Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Upcoming "fixes" Are Lackluster

(PSN)d1v4d

We all know them, but here are her a list of her stats (Level 30) and abilites (maxed), as of update 11.5.

Stats

Health: 300

Power: 150

Armor: 300

Shield: 150

Sprint Speed: 1.1

Stamina: 150

Polarities: 2x 18px-V.png

Aura: 18px-V.png

Rip Line

Cost: 25 Energy

Duration: N/A

Power: 600 (Slash Damage)

Range: 75m

Warcry

Cost: 75 Energy

Duration: 15

Power: 50% allied Armor and Attack Speed buff; 50% foe Speed debuff

Range: 25m

Paralysis

Cost: 5 Energy; 1/3 of current Shield

Duration: N/A

Power: 50% of Shields * 3.5 (Impact Damage)

Range: 10m

Hysteria

Cost: 100 Energy

Duration: 30

Power: Invulnerable; 1.75x damage multiplier

- Normal Attack: 100 Impact, 100 Puncture, 100 Slash Damage; 50% Crit. Chance, 200% Crit. Damage

- Charge Attack: N/A

- Slam Attack: 300 (?) Damage; 100% Knockdown; 5m range

- Jump, Slide, Finisher and Wall Atacks; 10 (?) Damage

Life regain/regeneration as damage is being dealt to enemies.

Range: 5m

Pulled from the wiki. Please, correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

Outside of cosmetic changes, what exactly would you change about Valkyr to make her feel more like a Berserker? What changes to Hysteria and Warcry do you feel should be made? What do you feel her Health, Shield and Armor should be? Does she really need two 18px-V.png Polarity slots?

I’ve found the time to properly address your questions, and I’ll answer them directly (no derailing).

Let’s get started, yes?

How To Make Valkyr Play As A Berserker (cut-down version of OP):

An increase in movement speed to 1.3 is a must.

This is all I can really suggest while still not making Valkyr a completely different frame to play as (unless that's what you were asking from me). If I were to add something new to Valkyr, it'd be a toggle option called "Outrage" which makes Valkyr drop all her weapons, and only use her hands to grapple and rip enemies apart. This is me getting ahead of myself, though.

Moving on...

Valkyr, as of now, does not have the damage or the speed to be considered a berserker. She’s slightly above average in speed, but she has a lot of armor. I still don't fully understand this.

The only thing that helps her play as a berserker (as of now) is that her shields are low, which was a step in the right direction.

Valkyr should be quick and powerful, but she should have a learning curve. Berserkers can be taken down easily, IF they get hit/don’t use their given tools (re-read OP for more info). She should take skill to handle.

Warcry:

Right off the bat, life-steal should be given to Warcry, not Hysteria. The armor buff that Valkyr gives to her allies doesn’t suit Valkyr’s purpose. She is full of hate, so this ability should give off the offensive effects that adrenaline would. Melee swing speed is correct, but the armor buff is not. Instead of an armor buff, allow Valkyr and her allies to sprint faster, also. I do NOT mean movement speed; just sprint speed (same effect as the “Rush” mod ((stack-able)) ).

While Valkyr is in this mode of being strictly melee, give her the tools necessary to help her fight (i.e agility and life-steal).

Overall Solution:

-Add life-steal

-Keep enemy movement debuff

-Keep melee speed buff for both Valkyr and her allies

-Add sprint speed boost to Valkyr and her allies

-Remove armor buff

Hysteria:

Take invincibility off, and simply apply an incoming damage reduction bonus to Valkyr (anywhere from 75%-80% incoming damage reduction). Now, since we’re tossing away her life-steal and invincibility, she’ll need to compensate. This is where Hysteria’s animations/hit boxes need fixing. Valkyr is given claws, and since you asked, I’ll go into detail.

As of now, Hysteria isn’t enjoyable. If a killing machine was given claws, it wouldn’t start punching stuff. Valkyr needs to swipe/cleave/slash. Her attacks need to be AoE, and with each kill Valkyr obtains, she gets quicker (movement speed) and stronger (DPS). Again, this will actually want players to fight whilst using Hysteria, and not just pop it when they need to heal a downed player. Also note that the audio during Valkyr’s punches needs to be changed. Something related to “swiping” would actually suit her claws.

