Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Upcoming "fixes" Are Lackluster

(PSN)d1v4d

Out of a 500 response thread, all that was done to paralysis was reduce its shield cost (mainly)? How about its actual viability? It doesn't even stun light units sometimes.

The health regen was a proper decision, but it shouldn't be active during Hysteria. Instead, apply health regen to Warcry. The armor buff is useless and out of context; take it out. Enable Valkyr's cries to rouse her allies, granting herself and her allies a strict sprint speed boost, as well as the existing melee speed boost.

If this is all that was done to her, then I feel that everyone who put effort into her rework simply wasted their time. 500 responses, yet her fixes are very poor.

My question is, when are we getting a Berserker frame?

EDIT:

After some thought, I realize how pointless health regen is on her ult. I'd also like to suggest numerous changes to Valkyr, in general: 

The Berserk Play-Style Valkyr Visually Suggests:

I believe that Hysteria should allow Valkyr to gain a reduced incoming damage buff (remove invincibility; however, keep current CC immunity), but with every kill she gets, she goes more "berserk" (increase in speed AND damage... I thought she was getting a damage buff?) As of now, Hysteria is only good for one thing; reviving allies. Don't deny it, cause it's blatantly clear. Also, she has claws. Why limit a psycho bloodthirsty berserker to single target (why not AoE?) ballerina PUNCHES when she's equipped with killer claws? Let her swipe- and dear lord, why is she still floating?

I don't think that "waiting till the update comes out" is healthy advice. Everyone knew Hysteria was going to be petty (along with Valkyr's overall execution), but we kept getting the cold shoulder. Fix her, DE. She's not as tormented and scarred as you say she is. Tweaking numbers is one thing, while fixing design flaws is another.

The Mobility Valkyr Visually Suggests:

Leave her shields as they are, and increase her base speed. I personally don't understand her armour value. She's thin and agile, perhaps her armour is supposed to resemble her pain tolerance (since she's been under such change)? I don't even know.

Valkyr is slender and angry, she should have incredible mobility (base sprint speed of 1.25 or 1.3). Why so quick, you ask? She's modified and clearly very athletically-built. It won't affect Loki because he can still shroud himself and deal huge bonus damage without taking hits. Valkyr should also be in the enemy's face, but she should have the speed and abilities to keep her alive (Ex: placing health regen upon kills during Warcry, not Hysteria). The Corpus clearly understand Tenno anatomy, so why would they make her so limited? Ripline is her way of mobility, you say? Why are people using Ripline mainly to get to high places and shoot from a distance, then? Isn't this the complete opposite of what she's meant to do, DE? I have a solution. Keep reading.

Her "pull" on enemies is fitting to the theme, but in all honesty, I think that her wall swing animation does more harm to her theme than people may think. That's right, the animation itself.

Suggested fix? When she pulls herself towards a wall, make it more of a leap (leans back, then pulls herself forward with vicious force whilst obviously holding on to her line). At least it'll look like she's using her energy and strength, and doesn't look like she's a weightless super hero (who can't pull herself to the end of the line, for some odd reason). During her "swing", make her animation seem like she's gaining momentum. The current "flying" pose is silly and much too stiff.

Let Valkyr travel to the end of her Ripline and give her some sort of wall-grab when she hits a wall (identical to when you slide down a wall after an exhausted vertical wall-run). When Ripline is triggered, do not allow players to cancel out of it.
If Valkyr's Ripline comes into contact with a Shield Lancer's shield, then just allow her to pull the Shield Lancer towards her, like she does against normal enemies (that little wall dash isn't viable, ever- unless you want a face-full of knockdowns, of course).

This will reduce the 'swinging' that plagues her persona, and it'll also allow her to feel a little more mobile and rapid. If players choose to aim at a ceiling, Valkyr should place her hands on the surface when she comes into contact with it, whilst later adjusting her legs so that she can kick off of the ceiling and rapidly jet towards the ground.
Yes, I agree that this will take some time, and it may be a lot, but you guys really need to fix what you've done with her (this Spider-man nonsense).

