Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Upcoming "fixes" Are Lackluster

(PSN)d1v4d

**I posted this in General Feedback, but a moderator moved it to Warframes and Abilities, so I can't even reply back to my own thread. I'm posting it here again, because I believe DE really missed the mark with Valkyr, and I want DE to use their talents (especially their animation talents) My original post thread can be found here:  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/150391-valkyrs-upcoming-fixes-are-lackluster/#entry1777447 **

Out of a 500 response thread, all that was done to paralysis was reduce its shield cost (mainly)? How about its actual viability? It doesn't even stun light units sometimes.

The health regen was a proper decision, but it shouldn't be active during Hysteria. Instead, apply health regen to Warcry. The armor buff is useless and out of context; take it out. Enable Valkyr's cries to rouse her allies, granting herself and her allies a strict sprint speed boost, as well as the existing melee speed boost.

If this is all that was done to her, then I feel that everyone who put effort into her rework simply wasted their time. 500 responses, yet her fixes are very poor.

My question is, when are we getting a Berserker frame?

EDIT:

After some thought, I realize how pointless health regen is on her ult. I'd also like to suggest numerous changes to Valkyr, in general: 

The Berserk Play-Style Valkyr Visually Suggests:

I believe that Hysteria should allow Valkyr to gain a reduced incoming damage buff (remove invincibility; however, keep current CC immunity), but with every kill she gets, she goes more "berserk" (increase in speed AND damage... I thought she was getting a damage buff?) As of now, Hysteria is only good for one thing; reviving allies. Don't deny it, cause it's blatantly clear. Also, she has claws. Why limit a psycho bloodthirsty berserker to single target (why not AoE?) ballerina PUNCHES when she's equipped with killer claws? Let her swipe- and dear lord, why is she still floating?

I don't think that "waiting till the update comes out" is healthy advice. Everyone knew Hysteria was going to be petty (along with Valkyr's overall execution), but we kept getting the cold shoulder. Fix her, DE. She's not as tormented and scarred as you say she is. Tweaking numbers is one thing, while fixing design flaws is another.

The Mobility Valkyr Visually Suggests:

Leave her shields as they are, and increase her base speed. I personally don't understand her armour value. She's thin and agile, perhaps her armour is supposed to resemble her pain tolerance (since she's been under such change)? I don't even know.

Valkyr is slender and angry, she should have incredible mobility (base sprint speed of 1.25 or 1.3). Why so quick, you ask? She's modified and clearly very athletically-built. It won't affect Loki because he can still shroud himself and deal huge bonus damage without taking hits. Valkyr should also be in the enemy's face, but she should have the speed and abilities to keep her alive (Ex: placing health regen upon kills during Warcry, not Hysteria). The Corpus clearly understand Tenno anatomy, so why would they make her so limited? Ripline is her way of mobility, you say? Why are people using Ripline mainly to get to high places and shoot from a distance, then? Isn't this the complete opposite of what she's meant to do, DE? I have a solution. Keep reading.

Her "pull" on enemies is fitting to the theme, but in all honesty, I think that her wall swing animation does more harm to her theme than people may think. That's right, the animation itself.

Suggested fix? When she pulls herself towards a wall, make it more of a leap (leans back, then pulls herself forward with vicious force whilst obviously holding on to her line). At least it'll look like she's using her energy and strength, and doesn't look like she's a weightless super hero (who can't pull herself to the end of the line, for some odd reason). During her "swing", make her animation seem like she's gaining momentum. The current "flying" pose is silly and much too stiff.

Let Valkyr travel to the end of her Ripline and give her some sort of wall-grab when she hits a wall (identical to when you slide down a wall after an exhausted vertical wall-run). When Ripline is triggered, do not allow players to cancel out of it.
If Valkyr's Ripline comes into contact with a Shield Lancer's shield, then just allow her to pull the Shield Lancer towards her, like she does against normal enemies (that little wall dash isn't viable, ever- unless you want a face-full of knockdowns, of course).

This will reduce the 'swinging' that plagues her persona, and it'll also allow her to feel a little more mobile and rapid. If players choose to aim at a ceiling, Valkyr should place her hands on the surface when she comes into contact with it, whilst later adjusting her legs so that she can kick off of the ceiling and rapidly jet towards the ground.
Yes, I agree that this will take some time, and it may be a lot, but you guys really need to fix what you've done with her (this Spider-man nonsense).