Lastly (and this is a big one), she needs to stop floating when she punches. The whole floating thing should be removed, and her swing reach needs to be doubled. To sum it all up, she needs to be in a fury; a whirlwind of attacks.

If this all seems too powerful, then allow Valkyr to gain AoE capabilities (along with the movement speed/damage boosts) with every kill. Hysteria does not need a charge attack. There is no time for Valkyr to stop swinging- also, why would she?

Hitting enemies is like a game in-itself, right now.

Overall Solution:

-Keep risk factor (if not all enemies are killed, it harms Valkyr after Hysteria runs out)

-Increase overall damage

-Add swiping/cleaving animations (AoE, not single target)

-Add increased ranged (double the reach of current swings)

-Add incoming damage reduction (75%-85%)

-Add boosts after every kill Valkyr gets (damage, speed, and possibly AoE capabilities)

-Remove invincibility

-Remove life-steal

-Remove floating

-Remove punching

Stats/Polarities:

Here’s how Valkyr’s stats should be:

Health: 300 (N/A)

Power: 150 (N/A)

Armor: ? (thoughts below)

Shield: 150 (N/A)

Sprint Speed: 1.3 (from 1.1)

Stamina: 150 (N/A)

There are only two changes I’d make to her stats, which are Armor and Sprint Speed.

Right now, armor doesn’t do much. I know this was to help her survivability, but it’s not really needed. A life-steal during Warcry will be a viable reason to get forget about her high armor value. She should be able to still use Warcry when in Hysteria (which is why life-steal is useless on Hysteria).

Sprint speed is self explanatory. She needs a way to survive with such low shields, and life-steal + speed is the answer. Without using her abilities, all she will have is her agility (which would be fine if her speed was 1.3). As of now, she’s got nothing.

Valkyr’s 18px-V.png polarities work. This is correct, and should be left as is (since she is an offensive frame).

Let us remember that Valkyr is squishy, but she would be a blast to handle if she were to be played correctly. She has high stamina; players should use it in order to stay alive. Let's not forget that she's supposed to be melee-oriented, also.

Speed + damage gives you a nice berserker.

Armor? No.

Let me know if there needs to be clarification anywhere, or if you have any questions.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became out saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprhend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

From the codex entry on Excalibur Prime.

Considering that every frame to date is humanoid and of fairly normal proportions and build, it's pretty safe to say they're human on the inside. The 'twisting' could refer to significant changes to their physiology but really, if I had to posit a guess, I'd think they stepped away from the reverse jointed legs to avoid alienating players from her, being that most people are fickle and won't play inhuman characters when human is offered.

Then again, they've done a pretty good job alienating players from her by making her pretty crap. At least she has V Polarity slots so you can equip Provoked and still contribute while you bleed out?

Uhhh, tenno are deffo NOT humans. They are freaky rock people. Look in a cryo pod.  The grineer are humans, twisted by repetitive cloning, ie genetic failure. 

Uhhh, tenno are deffo NOT humans. They are freaky rock people. Look in a cryo pod.  The grineer are humans, twisted by repetitive cloning, ie genetic failure. 

Not sure if you are serious or trolling but as the person inside the cryo pod is a model with coloring and other detail work left off it's not a rock person.

I don't get why people say her hysteria attacks are single target as I have hit 3 people at once with 1 attack on many occasions.

Because it leans towards single target hits more than AoE hits. Hitting 3 enemies that are literally ontop of eachother isn't AoE.

Valkyr's Ripline is single target, but I've hit 2 people with it before and killed both since they were right beside eachother.

Moot point.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

I’ve found the time to properly address your questions, and I’ll answer them directly (no derailing).

Let’s get started, yes?

How To Make Valkyr Play As A Berserker (cut-down version of OP):

An increase in movement speed to 1.3 is a must.