I'd also like to note that Ripline should pull the top-half of an enemy towards her if killed (only if the player aims above the enemy's waist, of course). Again, this will help her rage-theme seem more convincing. Currently, Ripline slices the enemy in-half. This doesn't make sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apologies for the added rant, but I'd like to believe that DE will fix her (and I know other frames still need work, but I'm not as knowledgable of them as I am with Valkyr).

Conclusion:

I want Valkyr to feel like an actual berserker. Don't you, DE? As of now, it doesn't seem like you guys do.
Galatine of buffing? Barely. This isn't right, Scott. Oberon has been released with U11.5, and he actually seems to fit his role quite well (better than Valkyr fits hers, that's for sure). Ponder heavily about Valkyr. Something went very wrong during her execution.

Any feature that made her seem unique was ripped from her.
[Example: Her reverse-jointed legs shown in her concept art. Was this a rigging issue, or was it simply the easy-way out to copy and paste the same bone rigging from the previously existing frames? I'm leaning more towards my second guess.]

If you still do not understand the play-style she deserves, then simply refer to Venom from the Marvel Series. She should be like him; as in clingy, quick, and nuts.

You'd think I'd take my own advice and not bother with this, but I'm stubborn. I'm trying to help you guys pull off what you want, and I'm not the only one. Every person who constructively gives their thoughts on her are all doing this for the sake of your game. Ignoring about 98% of her (now locked) Megathread is insulting. Like I said, we wish to help you, and only you.

I'm really hoping some change takes place here.
Anyways, thanks for reading.

**Everyone please note that I cannot reply to this thread, since a moderator moved it into the PC section. I'm not ignoring anyone, I simply cannot reply back. Your feedback is appreciated, greatly. Thanks again**

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

Health regen is all I ever wanted. (And a buff to warframe damage abilities). Valk is pretty phenomenal if you aren't terrible, her only real issue was the slow and inevitable drain on her health, and needing a Nek/Trinity/Health Items around to keep from needing a rez.

This health regen will make Valk the most unstoppable Warframe next to eternalbless Trinity.

Still...would like a buff to ALL warframe power damage.

Yeah, Hysteria still needed some sort of cleave or to be faster.

In my opinion this. Hysteria needs a good look but I'm glad they put a health regen in there as that was needed.

As as I have said on a different thread, I think the shields should be buffed and possibly health but, I guess not.

All in all I guess we have to wait until 11.5 till we know.

That's how DE works. They don't really have the creativity to make new skills quickly. Instead changing numbers around as usual is supposed to make  everything better. The community comes up with ideas upon ideas and DE says they're taking a look at them but this patch/update doesn't seem to reflect any of that.

I don't know, there was a thread made a few hours ago about how Contagion for Saryn needs to be removed and replaced with something else or have a change in her other skills to compliment more of a melee oriented playstyle with her, but Contagion isn't even being addressed in this update something that a lot of people still question as to why Saryn has a melee skill when she's a caster with DoT. Not to mention the damage for Contagion is lack-luster in its current state. :\

Here's looking at you Contagion -raises glass-

Health regen is all I ever wanted. (And a buff to warframe damage abilities). Valk is pretty phenomenal if you aren't terrible, her only real issue was the slow and inevitable drain on her health, and needing a Nek/Trinity/Health Items around to keep from needing a rez.

This health regen will make Valk the most unstoppable Warframe next to eternalbless Trinity.

This. All of it.

i still don't understand why warframe damage scaling hasn't been implemented in relation to mob level.

seems like a no-brainer quick solution at least to fix it "now" 

see how that works out and modify it a bit more.

iteration is a good thing here.

I think Saryn has Contageon for some variety. She doesn't exactly need another blast skill.The only thing I'd change is making it a team buff like Roar and Speed.As for Valkyr I still want Hysteria punches to be explosive.

I don't know why she's punching, tbh. I understand they're using gauntlet animations, but she has claws... claws are meant to slash and rip....

I agree on the AoE, though. Hitting an enemy is like trying to hit a fly.