I'd also like to note that Ripline should pull the top-half of an enemy towards her if killed (only if the player aims above the enemy's waist, of course). Again, this will help her rage-theme seem more convincing. Currently, Ripline slices the enemy in-half. This doesn't make sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the added rant, but I'd like to believe that DE will fix her (and I know other frames still need work, but I'm not as knowledgable of them as I am with Valkyr).

Conclusion:

I want Valkyr to feel like an actual berserker. Don't you, DE? As of now, it doesn't seem like you guys do.
Galatine of buffing? Barely. This isn't right, Scott. Oberon has been released with U11.5, and he actually seems to fit his role quite well (better than Valkyr fits hers, that's for sure). Ponder heavily about Valkyr. Something went very wrong during her execution.

Any feature that made her seem unique was ripped from her.
[Example: Her reverse-jointed legs shown in her concept art. Was this a rigging issue, or was it simply the easy-way out to copy and paste the same bone rigging from the previously existing frames? I'm leaning more towards my second guess.]

If you still do not understand the play-style she deserves, then simply refer to Venom from the Marvel Series. She should be like him; as in clingy, quick, and nuts.

You'd think I'd take my own advice and not bother with this, but I'm stubborn. I'm trying to help you guys pull off what you want, and I'm not the only one. Every person who constructively gives their thoughts on her are all doing this for the sake of your game. Ignoring about 98% of her (now locked) Megathread is insulting. Like I said, we wish to help you, and only you.

I'm really hoping some change takes place here.
Anyways, thanks for reading.

To be honest the reverse jointed legs would have made no sense as it is suggested via in game voice lines and codex entries that there is a person inside the frames.Also I don't see the issue with hysteria lol I don't use it to revive allies I use it to take on rooms full of mobs in survival and kill 90% of them in one cast.Then again I 1 hit them up till level 45 enemies and even then it's just corpus and heavy gunners I don't 1 hit.

To be honest the reverse jointed legs would have made no sense as it is suggested via in game voice lines and codex entries that there is a person inside the frames.Also I don't see the issue with hysteria lol I don't use it to revive allies I use it to take on rooms full of mobs in survival and kill 90% of them in one cast.Then again I 1 hit them up till level 45 enemies and even then it's just corpus and heavy gunners I don't 1 hit.

Would you mind quoting the lines that suggest that there is (in fact) a human within the suit? Also, Valkyr was subject to extensive experiments (this would make her reverse-jointed legs plausible. The Corpus are clearly very intelligent if the superiors (i.e Alad V) can make a functional "pet" out of Tenno parts.

As for Hysteria, you're not understanding the point I'm trying to get across. Berserkers don't have invincibility. They enjoy bloodshed whilst ignoring pain (it damages them, but they don't feel it). They're blind to incoming harm. Valkyr has claws, and you're saying it's fine that they threw Furax animations on her...? Really?

Whats left of a "person." The tenno are infected with the techocyte virus, and the warframe suits allow them to control the powers formed by the virus- the tenno are essentially infested humanoids that remained sane. Considering the appearance of the grinder, and the Corpus- Im not opposed to any "alien" looking tenno- who's to say all tenno came from humans, the lore of this game is very vague.

(plus since Nekros, all anatomy arguments fly right out the window.)

Bring on the four armed, and two headed warframes I say!

Whats left of a "person." The tenno are infected with the techocyte virus, and the warframe suits allow them to control the powers formed by the virus- the tenno are essentially infested humanoids that remained sane. Considering the appearance of the grinder, and the Corpus- Im not opposed to any "alien" looking tenno- who's to say all tenno came from humans, the lore of this game is very vague.

Machamp frame confirmed.

On topic: We need structurally unique frames. Valkyr could've been reverse-jointed, while Oberon covered the goat legs. It's different and fresh.

Well based on the fact that the tenno come from earth and that hayden tenno was the first there is plenty to point towards them being human.Though they seem to not care anymore based on oberon.

Well based on the fact that the tenno come from earth and that hayden tenno was the first there is plenty to point towards them being human.Though they seem to not care anymore based on oberon.

It's not set in stone. There are just as many (if not more) facts that point towards them being inhuman than there are of them being normal humans. Also, why would they make her concept reverse-jointed? Wouldn't they know the lore like the back of their hand?