This is all I can really suggest while still not making Valkyr a completely different frame to play as (unless that's what you were asking from me). If I were to add something new to Valkyr, it'd be a toggle option called "Outrage" which makes Valkyr drop all her weapons, and only use her hands to grapple and rip enemies apart. This is me getting ahead of myself, though.

Moving on...

Valkyr, as of now, does not have the damage or the speed to be considered a berserker. She’s slightly above average in speed, but she has a lot of armor. I still don't fully understand this.

The only thing that helps her play as a berserker (as of now) is that her shields are low, which was a step in the right direction.

Valkyr should be quick and powerful, but she should have a learning curve. Berserkers can be taken down easily, IF they get hit/don’t use their given tools (re-read OP for more info). She should take skill to handle.

Warcry:

Right off the bat, life-steal should be given to Warcry, not Hysteria. The armor buff that Valkyr gives to her allies doesn’t suit Valkyr’s purpose. She is full of hate, so this ability should give off the offensive effects that adrenaline would. Melee swing speed is correct, but the armor buff is not. Instead of an armor buff, allow Valkyr and her allies to sprint faster, also. I do NOT mean movement speed; just sprint speed (same effect as the “Rush” mod ((stack-able)) ).

While Valkyr is in this mode of being strictly melee, give her the tools necessary to help her fight (i.e agility and life-steal).

Overall Solution:

-Add life-steal

-Keep enemy movement debuff

-Keep melee speed buff for both Valkyr and her allies

-Add sprint speed boost to Valkyr and her allies

-Remove armor buff

Hysteria:

Take invincibility off, and simply apply an incoming damage reduction bonus to Valkyr (anywhere from 75%-80% incoming damage reduction). Now, since we’re tossing away her life-steal and invincibility, she’ll need to compensate. This is where Hysteria’s animations/hit boxes need fixing. Valkyr is given claws, and since you asked, I’ll go into detail.

As of now, Hysteria isn’t enjoyable. If a killing machine was given claws, it wouldn’t start punching stuff. Valkyr needs to swipe/cleave/slash. Her attacks need to be AoE, and with each kill Valkyr obtains, she gets quicker (movement speed) and stronger (DPS). Again, this will actually want players to fight whilst using Hysteria, and not just pop it when they need to heal a downed player. Also note that the audio during Valkyr’s punches needs to be changed. Something related to “swiping” would actually suit her claws.

Lastly (and this is a big one), she needs to stop floating when she punches. The whole floating thing should be removed, and her swing reach needs to be doubled. To sum it all up, she needs to be in a fury; a whirlwind of attacks.

If this all seems too powerful, then allow Valkyr to gain AoE capabilities (along with the movement speed/damage boosts) with every kill. Hysteria does not need a charge attack. There is no time for Valkyr to stop swinging- also, why would she?

Hitting enemies is like a game in-itself, right now.

Overall Solution:

-Keep risk factor (if not all enemies are killed, it harms Valkyr after Hysteria runs out)

-Increase overall damage

-Add swiping/cleaving animations (AoE, not single target)

-Add increased ranged (double the reach of current swings)

-Add incoming damage reduction (75%-85%)

-Add boosts after every kill Valkyr gets (damage, speed, and possibly AoE capabilities)

-Remove invincibility

-Remove life-steal

-Remove floating

-Remove punching

Stats/Polarities:

Here’s how Valkyr’s stats should be:

Health: 300 (N/A)

Power: 150 (N/A)

Armor: ? (thoughts below)

Shield: 150 (N/A)

Sprint Speed: 1.3 (from 1.1)

Stamina: 150 (N/A)

There are only two changes I’d make to her stats, which are Armor and Sprint Speed.

Right now, armor doesn’t do much. I know this was to help her survivability, but it’s not really needed. A life-steal during Warcry will be a viable reason to get forget about her high armor value. She should be able to still use Warcry when in Hysteria (which is why life-steal is useless on Hysteria).

Sprint speed is self explanatory. She needs a way to survive with such low shields, and life-steal + speed is the answer. Without using her abilities, all she will have is her agility (which would be fine if her speed was 1.3). As of now, she’s got nothing.