That's how DE works. They don't really have the creativity to make new skills quickly. Instead changing numbers around as usual is supposed to make  everything better. The community comes up with ideas upon ideas and DE says they're taking a look at them but this patch/update doesn't seem to reflect any of that.

I don't know, there was a thread made a few hours ago about how Contagion for Saryn needs to be removed and replaced with something else or have a change in her other skills to compliment more of a melee oriented playstyle with her, but Contagion isn't even being addressed in this update something that a lot of people still question as to why Saryn has a melee skill when she's a caster with DoT. Not to mention the damage for Contagion is lack-luster in its current state. :\

Here's looking at you Contagion -raises glass-

Maximized power strength adding 300.75% shield-ignoring damage to ALL forms of melee attack via Contagion sure is garbage.

I don't know why she's punching, tbh. I understand they're using gauntlet animations, but she has claws... claws are meant to slash and rip....

I agree on the AoE, though. Hitting an enemy is like trying to hit a fly.

This, Hysteria should have Valkyr slashing at her foes, not punching.

Maximized power strength adding 300.75% shield-ignoring damage to ALL forms of melee attack via Contagion sure is garbage.

That's if you're willing to invest hours and hours into her with forma to fit a full blind rage + focus + narrow minded + fleeting expertise + obviously knockdown resist mods to be able to be close to enemies and melee them. Molt doesn't pull aggro the same as it did before because putting it behind cover to allow enemies with guns to come into melee range doesn't work anymore they just continue to shoot you all the same. 

As well as I never said the damage maximized is garbage, no where in my post does it say that, I said it's lack-luster meaning it's not as good as it could be, obviously you'll have to waste a lot of forma to be able to even come close to what a frame like Nova does by just pressing 4 with half the mods Saryn needs to use to make contagion viable, and even then at endgame it's still bad, why? Because the poison damage that is applied to it isn't 100% to be applied to enemies, and as anyone here knows, getting into melee range at end-game to even take a chance on something that isn't 100% chance is not a good idea. It does by-pass shields sure, but it's not a sure thing and the work to obtain that damage is too much I mean the skill even costs 50 energy and I don't see why. 

Saryn if anything needs more utility to have synergy to make contagion more viable with melee. Because even if Molt is fixed with its aggro it doesn't always work the best because in melee range the enemy switches its aggro to you which isn't ideal as well as Molt is more of a pain to place down than Decoy because most of the time you're running towards the enemy not away from it and since it works on how close the enemy is to the Molt as compared to how close you are to the enemy when running towards the enemy half the time you'll have to do an awkward turn around to place the Molt somewhere for a distraction.

I do see your point about the damage I mean I'm sure everyone else knows about the damage obviously but with two skills that are caster skills and then another one for distraction (seeing that it's not working as well as it did before) I return to my point before about how it should be either removed and replaced with another caster skill or she should be given more utility to work with her melee. Not to mention Miasma isn't a stun skill as well as Venom is not as well. More often than not Saryn players will just use Miasma and Venom with Molt. Because Contagion doesn't even fit well with her skill set. Because she's a caster frame not a melee one.

My point was never that the damage was garbage that's a little extreme I simply said it's lack-luster for the amount of work you have to put into her in order to get this amazing shield-ignoring damage that isn't 100% to proc. will consume so many mod slots/points and all of this in other frames are achieved with a lot less work for a lot more damage. Saryn could be a lot better planned in terms of her skills is all. She should either be a caster or a melee frame is all I'm saying, I don't know why she branches out into both which makes it hard for her to be good at either.

Oh, so you like her light breeze, useless armor buff skill that coats us in more feeble tissue paper, and an ult that has no range, AoE, or scaling damage? 

NOPE. SUPERB FRAME. NUTHIN WRONG.

giphy.gif

Edited by Hastur609

That was an extremely unneeded wall of text considering you were replying to a single sentence.

-shrug- I gave you a legitimate answer to you considering what I was saying the wrong way. Don't really care if you take it or leave it. Considering Saryn is the frame I use the most and I just wanted to correct you on what you said about my post. :) Also what I do with my time is my problem not yours! Nice chatting with you.