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

It's not set in stone. There are just as many (if not more) facts that point towards them being inhuman than there are of them being normal humans. Also, why would they make her concept reverse-jointed? Wouldn't they know the lore like the back of their hand?

That would be a good question to ask them but I'm sorry to say in a livestream they DID say that Hayden Tenno (human) was the first Tenno.The game website itself says they come from Earth on top of that.

That would be a good question to ask them but I'm sorry to say in a livestream they DID say that Hayden Tenno (human) was the first Tenno.The game website itself says they come from Earth on top of that.

I get that, and I understand what you're saying; however, that doesn't seem viable in this situation. She was experimented on by masterminds who understand Tenno anatomy just as much as the Tenno themselves do. I appreciate your feedback, but I simply don't believe it applies to Valkyr at all.

It's too blurry to make an argument out of, but let's face it- reverse jointed legs would've been killer.

Would you mind quoting the lines that suggest that there is (in fact) a human within the suit? Also, Valkyr was subject to extensive experiments (this would make her reverse-jointed legs plausible. The Corpus are clearly very intelligent if the superiors (i.e Alad V) can make a functional "pet" out of Tenno parts.

As for Hysteria, you're not understanding the point I'm trying to get across. Berserkers don't have invincibility. They enjoy bloodshed whilst ignoring pain (it damages them, but they don't feel it). They're blind to incoming harm. Valkyr has claws, and you're saying it's fine that they threw Furax animations on her...? Really?

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became out saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprhend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

From the codex entry on Excalibur Prime.

Considering that every frame to date is humanoid and of fairly normal proportions and build, it's pretty safe to say they're human on the inside. The 'twisting' could refer to significant changes to their physiology but really, if I had to posit a guess, I'd think they stepped away from the reverse jointed legs to avoid alienating players from her, being that most people are fickle and won't play inhuman characters when human is offered.

Then again, they've done a pretty good job alienating players from her by making her pretty crap. At least she has V Polarity slots so you can equip Provoked and still contribute while you bleed out?

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became out saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprhend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

From the codex entry on Excalibur Prime.

Considering that every frame to date is humanoid and of fairly normal proportions and build, it's pretty safe to say they're human on the inside. The 'twisting' could refer to significant changes to their physiology but really, if I had to posit a guess, I'd think they stepped away from the reverse jointed legs to avoid alienating players from her, being that most people are fickle and won't play inhuman characters when human is offered.

Then again, they've done a pretty good job alienating players from her by making her pretty crap. At least she has V Polarity slots so you can equip Provoked and still contribute while you bleed out?

That's pretty neat. I haven't heard of any definitive answer, so I was curious.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that it would've been something new. It would've helped her past seem more "real" and harsh. Could've been pretty solid.

Isn't she supposed to be unpleasant, though? This all confuses me. A berserker who doesn't berserk. Maybe it's just me.

Beserkers back in the day where people who constantly put themselves in pain so they couldn't feel pain, and when they fought in battle they wore the most armor and took the most hits.

The problem everyone is seeing with Valkr is that she is not a tank, she is a Beserker. She is suppose to cause mass damage and charge through them, she isn't supposed to sweep or hold down the fort she is supposed to weaken and cripple enemies so everyone else could wipe them out.

Paralyss fix: It needs to be upgraded, and have a much longer duration. By how much shield is being used she should be able to stun enemies for longer durations. The reason why this ability is so cheap is because it takes your shield, that alone compensates the powers sacrifice alone, that's why it needs a major buff to it's durability and power.

Warcry: Warcry shouldn't heal her, but other then a increase in duration (x2 in duration) Warcry should weaken enemies attack/defense/speed, Warcries are meant to scare/strike fear into enemies, weakening enemies fits her role nicely.

Ripline: The problem with this ability as you said is that if you miss you sort of screw yourself over. It is largely use for traversing to higher platforms which is a good thing, I think this move should be kept a platforming ability and that's that.

Hysteria: Health and Shield regen should had been a given, but what Hysteria needs the most is to simply be a War Cry like ability that give you invincibility/speed boost with the fighting claw ability. The invicibility gives time for Valkr to refresh and heal, while the speed boost makes it easier to kill enemies and get to them. And the compensation to this ability is that you can't use your guns or swords, this keeps the ability balance and not OP.