Valkyr’s 18px-V.png polarities work. This is correct, and should be left as is (since she is an offensive frame).

Let us remember that Valkyr is squishy, but she would be a blast to handle if she were to be played correctly. She has high stamina; players should use it in order to stay alive. Let's not forget that she's supposed to be melee-oriented, also.

Speed + damage gives you a nice berserker.

Armor? No.

Let me know if there needs to be clarification anywhere, or if you have any questions.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out what you are asking is to remove her ability to fight anything and replace it with making her die to everything but infested.When most grineer and corpus enemies don't miss often even with acrobatics speed won't save you against elite crewmen and other high damage enemies in your proposed solution.Lowering her armor and giving a damage reduction instead of invuln won't make her require skill to use it'll make a large portion drop her in favour of someone like rhino or trinity who can still have invuln.You are at it's core suggesting she be made into a female loki with no stealth and melee oriented.I like some bits mind you like the extra range on hysteria attacks.I can't keep track of the amount of times I've fallen slightly short on a hit.I also agree mostly on warcry though I think the armor buff should stay there as to my knowledge no one else has one yet.

I'm surprised no one has pointed out what you are asking is to remove her ability to fight anything and replace it with making her die to everything but infested.When most grineer and corpus enemies don't miss often even with acrobatics speed won't save you against elite crewmen and other high damage enemies in your proposed solution.Lowering her armor and giving a damage reduction instead of invuln won't make her require skill to use it'll make a large portion drop her in favour of someone like rhino or trinity who can still have invuln.You are at it's core suggesting she be made into a female loki with no stealth and melee oriented.I like some bits mind you like the extra range on hysteria attacks.I can't keep track of the amount of times I've fallen slightly short on a hit.I also agree mostly on warcry though I think the armor buff should stay there as to my knowledge no one else has one yet.

Thanks for your feedback, helcalv. I appreciate the gesture, but allow me to explain.

Loki was my starter frame, all the way until I got Valkyr. I've clocked in about 150 hours in the game, and Valkyr's play time is catching up quickly. I main her, so don't feel as if I'm trying to cause her harm- cause I'm not.

One of the problems with Warframe Abilities are that they're simply executed, and lack thought and combination.

Your main worry seems to stem from Hysteria, so without further hesitation: Let's dance *holds out hand*

Hysteria is, well, wrong. In its current state, it adds no challenge and depth to Valkyr. You're invincible, and you simply swing (and usually miss) until you think it'll run out. What do you do then? Run away (if it's anything mid-level or a little higher). Is that very Berserker-like to you? Is that fun, helcalv? I don't think it is.

Now, let's talk about your worries with Valkyr going up against Grineer and Corpus (with my "fix" implemented, of course). Say you're currently in Hysteria, and that 80% damage reduction is doing well, but it's also troubling in you. If only you had an ability that would aid you... Warcry.

Hysteria + Warcry would be the ultimate Berserker play-style, and it'll drain ALL your precious energy. "Valkyr only has 150 energy, therfore she cannot pop both Hysteria and Warcy." You'd be correct, but you'd also be missing the point. *spins you around*

This is where High Risk/High Reward comes in. You want to use Hysteria? Fine. Go nuts, Valkyr- and enjoy your haste (speed is important here, trust me) and bloodshed. Those enemies are a little tough, if only you thought about that earlier. There's a solution, though. Gather some more energy, and use Warcry whilst in Hysteria. Now, you don't want to mess with this girl. *turns you back around and looks deeply into your eyes*

If Valkyr were to use what she has (if my fixes were turned real), then she would truly be a Berserker.

Is she Loki without invisibility? Now, don't be silly.

I'd like to let you in on a little something. Take my OP, and take my post that you've kindly quoted. Now, take the melee system that was shown off during the last Livestream. Melee oriented frame? Oh, hell yes.

As for her armor buff... Why? You're right, it's unique- but it isn't for her. It does not fit. Let it go... there will be another frame to take it (possibly a, oh I don't know... a strict defensive frame?). I promise you. *Gently let's go and resumes casual standing position*

Valkyr will be tough to handle during Solo play... but this is a game based on co-op. Berserkers aren't meant to be easy to play as. They're (in history and nature) hard to control.

