Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Based Warframe: Aegis

NeverEatTheLemonsAlone

Forged in the flames of the war against the Sentients, Aegis is known for using her powers over energy to form shields of it, both guarding her allies and devastating her enemies.

Edit: This is a revised version for the Damage 2.0 system.

So, this is Aegis. Her abilities are based off using shields to deal damage as well as to avoid it. Her stats are as follows:

Health: 100 (150)
Shields: 150 (750)
Energy: 100 (200)
Sprint Speed: 1
Armor: 140

Polarities: 4x=, 2xD

Aura Polarity: D
Stamina: 70

Abilities:

#1: Purge

Aegis pulses out a wave of energy around her, clearing any poison or fire hazards and knocking back any enemies in the radius. Staggers them and does a small amount of damage. Gets rid of fire procs on allies. Upgrading expands the radius of the blast and the amount it staggers enemies. Costs 25 energy.

#2: Aegis Gauntlet

Replaces your melee weapon with a huge metal gauntlet on Aegis' right arm. Its attack stats are largely dependent upon your melee weapon, e.g. basic damage, attack speed, procs, status chance, critical chance, critical damage and etc., with the exception of the damage type. The damage your melee weapon does will be transferred into impact damage and the knockdown range will expand to a range similar to that of the Galatine. If you have one of the weapons that does elemental damage instead of knockdown damage on the jump attack, it keeps that effect. While this ability is active, you cannot use your firearms, simply because the gauntlet makes it too hard to manipulate them since it's really big and clunky. Blocking with the gauntlet also reflection damage, similar to the mod Reflection, but at a lesser degree, a ratio of 10:1 damage taken and returned. It also reduces damage taken while blocking by a further 10%. The ability lasts for twenty seconds unmodded, and when it ends, your melee weapon returns to normal, the resulting displacement of energy dealing damage and stagger in a small radius around you. Upgrading increases the amount of damage reduction, 10%/15%/17%/20%. Costs 50 energy.

#3: Spherica

All allies near Aegis, say within 20 meters, as well as she herself, are enveloped in small personal bubbles that reduce damage taken by one-half and block procs and fire/toxin damage. Also reduces the effect of ice stages on shields. The bubbles last one minute. Upgrading increases the radius of the area of effect. Costs 75 energy. (Changing it from its original form since it was basically group Iron Skin)

#4: Shield Splinter

Permanently disables the shields of any enemies in a large radius around Aegis, as well as lowering their armor by three-quarters. In addition, your allies gain 75%% buff to their shields while near Aegis for 25 seconds. Upgrading increases the duration of the shield buff. Costs 100 energy.

Possible alternate abilities:

Barricade

Aegis throws up a shield similar to Electric Shield in front of her, except it's a good deal larger, say two or three times taller and five times wider, and blocks everything from going through it, including lasers, ally's projectiles, knockdown effects, etc. It's a static shield, so in order to receive it's protective effects, you need to stay behind it. Essentially a deployable clear wall. The exception to its blocking is, as with any other wall, weapons that have punch-through effects on. Enemies can see you through it. Lasts ten seconds to start.

Shield Burst (Tentative title)

Aegis conjures a ball of sorts, made of condensed energy, that she hurls at enemies. It bounces of walls a la Penta mines, though gravity doesn't affect it, and does low impact damage, as well as staggering on a glancing blow, knocking down on a more solid hit, and ragdolling on a direct hit to the chest. Upon said direct hit, it will dissipate and die.

If you want to know anything, tell me straightaway and I'll add it to the description. Thanks.

Edited by NeverEatTheLemonsAlone

1 seems kinda cool. 2 seems not very useful and a bit expensive for 40 energy. 3 seems cool, maybe a little OP early on, but with mods it should still be useful later on. 4 does seem O but again nice idea.

Stat wise it makes sense for the high shields, her armor is too high but armor is a bit useless so it doesn't matter. She sounds tanky so I'd lower that sprint speed and give her 1st a large radius. Also in the theme of shields I'd make it holo graphic like an omni tool.

I kinda like the concept, but I don't really like the energy workings of the first and second abilities. Personally, I would make Purge the normal 25 power first ability, and re-work Aegis Gauntlet just so we won't need to add a "constant drain" power and make it work as a 50. It could still work by turning your melee into a gauntlet that deals modified/increased damage based off your melee (probably with speed based off the original weapon), but instead of blocking other weapons outright, it makes both the fire button and the melee button do melee attacks (though the two buttons could create different melee attacks, with right click being guard), and switching weapons causes you to launch the gauntlet at an enemy with a sort of rocket punch, ending the power early but dealing considerable knockback and damage in a line. Other than that, the effect has a limited maximum duration (increased by upgrading the power mod), at the end of which your weapon springs back to its original form, dealing short range radial damage similar to that of the rocket punch.

• 1 month later...

Just going to let you know prior to zephyr (I got no idea what DE was thinking with that) no warframe has had both shield and health over 100 and never has go over 150 at base level also warframe with higher armor generally have lower shields like valkyr because armor only effects health not shields if your going to give it high shields then make an ability that will cost x% of that shield to balance it out. I think there is a good idea in this frame you just need to move things around and sculpt it

Edited by Sasoka

Just going to let you know prior to zephyr (I got no idea what DE was thinking with that) no warframe has had both shield and health over 100 and never has go over 150 at base level also warframe with higher armor generally have lower shields like valkyr because armor only effects health not shields if your going to give it high shields then make an ability that will cost x% of that shield to balance it out. I think there is a good idea in this frame you just need to move things around and sculpt it

True, true. I tend to get my perceptions about starting frames really skewed since I never get new frames. I'll edit that, I think.

True, true. I tend to get my perceptions about starting frames really skewed since I never get new frames. I'll edit that, I think.

one other thing i forgot to mention you gave him the slowest speed hes slower than rhino and frost if hes planned on being a tank increase his armor at the expense of health if hes shield based he wont need much heath and the higher armor will just be that net incase it runs out if hes not a tank then simply increase his speed. Edited by Sasoka

• 4 weeks later...

one other thing i forgot to mention you gave him the slowest speed hes slower than rhino and frost if hes planned on being a tank increase his armor at the expense of health if hes shield based he wont need much heath and the higher armor will just be that net incase it runs out if hes not a tank then simply increase his speed.

Right, right...Edited.

• 2 months later...

you should modify the gauntlet to be light instead. valkyr already forces you into melee range, see check this out what if the gauntlet can increase primary, secondary, or melee performance like the gauntlet merges with the current weapon making it a enhanced weapon. maybe x2 damage and better accuracy, and it drains the shield to maintain the enhance so the bigger your shield the longer you can hold on to it.

P.S. it can be toggled.