Beserkers back in the day where people who constantly put themselves in pain so they couldn't feel pain, and when they fought in battle they wore the most armor and took the most hits.

The problem everyone is seeing with Valkr is that she is not a tank, she is a Beserker. She is suppose to cause mass damage and charge through them, she isn't supposed to sweep or hold down the fort she is supposed to weaken and cripple enemies so everyone else could wipe them out.

Paralyss fix: It needs to be upgraded, and have a much longer duration. By how much shield is being used she should be able to stun enemies for longer durations. The reason why this ability is so cheap is because it takes your shield, that alone compensates the powers sacrifice alone, that's why it needs a major buff to it's durability and power.

Warcry: Warcry shouldn't heal her, but other then a increase in duration (x2 in duration) Warcry should weaken enemies attack/defense/speed, Warcries are meant to scare/strike fear into enemies, weakening enemies fits her role nicely.

Ripline: The problem with this ability as you said is that if you miss you sort of screw yourself over. It is largely use for traversing to higher platforms which is a good thing, I think this move should be kept a platforming ability and that's that.

Hysteria: Health and Shield regen should had been a given, but what Hysteria needs the most is to simply be a War Cry like ability that give you invincibility/speed boost with the fighting claw ability. The invicibility gives time for Valkr to refresh and heal, while the speed boost makes it easier to kill enemies and get to them. And the compensation to this ability is that you can't use your guns or swords, this keeps the ability balance and not OP.

I want to come back to this (red highlight), because I think it's the very reason that placed Valkyr in this mess.Valkyr has a story, correct? Captured, then tormented, then escaped. She can now unleash her anger on those who've wronged her. 

Moving on, I agree with your Paralysis suggestion. It needs to Paralyze.

Warcry, as of now, is a very useless skill. As you said, it should weaken her foes... Why? If this was implemented, I can guarantee that no one would use it more than they do now. This is because if you're alone, Valkyr is a frame that is completely and utterly useless. If she has a team, sure- but why not slot a more powerful frame? I would do it, and I'm sure you would do it, too. 

Ripline is fine, yes, but it's much too clunky. It's not polished. Actually, it's probably the opposite of being polished.

Hysteria should NOT be the skill that grants her health. What's the negatives of going into Hysteria? Mind naming a few? Low damage, right? Who cares, I can heal and I'm invincible. Doesn't sound too "rage-like" and "angry" to me; however, how about you?

You can look up facts about Berserkers all you'd like, but you'll still find that they are driven by blindness. In this case, it's Valkyr's cruel past, which stuck with her- making her who she is. You have to remember that she indeed does have a story, and that she was experimented on by masterminds.

Going back to your first sentence (Beserkers back in the day where people who constantly put themselves in pain so they couldn't feel pain), I can see myself agreeing... but not in this case. Once again, she has her own lore. There are stories of Berserkers being completely out-of-control to the point where they wore wolf pelts, and nothing more. They were known for their vicious nature.

To sum my point up, she doesn't suit what DE gave her. She's got these nice claws, which look like they'd completely tear metal apart; however, all she does is punch. She's got this rage fuelling her, and a past where geniuses modified her; however, she's not a potent fighter or quick on her feet.

Get it? They have "balance" completely drilled into their heads (which don't get me wrong, it's good- TO AN EXTENT), but not to the point where it cripples a frame and leaves it abandoned in her own intentions. It's not even a matter of balancing when it's taken this far. If it wasn't a balancing issue, then it was a loss of inspiration.

If you can seriously tell me that Valkyr plays as irate and cruel as she sounds/looks, then you can forget about this response- but I think you know exactly what I mean, and I'm led to believe that DE wants her to "thrive" (as they've stated before).

I'm still unconvinced, and even after her new patch, she falls short on delivering the insanity that she wants to desperately portray.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

I've been trying to find a way to reply to your response, but I'm getting a lot of mixed messages from you. It seems like your arguing to agree with not only I but yourself. o.o.... And it seems that your message is directed towards the DE more so than myself.

The only thing I liked to point out is that your treating Valkyr as it's own seperate class apart from Beserker because of the way you are interpreting her lore, while making a few points you are sort of arguing about the points you just made.

Care to clarify just a bit, I'm a little lost in your ramble after reading it a few times.