Do you see what I'm trying to do? Valkyr is safe in my hands, believe me.

Thank you for the dance. I enjoyed clearing your concerns. If you have anymore questions, by all means, don't hesitate.

It was my belief that Hysteria's invincibility was due to adrenaline rush. Then when it runs out, the damage that the Valkyr had been ignoring suddenly "caught up" (and being able to kill everything to ignore that damage was a balance issue). Still dumb, but just my understanding.

That being said, I have used Valkyr for an extensive amount of time and find it to be hilariously underpowered compared to almost anything. So starting from your first point:

Movement Speed

Completely agree. Valkyr needs to be fast. She needs to be able to outrun almost anything that can run from her, so a movement speed AT LEAST equalling Loki, if not surpassing would help tremendously. 

Survivability

Keeping Valkyr with extremely low shields, but high armor and Health works. The 300 armor can also represent the ability to shrug off pain to a certain extent (armor doesn't protect you in Warframe, it makes you hurt less from each hit and armor plating is only ONE way to accomplish that). Valkyr doesn't need to be squishy, but hits that hurt should leave lasting (Health Damage) marks.

Ripline

While strong, I most often aim Ripline next to enemies so as to bring myself within melee range. The inability to actually go directly to the target location (such as with Nova's Wormhole) and near uselessness of pulling enemies to you (or halves of enemies in some cases) makes Ripline an underpowered middle line. Changing Ripline to only pull you to targets (even if you strike an enemy) would make missed shots less punishing, and if Ripline pulled the Valkyr all the way forward, it would be much easier to close to melee distance with groups of foes. This would also contribute to the Valkyr being a speedy close-combat frame, capable of closing the distances quickly to devastate enemies. Side Note: the animation for Ripline, while not particularly urgent, looks completely stupid. I agree with OP that it should look a bit more like the Valkyr using her strength to propel herself and not like a dying bird flying through the air.

Warcry

Once again, I was under the impression that Warcry's armor buff came from an adrenaline surge, rather than actual physical armor. If a health leech type ability was added, then it should only affect MELEE attacks (and maybe Ripline), as any other attacks do not fit the theme of the Valkyr. I also agree that additional SPRINT speed would also be in line with this theme and should be considered. However, I think the enemy speed debuff should be removed (warcries typically are designed to make enemies afraid and more likely to run, and ignoring that Valkyr has Paralysis which should take the job of holding enemies still).

Paralysis

Edit: Damage dealing ability currently, useless for control.

This should be a crowd control ability, something the Valkyr currently does not have. If Paralysis placed a speed (even just movement speed) debuff on enemies within range, then it would see much more use. Right now, i only see it used when someone attempts to use another power and missed the touchpad slide a bit. The hit to shields is what makes this ability cost very little, but no matter how much you mod her, Valkyr will never have impressive shields, so a bit of damage to her shields (based on percentage) will do little to nothing regardless.

Edit: Changing the name of Paralysis to reflect its current effect would also be sufficient. 

Hysteria

I agree with the OP's The current benefit to Hysteria is the invulnerability, which should only be removed if a MASSIVE damage reduction (such as the OP suggestion of 75-80%) were to be put in its place. The awkward punch animation and floating should be removed in favor of an actual swiping animation capable of hitting multiple foes. Finally, power damage mods (Focus, Blind Rage) should actually increase the damage of the claws, not just the critical multiplier. This would allow DE to lower the base damage slightly and make it scale with mods, like most other damage dealing final powers. 

Edited by (PS4)Pikeax

Paralysis

Useless ability currently. This should be a crowd control ability, something the Valkyr currently does not have. If Paralysis placed a speed (even just movement speed) debuff on enemies within range, then it would see much more use. Right now, i only see it used when someone attempts to use another power and missed the touchpad slide a bit. The hit to shields is what makes this ability cost very little, but no matter how much you mod her, Valkyr will never have impressive shields, so a damage based on shields will do little to nothing regardless.

