ or AA gun (like my idea in previous post) for other cells to deploy in the area.

However, I think the current endless defense could be improve with changing into different mission objective with every 3-5 rounds, like ME3 did. It got a bit boring after wave 15-20 defending Nick.

• 5 weeks later...