I've been trying to find a way to reply to your response, but I'm getting a lot of mixed messages from you. It seems like your arguing to agree with not only I but yourself. o.o.... And it seems that your message is directed towards the DE more so than myself.

The only thing I liked to point out is that your treating Valkyr as it's own seperate class apart from Beserker because of the way you are interpreting her lore, while making a few points you are sort of arguing about the points you just made.

Care to clarify just a bit, I'm a little lost in your ramble after reading it a few times.

I understand you're just giving your opinion (also, who doesn't agree with themselves?) and I appreciate the feedback, but I don't think that's what she needs. I was aiming it towards you and DE (I'm always aiming at them).

I know you mentioned that Berserkers wore armour, but how is that really a base structure to how she needs to be played? Not all of them wore armour, and some of them didn't wear any at all and just went completely ape ****. As you can see, Valkyr is rather thin and has been stripped of a lot of her armour, so I just can't see the relation.

My main purpose for all of this, is to help DE accomplish and portray what they announced when Valkyr was "a thing". During the Livestream (which contained her reveal), they mentioned that she'll be an "all in your face kinda frame". DE also constantly stated that she's been under drastic change. I'm trying to help them make Valkyr's lore match her play style.

Edit: I am treating Valkyr as her own, but whilst also not forgetting about her roots (being a berserker). When I play as her, I simply don't feel that she's doing her lore any good, as well as the insanity that motivates her. It just isn't there.

Example: When I'm Trinity, I can clearly tell I'm a healer. When I'm Nekros, I can clearly tell I'm a necromancer. When I play as Rhino, I can feel the warrior-esque armor and force. As for Valkyr, I wouldn't know anything about her if I just played as her and didn't know her story.

Better?

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

We all know them, but here are her a list of her stats (Level 30) and abilites (maxed), as of  update 11.5.

Stats

Health: 300

Power: 150

Armor: 300

Shield: 150

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Stamina: 150

Polarities: 2x 18px-V.png

Aura: 18px-V.png

Rip Line

Cost: 25 Energy

Duration: N/A

Power: 600 (Slash Damage)

Range: 75m

Warcry

Cost: 75 Energy

Duration: 15

Power: 50% allied Armor and Attack Speed buff; 50% foe Speed debuff

Range: 25m

Paralysis

Cost: 5 Energy; 1/3 of current Shield

Power: 50% of Shields * 3.5 (Impact Damage)

Range: 10m

Hysteria

Cost: 100 Energy

Duration: 30

Power: Invulnerable; 1.75x damage multiplier

- Normal Attack: 100 Impact, 100 Puncture, 100 Slash Damage; 50% Crit. Chance, 200% Crit. Damage

- Charge Attack: N/A

- Slam Attack: 300 (?) Damage; 100% Knockdown; 5m range

- Jump, Slide, Finisher and Wall Atacks; 10 (?) Damage

Life regain/regeneration as damage is being dealt to enemies.

Range: 5m

Pulled from the wiki. Please, correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Outside of cosmetic changes, what exactly would you change about Valkyr to make her feel more like a Berserker? What changes to Hysteria and Warcry do you feel should be made? What do you feel her Health, Shield and Armor should be? Does she really need two 18px-V.png Polarity slots?

I understand you're just giving your opinion (also, who doesn't agree with themselves?) and I appreciate the feedback, but I don't think that's what she needs. I was aiming it towards you and DE (I'm always aiming at them).

I know you mentioned that Berserkers wore armour, but how is that really a base structure to how she needs to be played? Not all of them wore armour, and some of them didn't wear any at all and just went completely ape ****. As you can see, Valkyr is rather thin and has been stripped of a lot of her armour, so I just can't see the relation.

My main purpose for all of this, is to help DE accomplish and portray what they announced when Valkyr was "a thing". During the Livestream (which contained her reveal), they mentioned that she'll be an "all in your face kinda frame". DE also constantly stated that she's been under drastic change. I'm trying to help them make Valkyr's lore match her play style.

Edit: I am treating Valkyr as her own, but whilst also not forgetting about her roots (being a berserker). When I play as her, I simply don't feel that she's doing her lore any good, as well as the insanity that motivates her. It just isn't there.

Example: When I'm Trinity, I can clearly tell I'm a healer. When I'm Nekros, I can clearly tell I'm a necromancer. When I play as Rhino, I can feel the warrior-esque armor and force. As for Valkyr, I wouldn't know anything about her if I just played as her and didn't know her story.

