Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Concept: Grineer Gravtank, Hector

Panzermeido

Always wanted to draw something like this. Basically, what the tenno stumble upon in the game is never larger than infantry platoons with minimal support - but I seriously doubt that the game factions haven't got anything better, so here it is: a Grineer MBT/Self-Propelled Gun, the Hector, extensively used in mid-scale ground operations against the Corpus and the Free Colonies.

1d609b771972.jpg

I tried combining the look and feel of an average Lancer with the few Grineer fighters we've seen; simplistic, curvy plates, a feeling of mass-production plus some minimal tactical markings.

Also, some additional details: I'll be adding those from time to time.

- How does one land a Hector-type grav?

Set the repulsor fins to full swing, release the landing skids, gradually lower the repulsion rate (not evenly - you have to land the back first, front second), when it's on the ground, lock the skids and disable the engines. Voila, you're grounded and ready for crew R&R, maintenance and rearm/resupply. 

Edited by Panzermeido

Looks really good. Only nitpick I have is that the cannon barrel itself seems a little plain. Looking at the barrels for weapons like the Vulkar or the Hind show that the Grineer sometimes have a lot of detailing on the barrels of their weapons. Again, just a nitpick.

Other than that, maybe put in a few suggestions of how the Tenno are supposed to be able to fight it / what defenses it has in battle? Such as maybe we have to shoot a weakpoint or perhaps we have to climb inside to kill the squishy grunts inside?

Other than that, maybe put in a few suggestions of how the Tenno are supposed to be able to fight it / what defenses it has in battle? Such as maybe we have to shoot a weakpoint or perhaps we have to climb inside to kill the squishy grunts inside?

Hope OP won't hate me if I'll do it, because I've had ideas about this since the time I've

thought Grineer should have something like those gravtanks from Battlefield 2142...

So... Let's say, this tank:

1)Acts similarly to the one from Battlefield 2142. This means its turret does not rotate (more like like Stridsvagn 103, the turretless tank).

2)Has generator to power up either its engines or its shields, but not both at the same time.

3)Has a crew of four.

So, first phase should be simple: tank uses its maneuverability and main cannon to eliminate you, while you must concentrate on its grav engines and destroy them.

After you destroyed half of tank's engines, the other half automatically restores its health to the max. Tank is seriously slower, but since half of its engines destroyed, it has some spare energy now, so from time to time it deploys invulnerable shield.

Third phase: tank is taken down, and seriously crippled. It is immovable, its main turret broke, its gastank vulnerable. To make it up, three out of four crewmen of the tank get out, everyone of them is a mini-boss on their own (their abilities should probably depend on their roles in the crew), while the tank commander stays inside and use secondary machine gun turret to support them. your goal is to kill every crewman and blow up the gastank. Massive explosion, ending.

Sure, it is just a dream, since DE programmers will probably go nuts after seeing such plan.

Edited by Dansilent

Looks really good. Only nitpick I have is that the cannon barrel itself seems a little plain. Looking at the barrels for weapons like the Vulkar or the Hind show that the Grineer sometimes have a lot of detailing on the barrels of their weapons. Again, just a nitpick.

Well, looking on their artillery on Phobos and their guns on Galleon, I think, their big barrels are pretty much plain simple... I'd like to add some banners to this tank though, to make it look like a tank of a commander...

Edited by Dansilent

Hope OP won't hate me if I'll do it, because I've had ideas about this since the time I've

So... Let's say, this tank:

1)Acts similarly to the one from Battlefield 2142. This means its turret does not rotate (more like like Stridsvagn 103, the turretless tank).

2)Has generator to power up either its engines or its shields, but not both at the same time.

3)Has a crew of four.

So, first phase should be simple: tank uses its maneuverability and main cannon to eliminate you, while you must concentrate on its grav engines and destroy them.

After you destroyed half of tank's engines, the other half automatically restores its health to the max. Tank is seriously slower, but since half of its engines destroyed, it has some spare energy now, so from time to time it deploys invulnerable shield.

Third phase: tank is taken down, and seriously crippled. It is immovable, its main turret broke, its gastank vulnerable. To make it up, three out of four crewmen of the tank get out, everyone of them is a mini-boss on their own (their abilities should probably depend on their roles in the crew), while the tank commander stays inside and use secondary machine gun turret to support them. your goal is to kill every crewman and blow up the gastank. Massive explosion, ending.

Sure, it is just a dream, since DE programmers will probably go nuts after seeing such plan.

That would be awesome!

DE needs to do this!