Far from useless, IMO; I use that ability extensively when I am in Hysteria with Continuity which can last 40s. 

Do you use it alone, when you can actually observe its effect or only under Hysteria while running and punching things already? Hysteria, while wonderful, doesn't make it easy to discern the effect, its duration and damage. I tested it on various levels of Infested, Corpus, and Grineer but didn't notice much "Paralysis." Just damage.

Do you use it alone, when you can actually observe its effect or only under Hysteria while running and punching things already? Hysteria, while wonderful, doesn't make it easy to discern the effect, its duration and damage. I tested it on various levels of Infested, Corpus, and Grineer but didn't notice much "Paralysis." Just damage.

I use it as stand alone and under Hysteria. Yeah, It only stun them for a very short time; If that's what you mean by useless. My 350 shield (when in full) with focus causes a good among of damage in 2 rapid swipes which costs me less than 10p of energy.

Her true somewhat cc ability would be warcry, but they need to buff it so it slows the enemies by at least 50% instead of 30%...

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

It was my belief that Hysteria's invincibility was due to adrenaline rush. Then when it runs out, the damage that the Valkyr had been ignoring suddenly "caught up" (and being able to kill everything to ignore that damage was a balance issue). Still dumb, but just my understanding.

That being said, I have used Valkyr for an extensive amount of time and find it to be hilariously underpowered compared to almost anything. So starting from your first point:

Movement Speed

Completely agree. Valkyr needs to be fast. She needs to be able to outrun almost anything that can run from her, so a movement speed AT LEAST equalling Loki, if not surpassing would help tremendously. 

Survivability

Keeping Valkyr with extremely low shields, but high armor and Health works. The 300 armor can also represent the ability to shrug off pain to a certain extent (armor doesn't protect you in Warframe, it makes you hurt less from each hit and armor plating is only ONE way to accomplish that). Valkyr doesn't need to be squishy, but hits that hurt should leave lasting (Health Damage) marks.

Ripline

While strong, I most often aim Ripline next to enemies so as to bring myself within melee range. The inability to actually go directly to the target location (such as with Nova's Wormhole) and near uselessness of pulling enemies to you (or halves of enemies in some cases) makes Ripline an underpowered middle line. Changing Ripline to only pull you to targets (even if you strike an enemy) would make missed shots less punishing, and if Ripline pulled the Valkyr all the way forward, it would be much easier to close to melee distance with groups of foes. This would also contribute to the Valkyr being a speedy close-combat frame, capable of closing the distances quickly to devastate enemies. Side Note: the animation for Ripline, while not particularly urgent, looks completely stupid. I agree with OP that it should look a bit more like the Valkyr using her strength to propel herself and not like a dying bird flying through the air.

Warcry

Once again, I was under the impression that Warcry's armor buff came from an adrenaline surge, rather than actual physical armor. If a health leech type ability was added, then it should only affect MELEE attacks (and maybe Ripline), as any other attacks do not fit the theme of the Valkyr. I also agree that additional SPRINT speed would also be in line with this theme and should be considered. However, I think the enemy speed debuff should be removed (warcries typically are designed to make enemies afraid and more likely to run, and ignoring that Valkyr has Paralysis which should take the job of holding enemies still).

Paralysis

Damage dealing ability currently, useless for control. This should be a crowd control ability, something the Valkyr currently does not have. If Paralysis placed a speed (even just movement speed) debuff on enemies within range, then it would see much more use. Right now, i only see it used when someone attempts to use another power and missed the touchpad slide a bit. The hit to shields is what makes this ability cost very little, but no matter how much you mod her, Valkyr will never have impressive shields, so a damage based on shields will do little to nothing regardless.

Hysteria

I agree with the OP's The current benefit to Hysteria is the invulnerability, which should only be removed if a MASSIVE damage reduction (such as the OP suggestion of 75-80%) were to be put in its place. The awkward punch animation and floating should be removed in favor of an actual swiping animation capable of hitting multiple foes. Finally, power damage mods (Focus, Blind Rage) should actually increase the damage of the claws, not just the critical multiplier. This would allow DE to lower the base damage slightly and make it scale with mods, like most other damage dealing final powers.