Better?

That is much better....

It's hard to argue about her current stats in defense because we both make equally good points. The problem is to decide whether or not Valkyr should be it's own Class seperate from the Typical Beserker. But considering that Valkyr is the only Beserker currently, it might be left best if her defense is high. We don't know what sort of experiments was done with her, she might have had stronger armor given to her, also she learned tolerance of pain FROM being experimented on. This could either mean a higher defense or higher health, I personally think her defense should be left as it is because that's what seperates her from all other warframes and maintains herself in this class. And again, it all depends on how you interpret tolerance to attacks in Warframe.

But I do agree she doesn't need invulnerability from Hysteria, but that's the only thing keeping her useful right now. If invulnerability would be remove the entire skill would have to be polished/remade into something that wouldn't be more of a hinderance. I personally think decreasing damage taken on her by a large margin makes more sense, and to make her speed higher. But her attack animation and power needs to change so she can mass kill, or take out enemies while in this form. Because taking out her melee, and guns sets her back making the her weaker especially without being able to use her regular weapons.

Also, I don't feel partial to this idea, but you make it sound like you want to use the claws more often other then in just hysteria. The DE could change it that she could use her own claws as Melee weapons, and simply make them a powerful weapon. They could be mandatory, or not be mandatory to use, but this way this leaves the option to remove HAVING to use her claws during Hysteria but if they are own she could do mass damage with them, and if she doesn't she could simply and a defense/melee attack/speed boost that lasts a large amount of time and increases her overall attacking skills much higher.

Just some ideas overall, feel free to pick at them.

After getting mine up to 30, I don't even know why DE call it a "Berserker", cause she is really nothing more than a "HIssy Fit". Her most useful ability is probably warcry and at best a support frame. People getting this frame thinking they going to be a DD because of the "Berserker" label will probably rage quit. 

The fact that her melee ultimate "ability" cannot be buff with mods like melee weapons literally makes her look stupid in any battle. 

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

We all know them, but here are her a list of her stats (Level 30) and abilites (maxed), as of update 11.5.

Stats

Health: 300

Power: 150

Armor: 300

Shield: 150

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Stamina: 150

Polarities: 2x 18px-V.png

Aura: 18px-V.png

Rip Line

Cost: 25 Energy

Power: 600 (Slash Damage)

Range: 75m

Warcry

Cost: 75 Energy

Duration: 15

Power: 50% allied Armor and Attack Speed buff; 50% foe Speed debuff

Range: 25m

Paralysis

Cost: 5 Energy; 1/3 of current Shield

Power: 50% of Shields * 3.5 (Impact Damage)

Range: 10m

Hysteria

Cost: 100 Energy

Duration: 30

Power: Invulnerable; 1.75x damage multiplier

- Normal Attack: 100 Impact, 100 Puncture, 100 Slash Damage; 50% Crit. Chance, 200% Crit. Damage

- Charge Attack: N/A

- Slam Attack: 300 (?) Damage; 100% Knockdown; 5m range

- Jump, Slide, Finisher and Wall Atacks; 10 (?) Damage

Life regain/regeneration as damage is being dealt to enemies.

Range: 5m

Pulled from the wiki. Please, correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Outside of cosmetic changes, what exactly would you change about Valkyr to make her feel more like a Berserker? What changes to Hysteria and Warcry do you feel should be made? What do you feel her Health, Shield and Armor should be? Does she really need two 18px-V.png Polarity slots?

Her stats are fine and can relate to glass cannons, which makes sense (since she's not a tank or a support frame). If you want direct numbers, then I can think about specifications. If you mean a general change to Valkyr's abilities, then just re-read my original post. I state what'll help her theme seem more viable and convincing (as well as serve her purpose).

Now that you ask, I believe her armor isn't necessary. Right now, armor doesn't do much, and it doesn't make sense since her armor has been removed almost entirely (through her past experiences). She should cause rage on the field and act as momentum for a team (speed boosts, which indirectly boost damage).

Note: No, not everyone knows what Berserkers were like. Bloodlust before self-safety. That's a berserker.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

That is much better....

It's hard to argue about her current stats in defense because we both make equally good points. The problem is to decide whether or not Valkyr should be it's own Class seperate from the Typical Beserker. But considering that Valkyr is the only Beserker currently, it might be left best if her defense is high. We don't know what sort of experiments was done with her, she might have had stronger armor given to her, also she learned tolerance of pain FROM being experimented on. This could either mean a higher defense or higher health, I personally think her defense should be left as it is because that's what seperates her from all other warframes and maintains herself in this class. And again, it all depends on how you interpret tolerance to attacks in Warframe.

But I do agree she doesn't need invulnerability from Hysteria, but that's the only thing keeping her useful right now. If invulnerability would be remove the entire skill would have to be polished/remade into something that wouldn't be more of a hinderance. I personally think decreasing damage taken on her by a large margin makes more sense, and to make her speed higher. But her attack animation and power needs to change so she can mass kill, or take out enemies while in this form. Because taking out her melee, and guns sets her back making the her weaker especially without being able to use her regular weapons.

Also, I don't feel partial to this idea, but you make it sound like you want to use the claws more often other then in just hysteria. The DE could change it that she could use her own claws as Melee weapons, and simply make them a powerful weapon. They could be mandatory, or not be mandatory to use, but this way this leaves the option to remove HAVING to use her claws during Hysteria but if they are own she could do mass damage with them, and if she doesn't she could simply and a defense/melee attack/speed boost that lasts a large amount of time and increases her overall attacking skills much higher.

Just some ideas overall, feel free to pick at them.

That's what I was thinking too (her armour resembling her pain tolerance). If this was the case, then it makes sense. As for her cosmetics, her material seems rather light.

You mention claws being out constantly, which is actually cool, but I didn't mean to give off that idea in my post. It is a neat thought, though.

Why would a berserker use weapons when she's already equipped with them? I get what you're saying here. Good thought.

Wouldn't you say that your thoughts on Hysteria are highly impacted by the abilities' design? It's a poor ability, and removing the life leech (and placing it on Warcry) and also removing the invincibility are only the first two steps when trying to fix this ability. It needs a complete rework.

After getting mine up to 30, I don't even know why DE call it a "Berserker", cause she is really nothing more than a "HIssy Fit". Her most useful ability is probably warcry and at best a support frame. People getting this frame thinking they going to be a DD because of the "Berserker" label will probably rage quit. 

The fact that her melee ultimate "ability" cannot be buff with mods like melee weapons literally makes her look stupid in any battle.

I'm trying to fix this. Thanks for your feedback (I should've multi quoted... dammit)

Wouldn't you say that your thoughts on Hysteria are highly impacted by the abilities' design? It's a poor ability, and removing the life leech (and placing it on Warcry) and also removing the invincibility are only the first two steps when trying to fix this ability. It needs a complete rework.

I think we are both on the same page now xD, and I completely agree.

Anything else I failed to comment on, or any other things I can critique or suggest on? I really like the synergy were creating xD

I think we are both on the same page now xD, and I completely agree.

Anything else I failed to comment on, or any other things I can critique or suggest on? I really like the synergy were creating xD

Actually, yes. Did you comment on her reverse-jointed concept? Using 3G on my phone atm (and it's slow), so if I reload the page to check, I'll be stuck for about 20 minutes.

Also, I'll mention it now. Her cosmetic bonds are distracting. You might say I'm being picky, but try playing with them for 20 missions. Their physics are really odd.

Actually, yes. Did you comment on her reverse-jointed concept? Using 3G on my phone atm (and it's slow), so if I reload the page to check, I'll be stuck for about 20 minutes.

Also, I'll mention it now. Her cosmetic bonds are distracting. You might say I'm being picky, but try playing with them for 20 missions. Their physics are really odd.

Not truly the relevence I was looking for....

But I spent a small amount of time playing with her bonds, her bonds need tweaking for sure.They sort of just float there.... It probably won't get fixed, but I agree that if people are paying for something it shouldn't feel broken or look broken for that matter.

Not truly the relevence I was looking for....

But I spent a small amount of time playing with her bonds, her bonds need tweaking for sure.They sort of just float there.... It probably won't get fixed, but I agree that if people are paying for something it shouldn't feel broken or look broken for that matter.

I feel as if I have a good hold on what she needs. Don't take it to heart.

If you had an area you'd like to mention, then say so. I'll be doing a stat fix for Valkyr soon, so I don't want to repeat myself.

I'll be posting that here.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d