Thanks for your input. I think we're both on the same page when it comes to Valkyr's purpose.

I didn't touch upon Paralysis too much because I believe that it's pretty straight forward. Either change the name, or actually make it Paralyze enemies. A little "trip" hasn't ever been important in any situation I've encountered.

I just feel that DE will ignore it unless it is specifically mentioned.

They'd be foolish. I won't be on here for another 2 months unless I see changes done to Warframes. I don't care about new frames, nor do I care about events. Right now, I want them to give certain Warframes the attention they need.

It just happens that Valkyr is the frame the was executed poorest.

If it is Scott handling what happens with Valkyr, then he'd be wise to see what other people think of his "buffs". Work always needs to be critiqued. In this case, a huge overhaul is needed.

They'd be foolish. I won't be on here for another 2 months unless I see changes done to Warframes. I don't care about new frames, nor do I care about events. Right now, I want them to give certain Warframes the attention they need.

Seems a little silly to boycott or simply leave a game because they aren't fixing a character fast enough, the game is technically in beta. (Granted any game with a running a Cash Shop, and is released to the public is technically out of beta and using the term beta as an excuse for delivering a slightly broken game as they try to fix it.)

But the DE shouldn't just drop everything they are doing and focus on "fixing" Valkyr. They require data, trial and error, and then they might look at some of the ideas in threads like these to confirm to see what people want, AND FINALLY add those changes.

This game was released last Spring, and considering it has gone through 11+ different updates/builds, that's pretty impressive. That's nearly a new big update every 1-3 weeks.

Just keep playing the game, enjoy it for what it is, let it change enjoy it for what it is, if you get bored stop playing, and if you don't like the changes try and suggest new ones and wish for the best.

Seems a little silly to boycott or simply leave a game because they aren't fixing a character fast enough, the game is technically in beta. (Granted any game with a running a Cash Shop, and is released to the public is technically out of beta and using the term beta as an excuse for delivering a slightly broken game as they try to fix it.)

But the DE shouldn't just drop everything they are doing and focus on "fixing" Valkyr. They require data, trial and error, and then they might look at some of the ideas in threads like these to confirm to see what people want, AND FINALLY add those changes.

This game was released last Spring, and considering it has gone through 11+ different updates/builds, that's pretty impressive. That's nearly a new big update every 1-3 weeks.

Just keep playing the game, enjoy it for what it is, let it change enjoy it for what it is, if you get bored stop playing, and if you don't like the changes try and suggest new ones and wish for the best.

I wasn't saying that it would be the very reason I'd give this game a rest, but it would contribute. Also, I don't care when they fix her, but I do care about the time when they'll sit down and work on the existing frames.

I think you misunderstood my whole point.

Anyways, this is all unimportant and irrelevant. Worry about yourself, and I'll worry about myself.

I'm glad everyone has come to an agreement that she needs help, and that these points and fixes are suitable.

If you have thoughts, feel free to spill them anytime you wish.

Edit: Also, I'd love any signs of change. That is, if the change is worth noting. I believe DE will deliver; they're a great team.

However, my push for Warframe changes (Valkyr mostly, clearly) has been persistent. I will continue to let DE know that I'm willing to help with Valkyr (fully).

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d

I just built this frame. When does she hit a "wall"? When does she become ineffective in combat?

Can you be more clear with your second question? There are many factors.

As for your first question, when you Ripline towards a wall, hit R1 (melee). Valkyr will do an air dash, identical to a wall-run attack. 

This is not effective for Ripline, is what I stated.

I meant the figurative wall, but that helps as well. I was just curious what level enemies I would begin having problems with her. Kind of like Embers WOF being no good against higher levels.

Mid-level enemies, so around level 25, she'll be fine if you have a decent build.

If you run into enemies around level 35, with Heavies also at that level, her flaws start to expose themselves.

Have fun with her, and feel free to tell me what you think about her once you feel you have a grasp on her.

Edited by (PS4)d1v4d